Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary Blair's Tomorrowland Mosaic Tiles...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Mary Blair's Tomorrowland Mosaic Tiles...

Here's a couple of YouTube videos, one from [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_kZXG2qs4&feature=related"]1967 [/ame]and another from [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXmHJLifufo&feature=player_embedded"]1986[/ame] regarding Mary Blair's Tomorrowland mosaic tiles. This might be of interest to folks who are fans her art and the preservation of said art.
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Mary Blair's Tomorrowland Mosaic Tiles...

Well I guess that answers the question of whether the tiles are still behind the facades. If they did that now, they'd have tarps covering it from our eyes (and cameras).
    I want you to know, nobody cares more about your stupid problems than I do!

Comment

One is gone. One is mostly there. But, at least as of three years ago, one was still mostly there. In very bad shape, but there. I believe that the removed mosiac tiles were crushed/broken into coin-sized pieces and reused (as an homage) in a new mural in Disneyland Paris.

Comment

I miss those murals. By far my favorite incarnation of Tomorrowland.

Don't they have a Mary Blair mural somewhere at UCLA? Someone from this site had an update from a location where Blair artwork was still intact. I have been there for two years and have never bothered to ask, assuming that no one on campus really knew.
        "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
          I miss those murals. By far my favorite incarnation of Tomorrowland.

Don't they have a Mary Blair mural somewhere at UCLA? Someone from this site had an update from a location where Blair artwork was still intact. I have been there for two years and have never bothered to ask, assuming that no one on campus really knew.
          Its in the Jules Stein Eye Institute waiting room.

The Blackwing Diaries: a Mary Blair surprise

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X