Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Would you be willing to remove DTD?

Random question. xD

What would you be willing to remove DTD for?

I think the WoD store could stay, but removing it for expansions on the currents parks would be awesome!

Btw, this isn't really in terms of realism, just what would you do with DLR if you remove DTD.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Re: Would you be willing to remove DTD?

Sure for expansion of Disneyland.

Comment

Or, add some big-ticket attractions - I'd love to see a Cirque du Soleil theatre added (with a DLR-unique show) - not to mention a completely overhauled and 2010-technology version of DisneyQuest - or for that matter why not an Adventurer's Club?

This doesn't have to be either/or...DL/DCA could use some of the space too.

But the criminal waste is to use this precious stretch of real estate as a shopping mall.

Comment

Yes!!! Add disney quest!!
        Dude..

Comment

I don't want ask that...

Timekeeper.
          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Not a realistic option, but Sure! I wouldn't miss it as a whole, nor can I think of anything I like there except for House of Blues.

Comment

I wouldn't miss it. I wouldn't want it removed just for the sake of removing it, though. The replacement would need to be really worth the cost, effort, and inconvenience involved.

Comment

Lets see, I would just reduce DTD a little bit.

So far, the only ones doing good buisness are:

ESPN Zone
                Rainforest Cafe
                Wretzel Pretzel
                Jamba Juice
                Lego Store
                World of Disney
                AMC Theaters
                Catal
                House of Blues
                Hagden Diaz

I would keep those things along with some of the other stores that do moderate-good buisness.

I would add a stage in between the House of Blues and Tortilla Jo's and move the Suburban Legends there (Doing SL fans a favor by saving $72 bucks ) and can be the place for many local bands to perform.

I would also develop a Disney Classics store in DTD. This store can sell all of Disney's classic cartoon and movies from the 20's-60's, satisfying old-timer fans.

I would attach that to a Disney location that I still have to think of. I'll post again when I have the chance.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                Indy Ride Count: 2211
                World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                  Lets see, I would just reduce DTD a little bit.

So far, the only ones doing good buisness are:

ESPN Zone
                  Rainforest Cafe
                  Wretzel Pretzel
                  Jamba Juice
                  Lego Store
                  World of Disney
                  AMC Theaters
                  Catal
                  House of Blues
                  Hagden Diaz

I would keep those things along with some of the other stores that do moderate-good buisness.

I would add a stage in between the House of Blues and Tortilla Jo's and move the Suburban Legends there (Doing SL fans a favor by saving $72 bucks ) and can be the place for many local bands to perform.

I would also develop a Disney Classics store in DTD. This store can sell all of Disney's classic cartoon and movies from the 20's-60's, satisfying old-timer fans.

I would attach that to a Disney location that I still have to think of. I'll post again when I have the chance.
                  The former Illuminations Store?

Timekeeper.
                  Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                    The former Illuminations Store?

Timekeeper.
                    No, that space is actually pretty small for my plans for a Disney Classics store. It requires a larger space. If I could remove the Compass Bookstore next to AMC, relocate the Alamo Car Rental Office and the Travel office to DLH then the space is big enough.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

If you mean keep GCH and somehow remove DTD, then there is very little space for any kind of DL expansion. There is no way to expand DCA - GCH blocks it. You'd have to reroute the tram to the south and then you'd have space for one Indy-sized show building, but no way to access it from Disneyland. So the whole expansion would be moot.

Comment

Yeah, for a pleasure island type thing. Keep the Disney store and house of blues, add adventuer's club and a few other night c lubs.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                          No, that space is actually pretty small for my plans for a Disney Classics store. It requires a larger space. If I could remove the Compass Bookstore next to AMC, relocate the Alamo Car Rental Office and the Travel office to DLH then the space is big enough.
                          Ok, would it be possable for Compass Bookstore be moved to where the former Illumnations store was?

Timekeeper.

Comment

With the exceptions of House of Blues, World of Disney, and Rainforest Cafe, I don't see a point to DTD with GardenWalk so close.
                            I'd love a Disneyland expansion, or a theater.
                            The daydream princess

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                              Ok, would it be possable for Compass Bookstore be moved to where the former Illumnations store was?

Timekeeper.
                              Yeah, I forgot to mention that. That was part of my plan for it.

I'm still thinking of the plan so it's going to take a while.,

Comment

Bring back the Disneyland Hotel tram, please. Which means DTD would have to be altered; as long as it was quality improvements.
                                Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by skimouse View Post
                                  Or, add some big-ticket attractions - I'd love to see a Cirque du Soleil theatre added (with a DLR-unique show) - not to mention a completely overhauled and 2010-technology version of DisneyQuest - or for that matter why not an Adventurer's Club?

This doesn't have to be either/or...DL/DCA could use some of the space too.

But the criminal waste is to use this precious stretch of real estate as a shopping mall.

I second this motion!!
                                  sigpic
                                  I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasooki View Post
                                    Random question. xD

What would you be willing to remove DTD for?

I think the WoD store could stay, but removing it for expansions on the currents parks would be awesome!

Btw, this isn't really in terms of realism, just what would you do with DLR if you remove DTD.

If the the stores sold items specifically to the land,
                                    then I would say keep WOD (this way if you weren't in the park, or had a half day, you could shop for everything), but WOD sells the same crap as all the stores in Disneyland (DCA also) so there's no point in having 50 million (very exaggerated number) shops
                                    But I say a big yes to getting rid of DTD. I only plus I see to DTD is the night life. Ppl can go down in that area and feel a little safer.
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

I like DTD. My family and I often fly in mid-afternoon, then have the rest of the evening to spend in Anaheim. So, we go to DTD. I suppose I would be okay with an expansion of Disneyland, but I would expect some sort of compensation for the removal of DTD.

Comment

I like DTD, but I would remove it for expansion of Disneyland and or California Adventure. The parks would get HUGE then!
                                        Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X