This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] ImagiNations ideas?

I don't know if this is the right category to post this...(admins please feel free to move it if not).

I am planning on entering WDI's ImagiNations design competition this year. Last year, my team put together "Wall-E's Axiom Adventure" which mixed 3D projections with AA's on a omnimover system with some variations.

Unfortunately, it was not chosen as a finalist.

So this year, I thought I would turn to my favorite website and see if anyone had any amazing ideas, suggestions or pointers as to what type of attraction design the Imagineers might be looking for. Any advice would be amazing!

Thanks!

Re: ImagiNations ideas?

Why would we do the hardest part for you? That doesn't seem fair

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
      Why would we do the hardest part for you? That doesn't seem fair
      I'm not asking for a finished design, I'm just asking for pointers from someone who may have made it all the way in the past, who may have some knowledge to share with a newbie such as myself.

Comment

How old do you gave to be to enter? I'm ... youngish (17). I probably can't enter right?

I suggest using Wall-E for TLand, Tinkerbell (they love her), Up, or other Disney Decade movies.

one hundred and one

Comment

How old do you gave to be to enter? I'm ... youngish (17). I probably can't enter right?

I suggest using Wall-E for TLand, Tinkerbell (they love her), Up, or other Disney Decade movies.
          Yeah, it's a couple more years until you can enter. You have to be a junior in a certain college major (the specifics are given here)

Comment

You have to be at least a Junior in college and work in a group of at least two.
            Count on me entering when the time comes!!!

^Art by me!
            Check out my
            Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
            You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
            Visit my
            Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
            Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Thanks for the info!

one hundred and one

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                No problem!
                If you want more information you may want to check out this website.

^Art by me!
                Check out my
                Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                Visit my
                Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Do a design for the addition of loops to all classic darkrides... Theres the winner.

Comment

I will also be entering this contest when I am qualified. Though I won't share my amazing ideas with you here, sorry but I want a fair shot too, I will say this... everything you see in today's theme parks, all the attractions, hotels, designs, etc. DON'T DO IT!! Think of something totally original never before seen in a theme park. I'm not talking about a Disney character that doesn't have an attraction yet, I mean the ride concept, layout, design, experience, etc. Another thing, make sure your idea has a story!! Sure a Wall-E attraction would fit Tomorrowland's theme perfectly, but what unique story are you going to bring along with Wall-E to Tomorrowland? Don't just think about the story either, but how will you deliver it...
                    Think about the attraction, the queue, the experience, the music, the lighting, the handrails, the trash cans, the CM's attire... everything you can possible think of. The more detailed you get, the better off you'll be. Good luck and I hope you make it!!

Comment

Originally posted by villagecreator View Post
                      So this year, I thought I would turn to my favorite website and see if anyone had any amazing ideas, suggestions or pointers as to what type of attraction design the Imagineers might be looking for. Any advice would be amazing!

Thanks!
                      Cheating are we?

Comment

I'd suggest NOT using any of the film themes as a concept. I would think that being able to come up with an original viable concept would get you further in the long run. As you can see from many of the recent Imagineering attractions, they seem to have no problem tacking a movie theme onto an off the shelf ride. And even most of those haven't had the ability to even match the relatively simple level of the original Fantasyland dark rides, let alone E-Tickets like Pirates and Indy.

Hopefully, that kind of thinking will change in the future. Maybe it could be you that can help change it.

Comment

Originally posted by villagecreator View Post
                          Yeah, it's a couple more years until you can enter. You have to be a junior in a certain college major (the specifics are given here)
                          I don't know if you would actually be limited if you weren't majoring in the listed fields. Imagineering is made up of those in dozens of fields, and many critical jobs could be outside of those listed. If, out of a team of four, the input of someone form another discipline actually made a significant contribution, it would seem to me that the actual major would be of secondary importance.

Comment

Has anything ever been used that has won the competition?

one hundred and one

Comment

^One day they might be used. Even ideas that don't win are now property of Disney!

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                                Do a design for the addition of loops to all classic darkrides... Theres the winner.
                                By that do you mean connect all the dark rides in Fantasyland together into one big loop? You'd just have to modify Peter Pan's Flight.

Comment

Your imagination. You're supposed to use it.
                                  :-)

Comment

if you're going to collect ideas, let them come from the group you are entering with. keep it a secret to yourselves. i wouldn't ask around, and like a few have already said, keep it original. i'm sure they get many Wall.E entries, many film tie-ins, do something that you strongly believe they haven't seen before.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X