X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gino USMC
    replied
    Re: A First Look at The Disney Gallery

Glad they finally brought the Gallery back. I personally like it better when it was above POTC.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Earkid
    replied

I thoroughly enjoyed the Gallery. The touches of the bank that remain are very tasteful. I look forward to seeing how this space develops. Thanks Matt for sharing your pics!

Leave a comment:

• Voice Man Mike
    replied

I was elated and underwhelmed at the same time upon my visit.

Leave a comment:

• purpie
    replied

They are great pictures! Has anyone ever seen a painting of from the view of Main Street looking toward the castle?

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Did anyone who has been there notice if they have the Shag frames back in stock? They are black with bats all around them? REALLY cool with the new HM prints. I may call DelivEARS tomorrow, just in case they aren't still there next week when I get to DL.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

OP you did a nice job as a photographer, thoroughly covered it. But Im unhappy with what Disney did here.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I just wish that they had some ACTUAL valuable DISNEY art in there. While those Shag pieces may have some value, they certainly can't compare to some original pieces for Disneyland.
    Agreed. Yesterday, I walked into the vault. For some reason I was compelled to touch the walls, which are in fact solid concrete. And then I was reminded that this was in fact at one time an actual functioning bank vault.

Then I looked at the artwork displayed in there, and that is when my heart sank. On display was the shag painting of the Haunted Mansion. It is a nice painting. But it is the Haunted Mansion at WDW.

To lend a feeling of authenticity to the bank vault, maybe they should put more valuable paintings relating to DISNEYLAND in there. I'm not necessarily talking about original works of Disney art, but put something in there that relates directly to Disneyland and would therefore have more value than some random painting pointing towards another park. If it was a Shag painting of DL's HM, that would have been better.

But that is easily fixed. Hopefully someone reads this and corrects it.

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Very nice pictures! I still miss it being in its old location, but I look forward to wandering through it the next time I'm there!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

If we were talking about a real old bank building being turned into a dinner club, bar or art gallery out here in the real world, I might think it's quaint.

But you walk into Main Street, turn back the clock, and move it back to 2009 again as soon as you step inside the new gallery.

The theme is destroyed, the time and setting reverts to here and now, and the place loses the charm it conveyed in New Orleans Square.

Leave a comment:

• bfdf55
    replied

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
    Really? I checked this out today in person, and it's really cool with the bank stuff still there and the bank-themed rooms in the back. It really works I think. :yea:

And that vault is so cool to walk into. For 55 years it was behind the counter and you couldn't get near it. Now you can wander right into a 100 year old bank vault to see valuable artwork! How cool is that?!
    I just wish that they had some ACTUAL valuable DISNEY art in there. While those Shag pieces may have some value, they certainly can't compare to some original pieces for Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Nautilus
    replied

Thanks a bunch for the shots!

Can anyone get a close up of the Ward Kimball Train art? I just want to take a look at it--I think my time being the only person to have illustrated the locomotive has finally come to end.

Leave a comment:

• Westsider
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Thanks for taking all these pictures. I wish they had removed the bank themes before installing the exhibit gallery.
    Really? I checked this out today in person, and it's really cool with the bank stuff still there and the bank-themed rooms in the back. It really works I think. :yea:

And that vault is so cool to walk into. For 55 years it was behind the counter and you couldn't get near it. Now you can wander right into a 100 year old bank vault to see valuable artwork! How cool is that?!

Leave a comment:

• JungleCruiseFan
    replied

Very nice. Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Thanks for taking all these pictures. I wish they had removed the bank themes before installing the exhibit gallery.
    I kinda like that they kept one of the bank teller windows

I wish they could have kept the bank, kept AP processing there
    and moved the Gallery to where AP processing is now (Plaza Pavillions ?)

oh, and thanks for taking the pic.
    Won't be there until Nov or Dec
    so nice to see it now

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf75
    replied

Cool pictures! Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• MasterGracey
    replied

Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied

Looking forward to seeing this in person, but Matt this was the next best thing!

Leave a comment:

• The Disneylander
    replied

Thanks! Looks pretty darn good!

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

Best collection of pics!

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Thanks for the pics! I am so, so happy they left some of the bank aspects!!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X