This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soarin' Over California - A Review

Such good posts, we did them twice. What's going on with MiceChat today?

Comment

The queue is a ... (why does queue have two U's and two E's when one of each would suffice?) (I digress)

5/10, they should invest in a dozen or so 42" screens and put some avation history into "MOTION". I start falling asleep in this queue and it really spoils the ride. I'm even thinking about a 4 now that I type this.

The ride is a fabulous 9/10 forsure!! Worth waiting for the front row everytime, (the feet bug the crap out of me... sorry, I'm picky) I figure if I will wait 30-40 minutes for a ride, it's worth waiting another 5-10 for the BEST ride!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
        Such good posts, we did them twice. What's going on with MiceChat today?
        Great minds think alike. This is why all threads should automatically refresh when a new post is made!

Comment

OK So the next question is, if you reject the current theme and backstory, how could you incorporate a NEW attraction when the national park overlay comes in.

Because if they want to really wow us, take us to Yosemite, the Grand Canyon and all the National Parks. Develop a National park themed queue and a realistic idea of what we are boarding, where we are going.

Maybe let something horribly go wrong, and make it more of a Disney adventure.

Comment

I loved working this attraction and the story that went along with it. So much so I made a video during my time with the Resort.

Check it out. I read the WDI Script time and time again in hopes to make the short film as accurate as possible. Please leave comments and what not, they are always appreciated.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdmLYSLlBbo]YouTube - Soarin in Condor Flats[/ame]
            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I have not been on Soarin' in a long time because when we go to CA we usually spend most of our time in the original park.

How many tracks are there?
              How many people can ride a single track at once?
              What is the ride capacity per hour?

Thanks.

Comment

No tracks first and foremost but I believe I know what you mean.

There are 2 Theaters
                Each theater launches 87 guests per flight
                Those 87 are held in 3 different Carriages: Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie
                Each Carriage holds 3 rows holding 7-11 guests per row depending on which row your sitting in.

Ride capacity has varied over the years, as of now the OHRC is stands at 1375.
                You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Queue-7/10
                  Ride-9

And my Mom says
                  Queue-8.5
                  Ride-9.5
                  https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

Yeah, i would have to rate it against all attraction in the DL resort, including Pirates and Haunted Mansion. First time on, I was amazed, and it was THE attraction at DCA on opening day. And I still love it! But when doing a comparrison I can't give it more than an 8.0.

It really is amazing, and the design of the "vehicle" is unique.

The music, absolutely top notch, a 10! And it's the thing that holds this attraction and the scenes together, I don't have an issue with going from one locale to another instantaneously as they did do a good job of matching up similar altitudes, along with whether you were moving upward or downward and how the entire attraction cycles thru from morning to evening.

The queue - Bleah about a 3.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The queue is boring and slow moving. The ride has grown quite old on me. I almost don't care about riding it again till Soarin' over the World.

Comment

The line is a 5 or 6, there is so much more they could do with it. The ride itself is a 9 and should be, for it is one of the only attractions which features a repeatable movie, a memorable sensory experience, and attention to theme.
                        Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                        "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                        -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                        -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
                          I loved working this attraction and the story that went along with it. So much so I made a video during my time with the Resort.

Check it out. I read the WDI Script time and time again in hopes to make the short film as accurate as possible. Please leave comments and what not, they are always appreciated.

YouTube - Soarin in Condor Flats
                          I liked it very much. Really well done. Thank you for creating and presenting a good coherent story that doesn't get a lot of mention when you're at the park.
                          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                            I almost don't care about riding it again till Soarin' over the World.
                            If that's the case, I hope you never have any reason to care about riding it again! The day Soarin' loses its California theme in a park that purports to be about California would be a sad one indeed.

Back to work on my alternate exterior/queue/loading area concept...

Comment

Here's my rating:

Queue: 5 -- It's an aircraft hanger so they get points for that. I do like the reminder about the history of aviation but it really doesn't do anything more than that.

Safety Video: 8 -- Patrick Warburton does a fine job giving us the ins and outs of getting strapped in tight with a touch of humor.

Ride: 6.5 -- It's an above average ride, but it's only scratching the surface of its potential. The problem I have is that Soarin really is a ride in front of a large screen. You see the mechanics and the seats, you see the large screen in front of you. Everything smells like oranges and it's always cool no matter where you are in CA. The score by Jerry Goldsmith is a highlight and ending on Disneyland is even better, if they could find a way to change it up so it's not always Christmas.

Ride: 4 -- if you're not sitting in Bravo section Aisle 1.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Again with the Christmas thing...I swear, if I weren't a MiceChatter, I still wouldn't have noticed that it was shot during the holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                  Again with the Christmas thing...I swear, if I weren't a MiceChatter, I still wouldn't have noticed that it was shot during the holidays!

Somehow I doubt Mr Observant would miss that small detail.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

You're right about the orangey with a hint if pine smell you get throughout.

It's kind of putrid - to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                      Somehow I doubt Mr Observant would miss that small detail.
                                      I'm serious! It just looks to me like Disneyland at night, with too many lights on Main Street and not enough backstage! Even when I'm looking for the holiday decorations, they don't really stand out to me in that shot!

EDIT: And I like the smells, actually. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think I detect differences between the different scenes' scents.

Comment

It's all the same can of Glade, I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                          You're right about the orangey with a hint if pine smell you get throughout.

It's kind of putrid - to be honest.
                                          It's a very nice scent, and you can sometimes get a hint of it when you just enter the theater.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X