Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So, who do we get next for President?

Anyone know any great candidates that may be the next President over the parks?

Let the guessing begin!

Re: So, who do we get next for President?

Paul Pressler

or phil holmes

Comment

Ross named chief of Walt Disney Studios

Disney Channel, under Rich Ross' lead, has been a hothouse for talent and ideas that could be packaged and franchised. Now Ross turns his attention to the flagging movie studio.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
        Ross named chief of Walt Disney Studios

Disney Channel, under Rich Ross' lead, has been a hothouse for talent and ideas that could be packaged and franchised. Now Ross turns his attention to the flagging movie studio.
        :blink:

Hey CA you do realize we're talking about two different things here right? Rich Ross is taking over the reins of the Disney Studio after Dick Cook resigned. This thread is talking about who will replace Ed Grier who today resigned has president of the Disneyland Resort.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I say Matt Ouimet. Of course, this would mean that Jay Rasulo would have to be kicked out.

Something else I am in favor of. )

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
            Paul Pressler

or phil holmes
            Pressler? I would die if he came back.

Comment

Matt Ouimet is definitely not coming back as President of DLR. He moved up to higher positions in other companies. If he came back it would be to replace Rasulo. I'm guessing either the current Vice President (unlikely) or, following Ed Grier's arc, a rising star at one of the other parks (more likely) who will owe their success, and therefore complete loyalty, to Rasulo.
              I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

Whoever the new Disneyland president is, the message that Iger is sending with the promotion of Rich Ross won't be lost on him -- or on Jay.

Ross has proved himself adept at turning entertainment into brands -- high profile examples include "Hannah Montana," which launched pop star Miley Cyrus' career, and "High School Musical,' which was created for television but quickly found life — and revenue — in recorded music, a big-screen blockbuster and a stage show.

Indeed, at a company that stresses team playing among its executives, Ross may be the ultimate team player.

...High on Ross’ list doubtless will be figuring out how to integrate the latest planned addition to Disney’s family, Marvel Entertainment, whose library of super-hero characters the studio will seek to exploit.

Source: L.A. Times.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by goofypirate View Post
                  Matt Ouimet is definitely not coming back as President of DLR. He moved up to higher positions in other companies. If he came back it would be to replace Rasulo. I'm guessing either the current Vice President (unlikely) or, following Ed Grier's arc, a rising star at one of the other parks (more likely) who will owe their success, and therefore complete loyalty, to Rasulo.
                  So much for Disneyland being the place where dreams come true. :/

Comment

O ba ma ?

or Phil Holmes...

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Ross has proved himself adept at turning entertainment into brands -- high profile examples include "Hannah Montana," which launched pop star Miley Cyrus' career, and "High School Musical,' which was created for television but quickly found life — and revenue — in recorded music, a big-screen blockbuster and a stage show.

...High on Ross’ list doubtless will be figuring out how to integrate the latest planned addition to Disney’s family, Marvel Entertainment, whose library of super-hero characters the studio will seek to exploit.

Source: L.A. Times.
                      NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! NOT HIM! For the sake of all that is good in Disneyland, not him! Besides, I have a far better candidate in mind...

Comment

oh mr lassater..i hear oppurtunity knocking at your door again..
                        "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                          :blink:

Hey CA you do realize we're talking about two different things here right? Rich Ross is taking over the reins of the Disney Studio after Dick Cook resigned. This thread is talking about who will replace Ed Grier who today resigned has president of the Disneyland Resort.
                          Why did they announce all this on the same day, while I was only half paying attention while doing my work? LOL. It's really THEIR fault for not spacing it out over the week.

Comment

Part of me thinks it will be a no name hotshot from who knows where... the other part thinks it will be "Big Jon" S. (current VP) since this will be the President for DL's 55th. Jon played a key role in getting a lot up to par for the 50th.

I honestly have never been a blue card fan (current CM's will understand the reference). But Jon really is a completely different breed of upper management. Serious "old school" who comes down hard, has extremely high standards, usually won't move an inch from his position, and will make people cry with old Jungle tales especially when in the company of Bob and Tom... When I left Jon was director of Attractions. He knew a lot of us on a first name basis with or without our nametags on. If we didn't have our nametag on he'd be the first to say something... by name... reminding us he knew who we were even if we were trying to hide it. I ran into him when I was an AP and he stopped for about 5 minutes just to chat. He actually walked up and called me by name thereby starting the conversation (really is friendly if you're not on his bad side). It was only later that evening when I logged on to Miceage that I realized he'd been promoted to VP. He never said a word, just talked Disney and where I'd gone off to after Jungle (I wasn't working for Disney anymore).

Jon is VERY hands on so if he does become Pres he would likely be touring the park on a consistent basis. In some respects it would be like having Matt O again.
                            Last edited by techskip; 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I don't think Jon S. will get it, even though I think he'd be great. Jon is of the "Dick Cook" class of manager, and doesn't blindly do what other people tell him to do just to be seen as a "team player". I think Goofypirate is on the right track with this one.
                              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

The upper tier of GMs and VPs currently at the park have earned a ton
                                of respect from cast and management for their unfailingly high standards and for genuine care and passion about the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                                  The upper tier of GMs and VPs currently at the park have earned a ton
                                  of respect from cast and management for their unfailingly high standards and for genuine care and passion about the parks.
                                  Swell. I just installed a brand new Belkin Ergonomic Keyboard, and now my semi-digested breakfast is all over it.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Its going to be phil holmes

Comment

Who's that and how do you know?
                                      Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                        Swell. I just installed a brand new Belkin Ergonomic Keyboard, and now my semi-digested breakfast is all over it.

Isn't that sweet. Good things about Disney Management just make you sick, don't they.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X