This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

Here's some ideas for future events at Disneyland for Halloween Season I was thinking about this afternoon.
    Disneyland -
    -Keep Halloween Screams, add different villains to change it up every once in awhile.
    - add MANY meet and greets with Disney Villains (Capt Hook, Cruella DeVil, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, Frollo, etc)
    - Keep bringing back Ghost Galaxy, add new ghost each year, in order to keep the story alive with the search for the space ghosts.
    - Add a Matterhorn overlay next year to test it out. There's gotta be a halloween/ Hallow's Eve story from Switzerland. Add Orange lighting, lightning effect on the inside, and proper themeing to the story.

California Adventure -
    - make the after hours party bigger, with more events, to the status of WDW's party.
    - Halloween parade to the style and grandeur of TDL's halloween parade.
    - World of Color won't be showing as a normal show, but used during the after hours party, as a halloween water show, with the villains.
    - Add better theming to Candy Corn Acres, and make it a legitimate event.
    - Add severe themeing to Tower of Terror.
    - Add proper era halloween theming to Paradise Pier, and change Toy Story Midway Mania
    What do you think?

Re: Ideas for HalloweenTime in the future

I'd like to see an overlay to Big thunder mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
      Here's some ideas for future events at
      I believe this will be the last year for Candy Corn Acres, as Sunshine Plaza Buena Vista Street will be under construction next year.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
        I believe this will be the last year for Candy Corn Acres, as Sunshine Plaza Buena Vista Street will be under construction next year.
        This is true. I'd like to see a halloween event on BVS, that's legit, not this whole Candy Corn thing. I think Candy Corn Acres just needs to be a overlay for Bugs Land at the least.

Comment

Singing busts from Haunted Mansion graveyard as a roving live singing group - lit by portable blacklights.

Parade of Screams.

Mild haunted overlay to Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through for kids.

Pixie Hallow - photo spot for guests. Eerie lighting and effects, set up for guest photos.

Trick-or-treat along Main Street - shops give out Disney-themed candy

Dark tunnels on Disneyland Railroad themed for Halloween, and scary, but unannounced.

Instead of Tinkerbell, witch on broom flies from Matterhorn - also unannounced.

Pumpkin Carving Contest - (pumpkins must be pre-carved and ready to display) - judged by Imagineers - top 5 winners receive free annual pass

Splash Mountain totally in the dark. Eerie music and sounds of screams only.

Spooky stories told at Tiki Room, Golden Horseshoe, Fantasyland Theater.

Extensive haunted maze in DCA, with live actors.

Dia de los Muertos, Day of the Dead festival November 2.
          Last edited by Bob Weaver; 10-04-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Well I think this year with the villians is a let down. I'm not very happy with the select of Charcters they have out this year. Now I got nothing wrong with Hook,Cruella,The Queen,Jafar,Queen of Hearts or the Witch. But the last couble of years they had alot of rare characters out for Halloween like. Don Karnage,Blower Hat Guy,Hades and Big Bad Wolf but this year is blah. I was hoping this year I would of seen Mr. Smee,Prince John,Lady Termine and Step-Sisters, and even though there not really villians but the Gargolers from Hunchback to be out.

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
              Here's some ideas for future events at Disneyland for Halloween Season I was thinking about this afternoon.
              Disneyland -
              -Keep Halloween Screams, add different villains to change it up every once in awhile.
              - add MANY meet and greets with Disney Villains (Capt Hook, Cruella DeVil, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, Frollo, etc)
              - Keep bringing back Ghost Galaxy, add new ghost each year, in order to keep the story alive with the search for the space ghosts.
              - Add a Matterhorn overlay next year to test it out. There's gotta be a halloween/ Hallow's Eve story from Switzerland. Add Orange lighting, lightning effect on the inside, and proper themeing to the story.

California Adventure -
              - make the after hours party bigger, with more events, to the status of WDW's party.
              - Halloween parade to the style and grandeur of TDL's halloween parade.
              - World of Color won't be showing as a normal show, but used during the after hours party, as a halloween water show, with the villains.
              - Add severe themeing to Tower of Terror.
              - Add proper era halloween theming to Paradise Pier, and change Toy Story Midway Mania
              What do you think?
              Hmmmmm, How about: The Dangers Of Chocolate?? (Based on an abandoned concept from DL's History of Blue Sky projects.)

I think some of the other chatters will gladly inform you you about the story.(If not, I will.)

Timekeeper.
              sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
              Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Absolutely no to adding a Matterhorn overlay. That is called over kill.

The party in DCA should not even exists.

The parade needs to come to DL and change every year.

In 2012, DCA needs to start a very elegant Halloween celebration like Tokyo DisneySea's Masquerade theme.

World of Color does need a Halloween show eventually but not in 2010.

Tower of Terror does not need Halloween theming, it is already Halloween-esque.

Comment

Big Thunder needs an overlay (but really night time will be the only time most of the effects will be on)

Use HD projectors on Space Mountain and add a few new scares to the ride and the wait area.

Overlay Bugs land (as said by other people)

Have Midway add a few scares into he ride.

I would LOVE to have Screaming have an overlay (the story is your at a abandoned amusement park and the coaster is out of control)

and yes it would be nice to see more done with ToT
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

DL needs Haunted Mazes. Starcade, Big Thunder Ranch, and the Fantasyland Theatre are all ideal locations for some really scary haunted mazes.

Comment

How about not putting in all the Halloween stuff in September? That would be a HUGE improvement. The first couple of weeks in October used to be an enjoyable time in the park before the holidays begin. Not anymore - the pumpkins go up in the 102 degree days of September.

I think Disney is pushing the envelope a bit too hard, and in the process is becoming another Knotts clone rather than holding it's integrity.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...n-coaster.html
                        ^just posted a (long) post about a idea of Screamin during Halloween.
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Here's what I think would be a good idea, not just for Halloween, but for all seasonal events: they should build one ride of some type that is constantly changed in its theme. For example, it could be a haunted house theme in October, a Christmas theme in December, or some other things.

Comment

I wish Disney would expand halloween decor to othere lands.. i.e. parts of Fantasyland! Disney should also promote Mr Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventure!! Those rides are quite intense alone.

Comment

BTMRR for sure. It would actually be fairly simple. Just add sound effects and skeletons and some lighting projections and you are done.

Comment

Well I have some ideas:

1. BTMR would get some lights and some very minor decor. It would be nothing that would take away from the experience.

2. Black thorns would start to grow around the castle, just like in the movie. Maybe in the mid-morning, Malificent would come out and enchant the castle and the thorns would start to grow around and onto it.

3. Have a masquerade theme (a la DisneySea) to Fantasyland. Also the villians meet and greet would be moved to the right side of the castle by the exit to the Walk-Through. The store there could be made a temproy Villian store like it once was.

4. The Haunted Mansion Holiday would be installed for CHRISTMAS ONLY!!! I really do love the Haunted Manison Holiday, but I think that Haunted Mansion should be at the original version for Halloween. Also some eerie lighting for the outside and light fog. Some walk around characters could be made to the ghosts of the Manison and they would walk around NOS

5. Speaking of fog, someone had a thread about light fog around the park. I think some fog by the Mansion, Castle, Rivers of America, and Matterhorn would be great. Maybe some dark green and blue lights plus fog on the track would make it really cool for Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

3. Have a masquerade theme (a la DisneySea) to Fantasyland. Also the villians meet and greet would be moved to the right side of the castle by the exit to the Walk-Through. The store there could be made a temproy Villian store like it once was.
                                  The Masquerade should totally be in DCA. It is broad enough to handle a whole park. Have Buena Vista Street and Hollywood be the main masquerade theming, Paradise Pier holding a pumpkin festival, Mysterious Masquerade show next to Tower of Terror.... oh the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                    The Masquerade should totally be in DCA. It is broad enough to handle a whole park. Have Buena Vista Street and Hollywood be the main masquerade theming, Paradise Pier holding a pumpkin festival, Mysterious Masquerade show next to Tower of Terror.... oh the possibilities.
                                    I love the idea of the Masquerade theme for the DCA. However, during the construction over the next few years I don't think that were are going to see much in the way of overlays..... After all there is only so much you can do with a blue wall.
                                    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I like the idea of Big Thunder getting a minor overlay. Could be fun and decently inexpensive. It also would help bring some attention to that part of the park.

No mazes. Mazes are tooo....tooo.....toooo uhhhh expected. I don't think Disney is going for the normal and expected route of halloween at an amusement park. I think they want it to be a little something special and celebrated.

I love the idea of thorns going up up around the castle but I am realistic that they would not be able to grow. So maybe they could just be decoration coming out of the moat and have fog. I think that could be fun.

Comment

like to see Disney Villains passing out candy to the kids around the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X