This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Crowds on Trip

How will the crowds be for October 20 - 21st? It's a Tuesday and Wednesday and most SoCal doesn't have break so will it be light crowds? That's what we're hoping! Will there be wind, or will we be able to watch Halloween Screams?

Thanks!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Re: Crowds on Trip

Never can tell. Who knows could be. Probably.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

In terms of Weather, your better off checking weather.com before you go.

In terms of crowds, it's most likely that it won't be very big. Usually if you check the wait times of each popular attraction, it'll give you an idea how busy the park is. But thats my way of knowing how crowded it is. Tuesday and Wednesday is generally not really busy.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
      Indy Ride Count: 2211
      World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Any more suggestions for the trip?
        Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

It's too early to tell about weather, even most weather websites go only 10-15 days in the future from now.

If watching the Halloween Screams Fireworks Spooktacular is one of your priorities, i'd say KEEP IT A PRIORITY. It's very much worth it in my opinion ).

Here's a tip for watching the show. You can get a pretty good standing area right in front of the castle if you head into the area about 15-20 minutes before the show starts. Since everyone's been sitting on the ground for about an hour, they don't realize sitting takes up more room than standing, and that 15-20 mins before the show starts, a cast member will require everyone to stand up, resulting in A LOT more standing area. so if you time it right, you can get there right when the cast member tells everyone to stand and get a great view of the castle. i'd say your best view would be just SLIGHTLY to the left of the very center of the castle.
          -plagued

Comment

Just be warned that the winds will be problem for this month. If the winds are very bad then the fireworks will be cancelled and rarely delayed. This past Friday and Saturday I believe, the fireworks were almost cancelled. Sunday had no problem. I expect the winds to pick up during your time in DL.

The fireworks during your time will be going off at 8:40PM.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post

Here's a tip for watching the show. You can get a pretty good standing area right in front of the castle if you head into the area about 15-20 minutes before the show starts. Since everyone's been sitting on the ground for about an hour, they don't realize sitting takes up more room than standing, and that 15-20 mins before the show starts, a cast member will require everyone to stand up, resulting in A LOT more standing area. so if you time it right, you can get there right when the cast member tells everyone to stand and get a great view of the castle. i'd say your best view would be just SLIGHTLY to the left of the very center of the castle.
              Hm, this is a great idea. We only have one day in DL during Halloween time during which we are going to try to experience the themed rides, the Fireworks (hoping for low wind!) and Fantasmic. I don't know if I will have the guts to try it though, having only one chance. Where would you recommend coming from to be in the hub area at 15-20 minutes before the show? Do you think that if we rode Indiana with a FP getting in line at around 8:15 we might be able to get off the ride, back to the Hub by nine and pull this off? Or is that a crazy idea, and since we only have one chance to do this right we should start waiting for the Fireworks at 8:15.

Comment

The park has been pretty crowded this whole month. even on Tuesday and Wed. It was busy tonight.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

park is filled to capcity tonight. They have shut it down...which means its so busy you can't get in. They shut it down aroudn 7 pm, now if you want t go in you have to wait until some of the people leave first...good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by plagued View Post
                    :thumbup: Very good tip! A lot of guests get caught off guard when 20 min. before the fireworks everyone is required to stand up. This opens up space that was once taken up by blankets and bags and allows more people to move closer to the castle.

This usually results in a state of, "Oh No! Hurry pick everything up! Why is everyone moving in front of me!"

Last weekend during a very packed day at DLR, when the CM asked everyone to stand up, a lady shoved me back because she was horrified that the entire crowd was moving forward to fill in the empty spaces. I wasn't a very happy camper but that incident was quickly forgotten after the fireworks started.

Large crowds do tend to make people more antsy. Or maybe it was because of the full moon that night?:unsure:

Goodluck! Hopefully the crowds won't be too horrible during your visit. But if you're really worried about not making it back in time to get a good spot for the fireworks I'd say its worth camping out in front of the castle 1.5 hr or so before the show starts.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X