This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What would YOU do as President?

Okay, imagine this: Disneyland decides to go on MiceChat's forums to pick their next president. If they happen to pick you, no interview needed...just pick and you're it, what would you do as president?

If it were me that were chosen, I'd love to get down and dirty and do my job as a guest in the parks, in line with the guests and the CMs, seeing what they like and don't like and improve upon there, from a guest's point of view.

Re: What would YOU do as President?

Make some major long term plans for TLand. Nothing specific, but yea... I bet I'd be outta there before those plans are even realized though *looks around* *runs*

one hundred and one

Comment

I would issue a memo to all cast members and employees stating:

"A. Every guest is a VIP.
      B. Every cast member and Disney employee is a VIP.
      C. The best possible outcome is a happy guest.
      D. The worst possible outcome is an unhappy guest.

What every guest takes home and remembers for a long time is how they felt at Disneyland. The emotional experience is what they remember. Never miss an opportunity to make a guest's experience a little happier. Always strive to avert or avoid a situation which would make a guest's experience unhappy. Treat all guests and other cast members as you would like to be treated."

I would spend 50% of my working hours in the park, communicating with guests and cast members, and even periodically put on the appropriate costume and do a shift at an attraction. I would spend 25% of my working hours communicating with Imagineers about the future of the park. I would spend the final 25% issuing orders based on evidence gathered during the day and communicating with my superiors in the company my actions of the day.

I would offer any cast member or Disneyland employee the opportunity to schedule a 30-minute appointment to sit down and discuss with me any Disneyland-related issue, and the meeting would be confidential and off the record. Any Disneyland employee could request this.

I would not change the prices on the food but I would attempt to improve the quality of the food offered. Specific food offerings that ranked lowest in guest surveys would be replaced with new offerings. I would attempt to improve the health and nutritional value of the food offerings and steer the park away from junk foods. I would phase out the turkey legs because it looks so stupid to see someone eating one.

I would issue a moratorium on closing attractions permanently. I would reinstall the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, Adventure thru Inner Space and PeopleMover. Other discontinued attractions would be considered for reinstallation as well and decided on a case-by-case basis.

I would order the replacement of Videopolis with a new custom-built theater for a live show of an abridged version of Mary Poppins presented several times per day. Reserved seat tickets would be sold for $5 each, and park guests would be admitted free to any unsold seats.

I would have Disney films constantly running in the Fantasyland Theater whenever Fantasyland is open. I would order a new indoor attraction to replace either the Pinocchio or Snow White one, and it would be based on Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I would order a new attraction in Tomorrowland called Project Apollo, a simulation of the July 1969 trip to the moon, with guests boarding one rocket type vehicle, complete a simulated flight, exit the vehicle onto the moon's surface, be allowed to take pictures of each other, then enter another vehicle for the return to Earth and splashdown.

I would order a new E-ticket-level attraction in Tomorrowland, based on WALL-E. The entry to it would be the building that now houses Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. Tomorrowland would have a new UFO landing show every night.

I would order a new attraction for DCA called Tijuana Taxi, a large indoor maze with individual electric cars driven and controlled by guests, but with many dead-ends. Guests who make it through the maze in the time allotted receive a free button. Guests who are stuck in the maze at the end of the time stay in their cars, and walls that block the dead ends are lifted, then a computer system automatically moves any cars back to the loading/unloading area.

I would add a new land behind Main Street, Liberty Square. Besides the Mr. Lincoln attraction in front of it, it would have the America the Beautiful movie which used to be in Tomorrowland, the Hall of Presidents, and a new walk-through mystery attraction based on the National Treasure films. Guests would walk through various scenes and observe as much as possible, then solve a mystery based on clues in the scenes. Guests who solve the mystery get a free button.

I would add a children's attraction to Adventureland based on The Jungle Book, sharing the same real estate as the Jungle Cruise. It would be walk-through and would feature live characters from the 1969 film. I would have a nightly African drum circle show in Adventureland. I would reopen the Tahitian Terrace.

I would have a large permanent walk-through attraction dedicated to the Imagineers, with a room for each of the longest-serving ones and examples of the artwork and other contributions made by every Imagineer who has ever been employed. Location of this to be determined, but probably one of the large shops selling cheapo plush toys could be converted.

I would reinstate the original shops of New Orleans Square, including the perfume shop and glassblower. I would let all the landscaping around the outside of the Haunted Mansion die, and then fireproof it.

I would break through the berm to add a new land northwest of Frontierland, and install the Western River Expedition that Marc Davis designed. I would also have a combination boat ride/track ride through simulations of U.S. national parks such as Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Everglades, Carlsbad Caverns and Hawaii Volcanoes. There would be a $5 charge for this ride but all the money would be donated to the National Park Service. I would also construct Expedition Denali in this area, basically an equivalent of Expedition Everest.

I would build a condensed version of WESTCOT, the California equivalent to EPCOT, somewhere within the DCA footprint. I would include the best attractions from EPCOT and additional attractions and exhibits illustrating sustainable agriculture, renewable energy resources, and new concepts in residential development design.

I would add a Math Maze for kids in DCA, where kids would need to solve simple math clues to determine which way to turn in the maze. Of course the Mad Hatter would be running around in the maze, purposely giving kids the wrong answers and laughing.

I would add the Land of Indigneous Peoples to DCA, with exhibits designed and operated by native tribes of the California area. Goods made by them would be sold there as well.

I would install photovoltaic solar panels on the rooftops of all buildings on the property where it is feasible and start generating as much electricity for the park as possible from solar power.

And that's just my first week on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post

I would offer any cast member or Disneyland employee the opportunity to schedule a 30-minute appointment to sit down and discuss with me any Disneyland-related issue, and the meeting would be confidential and off the record. Any Disneyland employee could request this.

I would issue a moratorium on closing attractions permanently. I would reinstall the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, Adventure thru Inner Space and PeopleMover. Other discontinued attractions would be considered for reinstallation as well and decided on a case-by-case basis.

I would have Disney films constantly running in the Fantasyland Theater whenever Fantasyland is open. I would order a new indoor attraction to replace either the Pinocchio or Snow White one, and it would be based on Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

I would order a new attraction in Tomorrowland called Project Apollo, a simulation of the July 1969 trip to the moon, with guests boarding one rocket type vehicle, complete a simulated flight, exit the vehicle onto the moon's surface, be allowed to take pictures of each other, then enter another vehicle for the return to Earth and splashdown.

I would order a new E-ticket-level attraction in Tomorrowland, based on WALL-E. The entry to it would be the building that now houses Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. Tomorrowland would have a new UFO landing show every night.

I would add a new land behind Main Street, Liberty Square. Besides the Mr. Lincoln attraction in front of it, it would have the America the Beautiful movie which used to be in Tomorrowland, the Hall of Presidents, and a new walk-through mystery attraction based on the National Treasure films. Guests would walk through various scenes and observe as much as possible, then solve a mystery based on clues in the scenes. Guests who solve the mystery get a free button.

I would add a children's attraction to Adventureland based on The Jungle Book, sharing the same real estate as the Jungle Cruise. It would be walk-through and would feature live characters from the 1969 film. I would have a nightly African drum circle show in Adventureland. I would reopen the Tahitian Terrace.

I would reinstate the original shops of New Orleans Square, including the perfume shop and glassblower. I would let all the landscaping around the outside of the Haunted Mansion die, and then fireproof it.

I would break through the berm to add a new land northwest of Frontierland, and install the Western River Expedition that Marc Davis designed. I would also have a combination boat ride/track ride through simulations of U.S. national parks such as Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Everglades, Carlsbad Caverns and Hawaii Volcanoes. There would be a $5 charge for this ride but all the money would be donated to the National Park Service. I would also construct Expedition Denali in this area, basically an equivalent of Expedition Everest.

I would add a Math Maze for kids in DCA, where kids would need to solve simple math clues to determine which way to turn in the maze. Of course the Mad Hatter would be running around in the maze, purposely giving kids the wrong answers and laughing.

I would add the Land of Indigneous Peoples to DCA, with exhibits designed and operated by native tribes of the California area. Goods made by them would be sold there as well.

And that's just my first week on the job.
        I quoted everything in your post that I disagreed with as unimaginative and certainly not feasible. 30-minute interview with everyone? Sure. Try that, maybe a suggestion box. Secondly, although the People Mover may be nice to have back, and still can be reinstalled, the other 'attractions' you mention either don't have the space or the marketability to return. Thirdly, why go to a Disney park to watch Disney movies? Bedknobs and Broomsticks: The Ride? Come on, that movie is a flop, and rightly so. (Though I have soft spot for Portebello Road) People will get Step in the Right Direction mixed up with Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.

Project Apollo would be a monument to the waste and futility that is a government run space program. I think a ride based on a private venture would be more in line with future trends. DisneySpace would be infinitely more attractive than the tired NASA models.

Wall-E? God no. Its been just over a year since its release and Wall-E is very much forgotten. Aside from those few who tried to push the film's implausible message, Pixar's so-called "best film" just isn't popular.

The Liberty Street idea sounds even more boring. Liberty Square has got to be the most boring area in Florida's Magic Kingdom, its only visitors are those passing through on the way to the Haunted Mansion or elsewhere. I personally don't find historical tributes a bore, but American exceptionalism does not inspire the new generations. Individualism and free trade are the future. (Need I add that the worst exhibit of all of Epcot's caricatured nations is the America one? How far can you get from the real thing?) These are all my opinions of course, and I am probably one of the few here who would see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln go down the drain. Why don't they have Great Moments with Walt Disney instead? That would be killer.

I agree with the Tahitian Terrace idea, not with the Jungle Book walkthrough.

I also think killing all the vegetation at the Haunted Mansion seemingly odd, things rot you know!

Math Maze, no no no. Please no.

Indigenous Peoples' exhibits would probably conflict with your Worship the American Government idea, but then again the PC sanitized version of world history is already being told in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, so why not?

Comment

Let's see..upgrades to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for sure. Other than that, trying not to screw up Disneyland!
          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

that just sounds plain cruel

Comment

I would retire. Seems to be the latest trend.

Comment

Before the Park
                -Moving sidewalks as an alternative to trams.*
                -Redesigned trams.*
                -Better ticket queue.*
                -Impose a capacity limit.*
                Main Street U.S.A
                -Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln-New show with updated special effects.
                -Shops-Bring back shops that would be found in a real Main Street, and not Emporium Jr. ad nauseum.
                Adventureland
                -Update Jungle Cruise with better AA's and possibly a more serious monologue.
                -Turn the Treehouse back to the Swiss Family Robinson.
                -MAJOR refurb for Indy.
                Frontierland
                -Update the Shooting Gallery.*
                -Bring back the original TSI.
                -Lots of realistic animal AA's viewable from the Mark Twain and the Columbia
                -Better BTMRR, great as it is already.
                Critter Country
                -IMPROVE SPLASH-Bring back the bears.
                New Orleans Square
                Perfect as is!
                Fantasyland
                -Update the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
                -New mountain based on the Night on Bald Mountain Fantasia segment at the former site of the Skyway station or along the Big Thunder Trail.
                -Bring back the real Small World!
                Mickey's Toontown
                Nothing I can think of.
                Tomorrowland
                Where do I begin?
                -Astro Orbiter gone, Rocket Jets on PM platform.
                -Update BLAB
                -New PM. My plan can be found on page 12 (?) of the PM thread.
                -Better queue for SM.
                -New Inner Space where Starcade is.
                -Something new in the Carousel Theater.
                -Update Autopia.
                -Reverse scenes from the CoP and play them from the TL to MS train stations. The Grand Canyon goes in between NOS and TT and Primeval World between TT and TL.
                Asterisked ideas (*) are my parent's.
                100 posts!
                https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

I'd abolish the AP program.
                  I'd give each land unique merchandise; and all clothing would come in realistic sizes.
                  Each land would have unique CM costumes.
                  I'd make DCA "California Land" and make it part of DL, without a separate admission.
                  I'd put a dress and behavioral code in place for the Blue Bayou.
                  Children between the ages of 2-18 would be allowed in the park from 10am-8pm only.
                  Strollers would be forbidden.
                  Wheelchairs available to those with disabled license plates or notarized doctor's notes only.
                  Guests in wheelchairs must wait at the exit of an attraction (in DL, or wherever the disabled queue is for each attraction) until the rest of their party (sans one attendant, who may remain with the guest) has made it completely through the queue, at which point the disabled guest may board.
                  Attendants posted at the beginning of every queue. No one may "join" their party in the queue, you must go in as a group. If you decide to exit a queue for any reason, you must go back to the end of the queue. Line-jumpers are ejected from the park.
                  Imagineers given control of creative decisions, not non-creative execs.
                  Restaurants given individual themes and sufficient staff and food choices.
                  Innoventions removed and replaced with an actual attraction.
                  Autopia chopped into a manageable size and the land regained there used to make additional Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions.
                  Astro Orbitor returned to crown atop Tomorrowland.
                  Plush confined to one display in one store in each land.
                  Fantasyland Skyway area turned into upscale, reservation-only cafe for couples; no children allowed.
                  Tahitian Terrace re-opened.
                  Pin shops confined to one shop in Frontierland.
                  Actual attractions added to Frontierland, utilizing the banks of the ROA, the old Festival of Fools arena, the petting zoo, and the PFF area.
                  Ending of Big Thunder Mountain changed to not be utterly lame.
                  Re-opening Carnation Plaza with music and dancing.
                  Removal (and destruction) of all ODV carts. Popcorn and Churro carts spared.
                  HISTA removed; area returned to outdoor amphitheatre.
                  Cast salaries raised to an appropriate, living wage.
                  Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

A B C D E

Yeah!
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
                      I'd give each land unique merchandise; and all clothing would come in realistic sizes.
                      I'd make DCA "California Land" and make it part of DL, without a separate admission.
                      Children between the ages of 2-18 would be allowed in the park from 10am-8pm only.
                      Strollers would be forbidden.
                      Wheelchairs available to those with disabled license plates or notarized doctor's notes only.
                      Guests in wheelchairs must wait at the exit of an attraction (in DL, or wherever the disabled queue is for each attraction) until the rest of their party (sans one attendant, who may remain with the guest) has made it completely through the queue, at which point the disabled guest may board.
                      Attendants posted at the beginning of every queue. No one may "join" their party in the queue, you must go in as a group. If you decide to exit a queue for any reason, you must go back to the end of the queue. Line-jumpers are ejected from the park.
                      Autopia chopped into a manageable size and the land regained there used to make additional Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions.
                      Fantasyland Skyway area turned into upscale, reservation-only cafe for couples; no children allowed.
                      Actual attractions added to Frontierland, utilizing the banks of the ROA, the old Festival of Fools arena, the petting zoo, and the PFF area.
                      HISTA removed; area returned to outdoor amphitheatre.
                      President of Disneyland? Hell, I want this guy running WDC!

:clap: :bow:

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                        President of Disneyland? Hell, I want this guy running WDC!

:clap: :bow:

Tikicub...the Anti-Pressler!

The heck with WDC...what about the country? Wonder what his plans are in 2012...
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Being president of the Disneyland Resort isn't an honorable or even desirable position anymore. It's just a place where Disney sticks someone they want to forget about. It's a job for knackered war horses and lame ducks with a few years left on their employment contracts. The past three Disneyland presidents left for more lucrative positions, Ed Grier is no different.

You might think of the office of President of Disneyland as an oubliette. What is that, exactly, you wonder?

An oubliette (from the French oubliette - literally "forgotten place") was a form of dungeon which was accessible only from a hatch in a high ceiling. The word comes from the same root as the French oublier, "to forget," as it was used for those prisoners the captors wished to forget.
                          Last edited by Sosai X; 10-06-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

First, I would look at the bottom line....Ya know, the 'numbers'.

Disneyland is a business. Some things work (Pirates) and some things don't (Nature train).

To keep the ball of Disneyland rolling, there would need to be special attention payed to the business specifics. It would involve turning off your 'nostalgia-goggles' and looking at the park objectively. It's definitely a hard task for Disneyfiles such as ourselves.

If Disneyland reinstated a bunch of defunct rides, the profitablity of the park would drop drastically. Nobody wants to see something old. They want new...or old with a 'new' twist. There would be no extra money (or enthusiasm) to make the additions you want so much. Keeping the boat afloat is THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect. The rest is icing.

Outlawing strollers?! Good luck with that. :thumbdown That's the correct way to alienate your audience and lose a steady source of revenue. Only a person with poor business sense would make a rule like that.

Keeping your company out of the red, and striving to make all customers comfortable will make you a hit with investors. And the funds from those investors will allow you to build new and amazing things.

Just my REALISTIC 2 cents worth...
                            For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                            http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

I'd just try to be more like Walt and be honest about what I do and why I'm doing it. I'd want to bring it back down to the basics, the essence, and the wonder that disneyland is and has meant to so many people.

I think the first step is to simply get down there to the parks and inspire the cast members so that they fully believe and understand that what they're doing is great and a true honor. At TDA, I'd build a team of people that not only are great at what they do, but most importantly understand Disneyland completely - people who used to be CM's themselves.

From there, I think the changes for good will handle themselves. Ideas can get you only so far if you don't have the right people to carry them out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

If I were president of Disneyland, I would push for quality over marketability. Simple, no?
                                Children between the ages of 2-18 would be allowed in the park from 10am-8pm only. There are lots of well-behaved kids and teenagers that don't mind staying awake for long periods of time, you know. If they can't handle being there for that long (or if the park can't handle them) then it's the parents fault for keeping them there.
                                Strollers would be forbidden. I know they annoy people, but forbidding them sounds a bit overboard.
                                Autopia chopped into a manageable size and the land regained there used to make additional Fantasylandand Tomorrowland attractions. I think Fantasyland is fine as it is. Tomorrowland's the one the needs improving!
                                Fantasyland Skyway area turned into upscale, reservation-only cafe for couples; no children allowed. Whatever happened to it being a family park? How about they just have waiters ask parents to take rude/noisy kids outside?
                                HISTA removed;area returned to outdoor amphitheatre. (Surely there's a better use for that space.)
                                Things I disagree with are underlined; my comments are in bold.

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post
                                Bedknobs and Broomsticks: The Ride? Come on, that movie is a flop, and rightly so. (Though I have soft spot for Portebello Road) People will get Step in the Right Direction mixed up with Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
                                I like that movie... But as much as I hate to admit it, I agree that it just wouldn't translate well into ride form, and demolishing Snow White and Pinocchio rides for it would be a huge mistake.
                                Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-06-2009, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I would invest in a lot of very good knee pads...then start begging the head office for more funding!!

Comment

I woulda been furious at that one when I was a kid. I've been a natural born night owl since infancy, have seldom seen the park before noon and always stay until closing (and almost always go on night when it's open 'til Midnight). Nighttime is the best time to be at the park! I was also a very well-behaved kid .

Also, I find the kid-restriction rules slightly ironic for someone who has "cub" in there name (a cub being an animal version of a kid ).
                                    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                                    Disney sequel):
                                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                                    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                                    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                                    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Based on and heavily embellished from the conversation I had with my best friend in the Disney fandom last night (who shall remain nameless unless she desires otherwise), here's my take on what I'd do, as a park outsider who has yet to step in it even once.

First and foremost, I'd gather up a team of park patrons, food critics and people with experience in the food business and have them review every restaurant, fast food stand and snack cart in both parks. No dish would remain unsampled, no churro untasted, no Dole Whip unturned. I'd gather their reccomendations and apply every one I can without driving prices drastically higher. And whatever doesn't need touching, won't be touched.

And while on the subject of food, I'd try to lure Alton Brown to open a "Good Eats Eatery" or something like that in Downtown Disney.

Next, I'd turn my attention to PFF. The Princesses-Only theme would be gone, the pavilion completely rehashed into a mostly outdoors venue, and the whole thing would be renamed Fantasyland Faire. The gift shop would remain the prime spot for Princess stuff, yes, but some boys costumes would be added into the mix if they're not already there. A wider range of characters would be there for meet & greets, and who is there and who is roaming around would not only depend on the day, but also the time of day.

Staying in Fantasyland, I'd replace Woody & Jess in IASW with kids in the style of the rides traditional animatronics wearing those costumes. At least that way it's not "oh, look, malformed toys"; instead it's "oh, look, kids dressed as characters." I figure ripping out all the changes would cost more than it's worth, so instead I'd merely address my biggest problem with them and call it a day with that ride... at least until the next holiday season comes around and it's time to re-think that overlay.

Over in Adventureland, I'd bring back the Tahitian Terrace, and I'd basically tell the skippers at the Jungle Cruise that "the shackles may not be off on the jokes, but we are removing your handcuffs." Every day I could I'd be on that ride expecting to hear something new from each skip. So long as I hear one joke I hadn't heard before, I'd be happy, even if it falls flat.

Heading to Tomorrowland, I read a planetarium idea here on this forum, and I absolutely love it. I wonder about the cost, though, so instead I'd ask the Imagineers to take that idea and work out something that would have that kind of atmosphere but at a more reasonable budget, and one that could have shows easily interchanged at only the cost of filming and programming the show. It would go right where HISTA is, and the provess would begin right after the new Star Tours is put in.

In Frontierland, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies would get a new home somewhere for as long as they remain popular. A new Diamond Horseshoe Revue, with a couple old routines and a host of new ones, would be brought in.

Critter Country will see a new Pooh ride after the work on the Planetarium-esque project is done. Not the Honey Hunt, something completely new and exclusive to Anaheim, though the trackless system would almost definately be used.

New Orleans Square... not touching it unless someone came to me with a brilliant idea, except for restoring the spiel in the Mansion. And I'd save Toontown for later, once other projects are taken care of.

Over on Main Street, character merchendise would be cut down, and some more one of a kind stuff would be added, probably from outside vendors with crew held to Cast Member standards. And I'd allow any characters, regardless of their background, to pop up there and encounter each other as they please. After all, people of all walks of life come down Main Street to enter the parks, why not reinforce that idea with the characters?

Speaking of the characters, some folks we haven't seen in a long while will be coming back. Prince Phillip will return to Aurora's side on a regular basis, Wendy will be back full time, Jack Sparrow will roam NOS once more, Esmerelda would be spending time with the Main Street Marching Band, and Bobble would join Pixie Hollow. Furthermore, the likes of the March Hare, the Genie, Mushu, Rafiki, Suzy & Perla, the Tick-Tock Croc, Marie from the Aristocats, Scrooge McDuck, Mr. Toad, Little Bo Peep and the Robin Hood cast (including Maid Marian) would all be put into the rotation either more heavily or even only on random occasions. Costumes would be updated or even created as needed. Most importantly, Captain Hook and Geppetto would become face characters.

Over at DCA... well, there's enough already going on over there that I'd be hesitant to pile more on right away. My ideal Phase 2, though, would involve something old (a new Country Bear theatre), something new (Iron Man: the Ride), something borrowed (the Great Muppet Movie ride), something blue (and other colors; revamped animatronics in Monsters Inc). Iron Man would be the opening salvo of a new land in DCA, focused on not just Marvel's characters, but the Incredibles, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Kim Possible and other animated and illustrated action/adventure franchises.

There you have it. I'm sure it's not even close to what most here would do, but it would be a product I'd believe in, and that's the most important thing.
                                      Stuck in Western NY, and feeling so far away from the Magic.

Comment

Get rid of Pixie Hollow and anything with Tinkerbell on it, except for the Peter Pan ride.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X