This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Ed Grier is Retiring!

Just found out that Ed Grier is retiring from the Disney Company. I will give more info as soon as I hear!
    Admin Note: This news has been confirmed by Al Lutz as well:
    Editor's Note 10/5: Ed Grier, Disneyland Resort President, resigned today with the obligatory e-mail mentioning "growth and change in my own family." Almost like clockwork, the average 3 year term of the past 4 Disneyland presidents expired for Ed this month, 3 years after he arrived. Mostly unseen/unheard for the majority of Anaheim Cast Members, this news isn't providing as much sorrow as when Matt Ouimet left in '06. A replacement is yet to be announced.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM. Reason: Al Lutz Editor's Note Added

Re: Ed Grier is Retiring!

This could be good or bad (if it's true). Sure he's no Matt Ouimet but he's not a Pressler either.

At this point he's the "devil you know".

Comment

Always nice to post a source...

Comment

well seeing as everything she has told us in the past has been correct.. im going to believe her.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

I can post the email that was sent to the Cast Members about an hour ago....

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
            well seeing as everything she has told us in the past has been correct.. im going to believe her.
            Thanks! I only give info when I know it...

Comment

Interesting, very interesting.

Anyone want to venture a guess on his replacement?
              MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
              (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Big development. Not a big surprise.

Comment

Confirmed by Al Lutz... MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

Comment

Various Disney web sources corroborate her story that an email was sent to cast members, but so far story not picked up by media or verified.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                      Always nice to post a source...
                      Come on... be gentle. The OP has already established her relationship to the company many times over. I think we all know where she's posting her news from
                      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Who's this? I'm bad with names and I figure I'd get better info here than wiki'ing him.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                          Who's this? I'm bad with names and I figure I'd get better info here than wiki'ing him.
                          Disneyland President

Comment

Rasulo must have decided that he wanted a new puppet. Nothing's gonna change until he's shown the door.
                            I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Here's a copy/paste of his letter to the cast regarding his resignation. Enjoy.

"Dear Fellow Cast Members,

Here at the Disneyland Resort, I have had the pleasure of leading a talented and dedicated Cast. I have been humbled and honored during the past three years as I’ve watched your hard work create smiles and laughter, and delight our Guests. The power of Disney magic never ceases to amaze me, and your passion will always be a source of inspiration.

My decision to retire from the Walt Disney Company was not an easy decision; Disney has been my home for nearly three decades. As with any family, I’ve watched it grow and evolve. The past year also has been a time for growth and change in my own family.

One defining moment came when my wife and I moved our youngest son into his dorm at Stanford this fall. It was an opportunity to reflect on the past, and consider the next chapter of our own lives. I have had a long and rewarding career with the Walt Disney Company, and am excited to explore what’s next.

Disney has taken my family on an extraordinary ride around the world - from Orlando to Paris, Tokyo and Anaheim - and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

While I look forward to the opportunities ahead, I will greatly miss the many friends and Cast Members I have met along the way. Thank you for the enthusiasm, energy and encouragement you have always provided. It has been my pleasure and privilege to be part of your team."
                              "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
                              Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
                              "
                              -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

Jay needs to go.

As much as I love this new promotion.
                                WDW Vacationer-Vacationing November 21-22,2009!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

Comment

time to submit my resume to disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
                                    Interesting, very interesting.

Anyone want to venture a guess on his replacement?
                                    Hopefully not another hide-n-go-seek President.

Originally posted by dmomof4 View Post
                                    EX-Disneyland President
                                    I fixed that for you.
                                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Wow.. I don't know how I feel about this. I guess that in a few weeks we will find out who his replacement is. I for one nominate Maynard.. he's a really intelligent guy when he's not onstage and atleast he wouldn't mind going for a stroll in the park every now and then.

Comment

Like I said before, they could make X Atencio the President of Disneyland and it wouldn't make one difference until Rasulo gets the boot. Give Matt Ouimet Jay's job and let him pick one of his old lieutenants to replace Ed.
                                        I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X