X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Attraction you hate but just one part of it you love

Attraction you hate but just one part of it you love

The flip-side of the thread started by PerformerInWaiting

Is there something that you like about an attraction that you generally don't like?

For example: I think "The Many Adventures of Winnie-The-Pooh" is a terrible ride, but I like the buzzing beehive at the exit. It's a nice touch, even though the rest is a failure.

Re: Attraction you hate but just one part of it you love

Hmm, alot tougher than the other question because I don't really hate anything at DL, I just dont enjoy some attractions as I do others.

I don't enjoy IASW or HISTA, but I like the end. Does that count?

Comment

>>Attraction you hate but just one part of it you love<<

Oh that's easy -
      Hate Innoventions ... but love it when the "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is played at the beginning.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Comment

I hate coasters and herky-jerky rides like Indy, but I love taking my kids on them just to see the disgusted looks on the faces of people who think that Disneyland, one of the most family oriented parks in existence, is no place for my kids. And I will take my kids EVERY CHANCE I GET!! :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
            Hmm, alot tougher than the other question because I don't really hate anything at DL, I just dont enjoy some attractions as I do others.

I don't enjoy IASW or HISTA, but I like the end. Does that count?
            I feel the same way about Winnie the Pooh's ride. I like the 2d scene towards the end though, I like 2d better than 3d unlike most people.
            Motor Mania!:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
              Mickey's Toontown is stupid and lame, but it gets the kids out of the way

Storybook Land Canal Boats is a snooze, but at least it gets the kids out of the way

Same for Casey Jr. Circus Train

Same for Dumbo

Same for Astro Orbiter

Same for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
              How dare people take kids to Disneyland! What nerve! :unsure:

Comment

How dare people take babies to Disneyland and push them around in strollers all day, while the baby gains nothing from the experience.

Comment

How dare people take babies to Disneyland and push them around in strollers all day, while the baby gains nothing from the experience.
                  Well I imagine Disneyland is quite the visually stimulating experience for a baby.

Comment

I agree. I mean sure, the baby might enjoy it at the time, but a few years later they won't even remember.
                    Edit: Okay, okay. Hm... I honestly can't think of any rides I feel that way about. I either completely love them or completely hate them.
                    Last edited by JungleCruiseFan; 10-03-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

:judge::ot::rules:

Comment

Do babies you see at Disneyland show signs of comprehending, understanding or enjoying the place?

Comment

Alright let's get back to the topic..... I think Story Book Land Canal Boats is weak. It starts off with your boat getting swallowed by a freaking whale (Yikes! Fun!) then you.... look at dollhouses? Ugh. *yawn*:sleep:
                          For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                          http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Cough! Cough! pestimist! What do you like?????

Comment

Are you guys serious about being mad at people who bring babies to Disneyland?

Since kids under 2 are free to get in the park and not everybody has access to on-demand babysitters taking the toddlers along can be the only way that some families can go to Disneyland.

Some of our happiest memories at Disneyland are of the early days where our daughter was 3-9 months old.

As far as rides I don't like with one part I do like, I'm not too fond of IASM anymore but I do like the facade and the clock characters that come out every 15 minutes.
                              Last edited by Darth Mickey; 10-03-2009, 06:59 PM.
                              Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

I hate riding the TeaCups but I love the way they look and the music is exceptional.

Comment

Pixie Hollow suffers from having Tinkerbell and the fairies but at night the colored lights are beautiful
                                  Um...they made Pixie Hollow specifically for Tink and her friends. Without them, it would not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Mickey View Post
                                    Since kids under 2 are free to get in the park and not everybody has access to on-demand babysitters taking the toddlers along can be the only way that some families can go to Disneyland.
                                    Funny, when I was a kid, if my parents couldn't afford/find a sitter, they didn't go out.

Oh, but I forget, responsible parenting is so "out" these days.
                                    Same with "putting your child's needs above your own entertainment" or "not inflicting your poorly behaved children on other people" and being properly embarrassed when, if by some mishap, you did.

On Topic: I really dislike Tom Sawyer's Island, but I love the "treasure chest effect" in the caves.
                                    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

Don't like Star Tours but I like it when you go to lightspeed. I don't really love Tiki Room but I like the way it's decorated and I like song at the end. Finding Nemo kinda bores me but I think the subs are way cool
                                      Janette

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
                                        Funny, when I was a kid, if my parents couldn't afford/find a sitter, they didn't go out.

Oh, but I forget, responsible parenting is so "out" these days.
                                        Same with "putting your child's needs above your own entertainment" or "not inflicting your poorly behaved children on other people" and being properly embarrassed when, if by some mishap, you did.

Wow. I'm guessing you don't have children. Since when is "responsible parenting" defined as leaving your babies/toddlers at home with a sitter while the entire family goes on vacation to a place that was created for families to have fun together?!

And 'putting your child's needs above your own entertainment' can only mean that a baby/toddler's needs are somehow being neglected by their parents taking them to Disneyland? Or maybe Disney-fan adults should wait until their kids are older than 3 to go to DLR?

And 'inflicting' is a rather harsh word for just being around others when your child has a tantrum or accident. Reasonable people do not take joy in the poor behavior of their offspring. It is embarassing and unpleasant.

I know there are a few rotten eggs out there, with their little rotten eggs in tow. But you should not let the behavior of some random jerks ruin your whole opinion of children (and parents) in general.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X