X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News DLR Strollers are now $15 per day to rent

Yes, you are reading the title right...

The strollers went from $12 to $15 per day to rent this week. (Single).

Disney will rent you two for just $25.

Heck, just stop by Walmart or Target on your way to the park and buy one at that price.

(And if you don't want to take it back home, drop it off at a charity pick up spot! on the way back to the airport.)
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: DLR Strollers are now $15 per day to rent

somewhat comical considering you would pay about $20 if you are checking a stroller in for a flight these days.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Last edited by WestsideCM99; 10-02-2009, 08:22 AM. Reason: mis-understood the OP

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
        $15 bucks for an ultimate fastpass?!? Where do I sign up!!
        Actually, those are still just $12 ($32 to get a wheelchair, but you get $20 back when you return it)

ECV's are now $50 ($70, with a $20 deposit returned when returned).
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrr......

And this is less than two months since they changed the Disney Rewards Visa Card benefit from free stroller rental to half price stroller rental. (Of course. one of the main reasons I signed up for the card!)

Comment

Would you like a 99 cent tomato slice with your 15 dollar stroller rental?

When you think about how much money is being paid to the corner office suits coming up with these pricing schemes it just boggles the mind.
            Obviously they need to continue to squeeze every last drop of money from every customer to justify there insane salaries with no regard to just how bad of a taste the money squeezing will leave in that customers mouth and mind!

Comment

Good. Good good good.

Maybe we'll see more chest harnesses and papooses. It's considerate, and fashionable. One young lady had a combo shirt/harness. It was the most chic and sassy thing I have ever seen.

My kid is on my shoulders if he doesn't feel like walking.
              "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
              -Walter O' Dim.

Comment

There are multiple reasons why the stroller price goes up. The Stroller Shop does not make very much profit at all to begin with, you make think it does with those prices but with the cost of replacing any broken or missing strollers plus the labor it takes to run the shop.

The bright side to this, is that you may see more children walking and might have less strollers running over your feet.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                  somewhat comical considering you would pay about $20 if you are checking a stroller in for a flight these days.
                  If you gate-check them, most, if not all, airlines will charge nothing for the stroller. We recently did this on United, Delta, American and Alaska, all free of charge.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Why stop at $15? Why not just charge a nice even $100 a day for strollers?

They're going to do just that eventually, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                      There are multiple reasons why the stroller price goes up. The Stroller Shop does not make very much profit at all to begin with, you make think it does with those prices but with the cost of replacing any broken or missing strollers plus the labor it takes to run the shop.

The bright side to this, is that you may see more children walking and might have less strollers running over your feet.
                      exactly what i was thinking

Comment

Get those 8 year olds out of those strollers!

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                          Get those 18 year olds out of those strollers!
                          Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by M&M Daddy View Post
                            Grrrrrrrrrrrr......

And this is less than two months since they changed the Disney Rewards Visa Card benefit from free stroller rental to half price stroller rental. (Of course. one of the main reasons I signed up for the card!)
                            actually it used to be 2 free rentals per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                              This is of course assuming that the majority of strollers in park are rentals. Honestly I've seen the opposite... as rental prices have gone up more and more bring their own strollers. What is really interesting is when said stroller is the size of a small SUV... not the little $15 WalMart special Darkbeer is referring to. I've seen some single strollers bigger then our double one. Personally I don't care... we have 4 kids so a double stroller and a backpack is a great deal easier then lugging everything around and trying to get 3 little ones and a baby though a crowd. I've seen a little bit of everything from bad stroller drivers/parkers to people and kids who cut right in front of strollers and complain when they get hit. All the price increase will likely do is encourage more individuals to bring their own stroller.

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                              If you gate-check them, most, if not all, airlines will charge nothing for the stroller. We recently did this on United, Delta, American and Alaska, all free of charge.
                              It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment about the cost of taking luggage with you when you go on vacation. I haven't had to travel with the kids so I am not sure of ways around the check-in rule.

sigpic

Comment

As a former CM I always thought it was interesting when a group of teens (sorry the only ones I caught were groups of teens) would rent a wheelchair. I realize some medical conditions can't be seen. That being said I didn't realize a medical condition can switch feet or completely switch people. It's a small miracle how a ride on something like Indy can cure a bad foot, or give someone else in your party the bad foot...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X