Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Move Mickey's Trick or Treat Party?

Do You think it would make sense if we Moved Mickeys Trick or Treat Party from DCA to disneyland? Just move the candy carts and move the Mickeys trick or Treat Calvacade to Disneyland we'll have almost have an equal Halloween event to compare to MNSSHP in WDW. We'd have a calvacade, Fireworks, meet n greets, candy stations, lots of characters and two Holiday overlays.

Whats better moving it to Disneyland or keeping it at DCA?
    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 10-03-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: Move Mickey's Trick or Treat Party?

Yeah, I agree. I have NO idea what they were thinking putting it in DCA (Attendence boost?)

Comment

No.

To condense my argument, you simply cannot close Disneyland early twice a week during a VERY busy time of year and expect California Adventure to pick up the slack. That just won't happen. Not to mention making the fireworks exclusive to the party would be a BIG mistake... you wouldn't make Fantasmic! exclusive to a hard-ticket event, would you?

And I'm sure you're asking "What about Magic Kingdom?! They have exclusive fireworks shows at their parties!"

Well, look at Walt Disney World, and then look at Disneyland. On a given night in Walt Disney World, four nighttime productions are shown; Spectromagic, Wishes, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, and Fantasmic!. Magic Kingdom can cut their shows down because there's still something major going on at other parks that can pick up the slack. Not to mention how spread out the resort is to the point where some people who go to the Magic Kingdom that day may just go back to the hotel/Downtown Disney afterwards.

On the other hand, Disneyland on a given night runs three productions; the Fireworks Show (whether it be Magical, Remember, Halloween Screams, or Believe), Fantasmic!, and the Electrical Parade during the high seasons. Next year they'll be joined by World of Color. If you close Disneyland, you cut Fantasmic and the fireworks out of the picture, and since it is halloween-time, Electrical Parade won't be running... so you're left with World of Color. Does it look cool? Yes. Will it pick up the slack for both Fantasmic! and the fireworks? I doubt it. Not to mention California Adventure would be an absolute nightmare with the crowds already at the park mixing with the crowds that have been kicked out of Disneyland.

I think that with time, California Adventure will be able to pick up Disneyland's slack.. but not right now, and probably not until phase two of California Adventure's redo is finished. I'm sure that once Carsland, Mermaid, Buena Vista Street, and World of Color open, the crowds at the party will be spread out to an enjoyable level, they'll finally have a nighttime spectacular to soak up crowds as well, and they'll have a good-sized attraction roster to keep the people happy... but moving the party to Disneyland will only complicate the issues already surrounding the event.

Comment

Not even with the Radiator Springs addition to DCA, would DCA be able to replace DL during the trick or treat party. But one thing the entire DL resort needs to add is a full Halloween parade - that itty bitty thing they have at DCA during the party just isnt near the quality or quantity that it should be.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
          Not even with the Radiator Springs addition to DCA, would DCA be able to replace DL during the trick or treat party. But one thing the entire DL resort needs to add is a full Halloween parade - that itty bitty thing they have at DCA during the party just isnt near the quality or quantity that it should be.
          Your Soo right! We need a parade equivelent or better then the boo to you parade!

Comment

They used to do it in Disneyland, pre-DCA, and way before they did all the extra Halloween stuff. I'm sure it's just more cost-effective to do a smaller party in DCA and let Disneyland stay open to keep making money on those nights. You wouldn't get nearly as many people staying in DCA if the DL side was closed, and DCA stayed open later to accommodate the non-trick or treaters.
            A signature should go here.

Comment

keep it in DCA but definitely need to upgrade it. getting random candies and character meet and greets are not enough. i def want a halloween parade!

aaand DCA is really lacking with the halloween decorations this year...no candy corn california letters in front, no ToT decorations.....basically nothing besides candy corn acres. just because there is construction going on doesn't mean it's okay to forget about the rest of the park!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

I think it'd be more fun in DL. Right now, the rides are open, but it makes no sense because the only ride that can pass as a Halloween ride is TOT, which doesnt even get an overlay, let alone decorations every year. It'd be fun at Disneyland just because of the better atmosphere, and it'd be cool to go on HMH and all the other halloween stuff.

And I agree, I hate that 'parade' that they have. I want a real parade. It's a little too interactive and not entertaining, and not great for the whole family. Block Party Bash and Halloween Screams prove they are capable of doing interactive entertainment options where, but we get something equivelant to Celebrate! during the halloween party

Comment

what is block party bash??
                  sigpic

Comment

I also think keep the party in DCA. They just really need to add more to it. People will quit going if they keep raising prices and never add anything new. At least next year they will have World of Color to help the event, that is if they even use it! Although it would not be smart to not have the show. But this is Disney.. It's just sad how they thing adding a few tall balloon ghost and pumpkin Mickey's around the park and having projections on buildings is all that's needed for "special" decorations in the park for the party. They just don't want to invest any more money into it right now. Maybe after most of the construction is done they will.

Comment

Originally posted by beckix.o.x View Post
                      what is block party bash??
                      It was a parade they had at DCA before the current one. It was really interactive, but executed way better than Celebrate

Comment

I can just imagine the howls of protests and anger (and rightfully so) from thousands upon thousand of visitors from out of town and around the world who would arrive and learn that that were being booted out of Disneyland early, and then charged an additional entry fee for weeks at a time during the Halloween season. A very bad idea...
                        First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                        First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                        BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

I personally would love to see the Halloween event moved to DLR. I guess its just the costume enthusiast in me, but there are so many photo opportunities over in DL that you just can't get in DCA. And I for one would love to be able to take pictures in costume over there.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                            It was a parade they had at DCA before the current one. It was really interactive, but executed way better than Celebrate

thankyou

does anyone know where the MNSSHP is?
                            is it magic kingdom-like disneland?
                            just wanting to make sure..

sorry :ot:
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea, as a former Knott's supervisor I can assure you that people will not be happy one bit to hear that the park has to close early for a seperate event that requires a seperate admission price AND is sold out already for that evening. Especially the ones that are visiting from out of town.

Comment

the solution is not to move it to Disneyland but to extend the offerings for the party at DCA. Once WOC is up and running they need to consider using the fountains to add some kind of halloween entertainment during the special event. They also need to go back and rethink the idea of bringing back some of the halloween decor to the TOT area. A parade is one thing that really needs to be considered. the decision would be wether to add it to Disneyland where everyone can see it for free or add it to DCA as part of the ticketed event.

they are setting themselves up for failure though with Disneyland offering more halloween stuff for free while having a special ticketed event at DCA with little offering above and beyond the meet and greets and free candy.

Comment

i think it would be nice for them to set it for free at disneyland so even if people aren't going to the halloween trick or treat party they're still getting a nice halloween treat
                                  and maybe they cold also use it at DCA but there would be the problem of floats, or just update the one they've got.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X