This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Winds and HallowScreams

How likely is the chance of Halloween Screams being cancelled due to high winds? Also, how high in mph do these winds have to be for it to be cancelled?
    Last edited by GhostHost2; 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM.

Re: Winds and HallowScreams

Fall is always a windy season by default. I'm not sure what the exact number is but an easy way to tell if the fireworks might be cancelled is if you go on the non-swinging gondolas at Mickey's FunWheel in DCA. When you get to the top if you feel some strong gusts of wind swirling through the cabin then chances are that they might cancel them. Also if the tops of the tallest trees in the hub are swaying back and forth pretty forcibly then that is a good indicator that the winds are stronger at the higher elevation. Depending on the types of pyro effects that they use for this show I would say that it is moderately likely that 1/4 of the shows may get cancelled, especially later in the month as the season begins to set in more. "Remember" used to get cancelled alot because of some of the fireworks that they used.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
      How likely is the chance of HallowScreams being cancelled due to high winds? Also, how high in mph do these winds have to be for it to be cancelled?
      It's a 50/50 that it might get cancelled.(See Above.)

Timekeeper.
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Oh I'm going to be nitpicky... the fireworks show is called Halloween Screams, not HallowScreams.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          Oh I'm going to be nitpicky... the fireworks show is called Halloween Screams, not HallowScreams.
          Sorry, I wish I could edit the topic title.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

OP: I think the later it gets into October, the more regularly windy it gets. I've been fortunate enough to see the show twice since it's debuted, but both times we were given a "Due to winds at higher elevations..." warning.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post

OP: I think the later it gets into October, the more regularly windy it gets. I've been fortunate enough to see the show twice since it's debuted, but both times we were given a "Due to winds at higher elevations..." warning.
              What's up with that anyway?? Did the fire prevention policies get even tighter since "Remember"? Almost everytime that I saw Remember the warning speil sounded too. However when I used to work at the park I can't ever recall a time when "Wishes" was cancelled for high winds, even in the windy seasons.

Comment

people on here always used to have to repeat themselves about the winds, until I finally "got it". It's not just wind speed, but what direction the wind is blowing. Last night it felt pretty windy, maybe enough for them to delay the show a few mins. They released a weather balloon to test it, and saw that the wind was blowing away from the castle, in this case, good direction and the show went on without any problems.

Comment

plus i kinda like when they have the reminders that "the show may be cancelled due to high altitude winds"

you get more of the crowd anticipating the final announcement.. and when you finally hear the "Ladies and Gentlemen, in just a few minutes the lights of Main Street will be dimmed.. etc." (not an accurate quote of course). the crowd goes wild
                  -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                    plus i kinda like when they have the reminders that "the show may be cancelled due to high altitude winds"

you get more of the crowd anticipating the final announcement.. and when you finally hear the "Ladies and Gentlemen, in just a few minutes the lights of Main Street will be dimmed.. etc." (not an accurate quote of course). the crowd goes wild
                    .. or they give the "For your safety and the safety of others, Disneyland's Halloween spectacular Halloween Screams has been cancelled, we apologize blah blah blah" speil and everyone boos and jeers.

Comment

It was almost cancelled Saturday, there were two warnings, but then it ended up being okay. =) Everyone cheered!

Comment

bump

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X