This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disney park: the Videogame

Why isn't there a Disneyland Video game? I know there was VMK a few years back. I didn't get to try that out (Before I really got into the parks), and it is gone now. Also it didn't really seem like a great representation of a virtual disneyland, it was more of a bunch of minigames. I didn't get to try it, so I may be wrong on VMK.

Anyways, there are RCT games, but I haven't seen a great Disneyland recreation of the entire park on one map. Probably due to map size restrictions. Next there was a disney theme park creator game... and it sucked.

So, do you think there would be a big enough market for a disney park videogame? And why do you think it doesn't exist? And what are your ideas for a disney park video game

Re: Disney park: the Videogame

I have a Tokyo DisneySea game and I seem to recall there being a Universal Studios game, so I'm all for there being a Disneyland game.

I'd like to see themed lands pushed a bit more in the game into the fantasy realm than could be created in real life.

Comment

Disneyland (Sony MSX system):
      Disneyland for MSX - GameFAQs

Mickey's Big Adventure - Tokyo Disneyland (Japan Version Super Nintendo):
      Mickey's Big Adventure Tokyo Disneyland Super Famicom - eBay (item 250506014655 end time Oct-28-09 23:37:36 PDT)

Disneyland Kart Racer (Verizon Cell Phone Game):
      Disney Interactive Studios Releases ‘Disneyland Kart Racer’ for Verizon Wireless Customers | StitchKingdom.com

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
        Heh, I don't think those screenshots are from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
          Heh, I don't think those screenshots are from the game.
          Hahaha, yea your'e right. I didn't notice that.

Comment

A Disneyland shooter game a la Doom would be kinda cool. The top score would be achieved only by shooting your way to the top of the Matterhorn and conquering the Evil Iger Mountain Beast.

That, or an adaptation of The Dickies' song "Stukas Over Disneyland" would be intriguing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzSsc6SAFHA"]YouTube - The Dickies Army Presents: STUKAS OVER DISNEYLAND[/ame]

Comment

This is the DisneySea game I have. I can't seem to find screenshots anywhere. It basically expands the park into an actual island at sea, I haven't played much, but it pushes the theming of the worlds farther than can be done in person, like I mentioned above.

eBay.com.my: Adventure of Tokyo Disney Sea - New Japan PS2 Import (item 200311482894 end time Oct 16, 2009 05:40:52 MYT)

Comment

Hmmmm,I remember that there was one Disneyland Game @ DL that was sold during 04'-06 I think? It was not for any game systems mind you, it looked more closely like one of those potable games that you carry around(kind of like the one that are sold @ drug stores.)

Timekeeper.
                sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

There was a Disneyland NES game in the late eighties early nineties. I remember it being fun and having some cool platforming levels based on HM and Pirates. And there was a racing level based on Autopia as well.

Comment

I think the NES game was called "Magic Kingdom Adventure," or something like that. I remember it being pretty awful, even for NES-level technology. There was just no soul to it.

I own Walt Disney World Magical Racers, but I don't play it much. Racing games aren't really my thing.

VMK was billed as an MMORPG, but what it really was, was a glorified chat room for grade schoolers. IMO it was a waste of a concept that had potential.

Warren Spector's "Epic Mickey" looks like it's going to include lots of imagery from the parks, albeit in a sort of post-apocalyptic steampunk dystopia context. I think it's going to be awesome, but it might upset purists.

There's no doubt in my mind but that there needs to be a true, up-to-date, 3-D action-adventure game set in Disneyland that appeals to all ages and really brings across the magic and thrill of the place. I have an idea for my ideal Disneyland-based MMORPG, but I don't think Disney would go for it. :shy:
                    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I hope they make a 3D version of VMK. That would be awesome. You could design your own rides and you could buy rooms in the castles and mountains. It would be awesome! I would definitely pay for that each month! Are you listening Mr. Iger?
                      "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
                      YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
                      Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
                      (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

How bout the Kingdom Hearts series?!?! Not Disneyland, but what a lot of people(including me) consider to be one of THE BEST(if not the best) Disney franchises of all time! Also considered on of the best RPG games of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
                          How bout the Kingdom Hearts series?!?! Not Disneyland, but what a lot of people(including me) consider to be one of THE BEST(if not the best) Disney franchises of all time! Also considered on of the best RPG games of all time!
                          Yeah I got to get the Kingdon Hearts games. Got to find a old PS2 copy and see if it runs on my PS3 (60gig).

Comment

Have you guys seen the artwork for the game "Epic Mickey?" The artwork has images of Disney attractions, including DL's Haunted Mansion and IASW. The game looks amazing based on the concept art, and is slated to be released for the Nintendo Wii.

Corresponding article and image taken from:
                            http://www.endsights.com/2009/10/07/...n-epic-mickey/
                            Last edited by Tomorrowland Tourist; 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM. Reason: Photo & Article Details
                            "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

I second, third, fourth and on the motion. I have the Gamecube Disney Party and that has like a generic brand of disneyland theme park SORT OF built into it but nothing to the extent that any of us are talking. I also had the chip and dale racing through disneyland game on PS2 and that was fun but still not what i wanted.

I mean can it REALLY be that hard? Can't they use the whole final fantasy/kingdom Hearts style software and go at it? I am sure it would sell, but then what do i know?

Thanks for the still shot of Epic Mickey. I can't wait. I don't even understand what any of the pictures for it mean but I can't WAIT.

Comment

Okay, you guys dragged it out of me.

My dream video game for Disneyland is an MMORPG called "Knights of the Magic Kingdom."

The premise is that there is an alternate dimension connected to Disneyland where the real Disney characters live, in "homelands" that branch off of the corresponding rides. This alternate dimension is the manifestation of the excess creative energy generated by Walt Disney Studios when they make movies, and various spiritual entities come to feed on it. Some of them are harmless, but others are quite dangerous, and not only do they pose a threat to residents of the alternate dimension, but the damage they do can reverberate back into the "real world" and cause problems at Disneyland.

To cope with this, those in the know at Disney secretly recruit brave, sympathetic people and teach them how to cross over into the alternate dimension and use the magic there to devise empowered identities for themselves, so that they can fight the monsters and other weird things. These people are the Knights of the Magic Kingdom, AKA the player-characters.

At character creation, you would choose an identity and powers for your Knight based on one of the lands/attractions at the park. For instance, you could be a pirate with mad swashbuckling skills, or a fairy with transformation magic, or a Toon with nigh-invulnerability and infinitely deep pockets, or even a wild jungle animal. Each Knight's powers would be slightly more effective in their corresponding land than elsewhere.

Missions could range from retrieving a small child who accidentally crossed over into the alternate dimension, to helping Peter Pan rescue the Lost Boys from Captain Hook, to taking down a monster that threatens to destroy the analogue of Sleeping Beauty Castle, which would almost certainly have catastrophic consequences for the park in the "real" world. The game's currency would of course be Disney Dollars, but some shops might only accept doubloons or simoleons or shillings, necessitating a trip to the Bank of Main Street to make an exchange. Another general challenge would be accomplishing certain tasks in Disneyland itself without accidentally displaying your powers in front of NPCs (guests).

So...who wants to play?
                                Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
                                  I have a Tokyo DisneySea game

WHAT!? where how!

i mean.. so what's it like

Comment

There was that racer set in Walt Disney World that had you racing through the rides. That was a neat game that I liked even though I have never been to WDW.
                                    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

Originally posted by Bexington View Post
                                      WHAT!? where how!

i mean.. so what's it like
                                      This is what I found: IGN: Adventure of Tokyo Disney Sea

& this: http://www.konamistudio.com/dseagba/index.html
                                      DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

I have the NES game in ROM format somewhere. Talk about lame, I grew up with the NES and I have to say that was one of the worst games to come out for it.
                                        Originally posted by Captain_Jenny1987
                                        Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X