Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] A whole day @ DL Whats your secret?

Whats your schedule like when spending a day at disneyland? Ive tried to stay from 8AM-12PM But I always end up back at the hotel taking naps after lunch. Is it possible to spend a whole day without leaving? Or is that to much torture? What do you do? Lets hear about them blisters.

Re: A whole day @ DL Whats your secret?

Since we're from out of state, our trips to DL usually are a minimum of 3 days. We try to get out fill of DL as much as possible, so we're there from 8am-12am and even utilize every MM we can as well. We never leave the parks to go back to the hotel for naps or breaks either. We just take numerous sit down breaks and snack/eat, people watch, etc. On days when the park is empty, we've been known to ride attractions 4-5 times in a day. Can't get enough I guess.

The one time we did leave for a nap, I couldn't sleep feeling that I was missing something and needed to get back to the park. We average 8-10 miles walking a day.

Comment

Youth! When I was younger, I could stay at Disneyland ALL day no problem. I can't even think about it anymore without getting tired.

The best tip is to get to the park early, pick up fast pass for whatever ride gets the longest lines at the park and then ride as many big rides as possible until the crowds show up. When they do, then switch to the smaller rides and shows which don't develop long lines. Continue to pick up new Fast Pass tickets the moment your window opens up.

Take time to sit down for all meals and enjoy longer rides and shows later in the day when you are tired.

Stay away from sugar snacks and drinks as they give you only a short pick-up and then lead to a big sugar crash in your body which makes it more difficult to make it through the day.

And that's the scoop (as well as I can remember) from the Dusty sage.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

I've never been able to do an 8a-12p Dland endurance trial, LOL. The most I ever do is like 10a-12p. But some things I do to prep for a good trip.

- Eat a good dinner (protein and carbs) and get plenty of rest the night before.
        - Wear light clothing to the park.
        - Wear good walking shoes and a change of socks if you like. I <3 my Aisics.
        - Sunscreen, shades, and a hat if it's a sunny/hot day.
        - Big bottle of water... gotta stay hydrated!
        - Eat when you get hungry, take a break on a bench when you need it. Don't overdo the sugar, don't want that crash, you know?
        - Have a general plan of what you wanna do for major attractions and shows, but go with the flow and don't rush it. You're there to have fun, remember?

My fiance and I follow this routine and it's made every trip of ours to the parks very nice. I've been with people who has a strict schedule and rushed and it was awful. Just chill and take it easy.

Comment

We usually get there at 1:00, on the way we go get a good lunch on the run. Once, there, get a fastpass for the popular attractions you want to ride IMMIDIATLLY, they run out quickly.
          Wear sunscreen, a hat, and sun glasses.
          There are plenty of refreshing water booths there for a quick break.
          Stay hydrated, or you will have a bad headache, witch doesn't help with the fun .
          For dinner, we usually head over to Pizza Port and have a nice dinner together as a family.
          Eat healthy snacks, or you wont have that much energy to finish the day.

Hope your trip is enjoyable!!!!
          Dude..

Comment

Wow Zeitzuge, your a soldier, My back hurts just thinking about it

Comment

I lived in SoCal when I was a kid, so our only trips to the park were single day. We'd get there at park opening and stay till we were ushered out at midnight. By the end of the day, my feet were so sore I could barely walk out the gate--but it was totally worth it! I think it must have been adrenaline and youth that allowed us to make through the day. It was like we had to get in as many rides as possible, and I even hated to stop and sit for meals.

Now since we live in Oregon, we stay for several days when we come to DL. Our trips are in the off-season so there are fewer park hours. I'm okay with going back to the hotel room for naps, especially w/ small children. Having the extra days makes it easier to leave for a while and not feel like I'm missing out.

Comment

It most certainly is possible! I'm the kind gal that can be there ALL DAY LONG!!! I love it! Esp when you do both parks you find plenty to do!

Comment

I do a 17 hour trip 4 times a year (yes, that's 8am- 1am Main Street closing...)

I live out here so no hotel room to back to for me, but I do have some tips...

1- Everyone says shoes blah blah blah... Yeah well wear what you like. I like flip flops, although I do advise against crocs cause sweat = blisters
                  2- Food: Eat every so often to keep from getting hungry
                  3- Know the park. As odd as that sounds, know the type of crowd you should be expecting. Is it a weekend family day? Or is more adults who are looking for E ticket rides. It changes depending on day/ time/ time of year/ etc.
                  4. Beware of the Mid-day rush. This is when the parks are most crowded, between about 11am and 4pm. Now, this varies for Fridays, for instance, where the crowd level rises all night. But usually, this is when crowds are the worst
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Since we're close by, we usually don't go to Disneyland so early, but have no problem being there the whole day from 10am or so, when we do arrive. On trips to WDW we do this all the time. We only get to WDW every few years, so we are usually there from when it opens till close 4 or 5 days during the week ... It's all about conditioning.
                    sigpic

Comment

"You are watching FOX"

Comment

"You are watching FOX"

Comment

Once, when Disneyland and I were both younger, there was a 25-hour party for the park's 25th anniversary. I was there with my friends the entire time, although we did take a nap break around 3am, just riding the train several times around the park.

Nowadays I can still put in an entire day although I rarely do. I don't like to go when it's really crowded and I prefer to arrive a bit later in the day. But what I don't do is rush around. I like to just walk around, enjoying the atmosphere and details in the park. Sometimes we head straight for a particular attraction, sometimes we wander first. The relaxed approach works great, it allows you to take things as they come and stop to sit in a quiet corner and have a snack or a drink. We usually end up buying at least one meal in the park and usually bring a snack or two. (nut bars, trail mix, water)

Comment

The last day we were there in August, we went from 9:00am to 12:00am with no breaks... with a 3 year old. He was a total trooper. No whining or fussiness at all. It was simply amazing. I was waiting for the afternoon hotel nap, but he wasn't havin' it. Disneyland all day. Turned out to be our best day there. We slept well that night.

Comment

Thats great for a 3 year old.

Comment

It's funny. Now that I have an AP I don't mind going for a few hours and just riding a ride or 2. When I went to Disney World I was there when it opened and left when it closed. Maybe it's new experience that makes you feel more youthful. I had the same excitement at the gumball rally.

Comment

Since I live only 15 mins away I tend to go around 11 am to noon and leave the park around 10pm...What I do is eat a good and balanced breakfeast before heading out so that way I will be full until later in the evening. I usually start out towards tommorowland and t hen make my way to fantasyland,etc..after a couple of hours I always take a mandatory 1 and half or 2 hour break because that will help me feel energize again.
                                  "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by zeitzeuge View Post
                                    Since we're from out of state, our trips to DL usually are a minimum of 3 days. We try to get out fill of DL as much as possible, so we're there from 8am-12am and even utilize every MM we can as well. We never leave the parks to go back to the hotel for naps or breaks either. We just take numerous sit down breaks and snack/eat, people watch, etc. On days when the park is empty, we've been known to ride attractions 4-5 times in a day. Can't get enough I guess.

The one time we did leave for a nap, I couldn't sleep feeling that I was missing something and needed to get back to the park. We average 8-10 miles walking a day.
                                    This is pretty much how I feel as well. My parents had a strategy when I was a kid of hitting attractions after lunch that were more friendly on the feet as a sort of rest period (Country Bears, America Sings, Captain EO, IASM, Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln, and of course just letting me run loose on TSI while they rested on a bench). I try and use the same strategy now even though some of those old shows aren't around now and it does take the edge off.
                                    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                                    Walt Disney World
                                    Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                                    1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                                    2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

A whole day @ DL What's my secret?

A full bottle of Viccodin and a well hidden flask of Johnny Walker Red

I have to have the use of a scooter, sometimes my own sometimes provided by DL, to get around. I can stand to walk for a short period of time (like in shops or in a short quick moving que)but use the scooter 95% of the time. Even after a full rich day at DL catching a wave on the ECV, i am still tired and sore.

My family and I only go about 1-2 times a year. We usually get there about 5 mins after rope drop on the first couple of days and are all there till maybe an hour before closing. The final day we are there about a half hour before rope drop and my wife, MIL and son stay till closing, usually 1am. Since the next day I have to drive 6 hours home i will depart from the fam around 7pm, spend an hour or less shopping Main street, then head back to the hotel for my own mini-vacation of a hot shower, a TV under my own control, a bed to spread out on, and a bunch of junk food bought on Main Street. Then i slowly fall into a mild sugar/salt coma till i am woken up around 1:15am by my son getting his 6th wind after sleeping through the last hour of DL.

The key to sustaining at DLR is to take it easy and enjoy it! It's like Christmas morning when your a kid. You tear through everything because of the excitement and then begin to crash because before you know it, it's over! Eat when your hungry, rest when your tired, have a small plan of attack but don't be locked into it, and have a good time. That's why you went there, isn't it?
                                      "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

We usually go for 2 days (one day park hopper and the other day just disneyland). Since I don't live near disneyland I try to get as much done as I can before I leave haha. I probably wouldn't be there from opening till closing if I actually lived nearby though but I would still spend a considerable amount of time there I think.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X