• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DisneyGoof
    MiceChatter
    • Apr 2009

[Review] Thumbs DOWN on Mickey's Trick or Treat party

This was our 4th year attending the event, and it will be our last. When they keep raising the ticket prices, you'd think you would be getting more (or at least the same)...but it's just the opposite. Less candy, more people, HORRIBLE parking plan. It was the parking that was the final straw. If anyone is going soon DO NOT park in the off site parking lots. It took us almost an hour just to get into the Buzz lot, (they only had one parking booth open on a Friday night!) then another 30 minutes to get picked up by the shuttle. POOR planning. It just wasn't fun, I hope I'm an exception and most people enjoyed it, but that's it for us. No more scratching our heads thinking "I paid for this???"
    Well Gawrsh!
  • Alice in Wonderland
    Sock Puppet
    • Feb 2009

Re: Thumbs DOWN on Mickey's Trick or Treat party

Yes! I was there last night and I agree. It was all pretty fun, all though lines were SO long. But the parking was very poorly planned. We parked in the Pongo/buzz parking lot and it took us an hour to get there, and back. It was my first time attending to. But i'll try going again!

Comment

• WheresMickey
      Looking for Hidden Mickey
      • May 2008

How was the event other than the parking? Was it worst cause of all the walls up everywhere?
      Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

• DisneyGoof
        MiceChatter
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by WheresMickey View Post
        How was the event other than the parking? Was it worst cause of all the walls up everywhere?
        The walls weren't too bad because of the CM's directing traffic 'one way only' through the skinny funnel...at least that was planned properly! The dance stages and music was good. Other than that, it just seems more crowded than last year, long lines! And I didn't see many roaming characters to take pictures with...they were all at specific "photo op" places with lines.
        Well Gawrsh!

Comment

• techskip
          I Break Things
          • Jun 2007

I'm sorry it was a bad time. My wife and I had considered it in years past but the price always turned us off.
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• littlecricket
            Cherry Tart
            • Mar 2007

I was upset that they didn't have the Redwood Creek trick-or-treat trail open this year. That was always my favorite. The lines were short, there was lots of candy, and it was fun just walking through the atmopshere.

But I agree, overall there were fewer candy stops, which meant longer lines, it felt like it was more crowded, and also because of the construction walls the parade route was cut in half. They also had fewer characters out, I remember last year they had more princesses and more villains. But again because of construction, several photo locations were no longer available.

It would have been much nicer if they had moved the party into Disneyland this year because DCA was simply not working. But I know they would never consider that since apparently all the Halloween attractions (Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Fireworks) are just too popular to close the park early for a special event like Treat. Sigh.

We got some great photos in our costumes, though.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

• DisneyGoof
              MiceChatter
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              I'm sorry it was a bad time. My wife and I had considered it in years past but the price always turned us off.
              Hey, live and learn...We're still a loyal Disney Family, heck, we're headed down again on Monday the 5th to spend the day looking at decorations and looking for villians to take pictures with. I'm also on the lookout for a certain "carmel apple cupcake" that's calling my name!
              Well Gawrsh!

Comment

• stitchon
                Banned User
                • Sep 2006

The last time I considered the Trick-or-Treat party a good time was the very first year. No crowds, lots of candy, and cheaper to boot.

Although I'm sure that once Carsland and Mermaid open the crowds will be sufficiently soaked up, the main reason the Halloween Party at Walt Disney World works is because even on sold out days it never seems packed. My main complaint with the party at California Adventure is that it's just too packed for me to enjoy it.

Comment

• Imagineer Scott
                  Pongo is my hero.
                  • Sep 2009

Sounds horrible. I'm sorry

one hundred and one

Comment

• Explicit
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2009

The first time doing it was fine, but to continue to do it after? Really, you could go to Target or Wal-Mart and pay less for more candy if that's what you really wanted.
                    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

• vfire
                      The line's too long...
                      • Nov 2007

Is DCA still sparsely decorated for Halloween? It seems DL gets most of the decorating love for the holiday, which is odd considering Trick or Treat is at DCA.

Comment

• santadog
                        MiceChatter
                        • Oct 2009

I am disappointed to hear this! I am taking my 4 year old daughter there for Halloween.
                        At least we're staying at a hotel, so the parking won't be an issue for us.

Which characters were out and about? I was hoping some of the Pixar ones as well as the princesses.

Comment

• LittlePrincess1230
                          Happiest Girl On Earth
                          • Dec 2006

Just as a side note, last night's party was sold out, which is why it seemed busier than it has in the past....

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
                          Flying through the stars just like
                          Peter Pan
                          I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
                          Disneyland...
                          -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Comment

• beckix.o.x
                            aliceindisneyland
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                            I was upset that they didn't have the Redwood Creek trick-or-treat trail open this year. That was always my favorite. The lines were short, there was lots of candy, and it was fun just walking through the atmopshere.

But I agree, overall there were fewer candy stops, which meant longer lines, it felt like it was more crowded, and also because of the construction walls the parade route was cut in half. They also had fewer characters out, I remember last year they had more princesses and more villains. But again because of construction, several photo locations were no longer available.

It would have been much nicer if they had moved the party into Disneyland this year because DCA was simply not working. But I know they would never consider that since apparently all the Halloween attractions (Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Fireworks) are just too popular to close the park early for a special event like Treat. Sigh.

We got some great photos in our costumes, though.

if you don't mind me asking i'd love to see photo's of all the people in costumes!!

okay, back to the thread, i'm sorry the parking was too long i still hope you had a good time.
                            sigpic

Comment

• SpaceDad
                              Space Mountain Junky
                              • May 2009

We were there last night also. This was the first year we actually went. I agree that there really should have been some more unique things to do that can't be done on a regular visit to the park. We filled up some of our time on the regular attractions. Except for TSMM there were almost no lines for the rides, but that really wasn't what we came for. The parade was fun for the kids though because they stopped and let the kids come on the street to dance with the characters. I was neat to see Woody and Jesse dancing with two kids dressed as Woody and Jesse. Fun enough but not worth the cost and hassle of getting in. Won't go back again until I see good reviews for future years.

Comment

• SpaceDad
                                Space Mountain Junky
                                • May 2009

Hey lets make this a fun thread and describe (our post pictures of) the best costumes you saw. My favorite was the couple dressed as two of the pictures from the Haunted Mansion stretching room. The girl was the lady with the parasol and the guy was wearing the suit top with the red/white striped boxer.

Comment

• disney lady
                                  Not So New Member
                                  • May 2006

Well now I am glad we decided to sit out this year. Been 3 other times and had lots of fun. Anyways what character did they have out?
                                  disney lady

Comment

• MonstersGoBoo!
                                    You didn't see anything!
                                    • Jun 2008

Knowing that the Brother Bear Challenge Trail isn't doing the candy stops this year is kind of turning me off to going. I love going through there at nighttime last year (which is something that you rarely get to do), and it was really neat.

Plus, the parking situation does not seem fun either.

Comment

• Aidee
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Sep 2009

Yes lets see photos!! Yea i was going to go, glad I didn't!

Comment

• santadog
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SpaceDad View Post
                                        Hey lets make this a fun thread and describe (our post pictures of) the best costumes you saw. My favorite was the couple dressed as two of the pictures from the Haunted Mansion stretching room. The girl was the lady with the parasol and the guy was wearing the suit top with the red/white striped boxer.

I agree with SD - I am sorry to hear that the opening night had so many problems, but I am primarily going for my daughter - so as long as she has fun, I'll be happy.

Which characters were at the photo ops?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X