X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney park: the Videogame

Originally posted by Explicit View Post
    There was that racer set in Walt Disney World that had you racing through the rides. That was a neat game that I liked even though I have never been to WDW.
    I still have that game! I used to love it when I was little.

Comment

There's a virtual game called secondife.com that you can create ur own character etc..I tryed it once and found they have a "Magicland" which is a virtual Disneyland that you can ride around some rides in with all the music in the different lands, it's really cool...tomorrowland has the Peoplemover and Space you can ride along with Capt. EO..that was the only cool thing about that virtual game for me anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by evmo View Post
        I have the NES game in ROM format somewhere. Talk about lame, I grew up with the NES and I have to say that was one of the worst games to come out for it.
        You're talking about "Adventures in the Magic Kingdom". I remember that one. I could clear every level except for Space Mountain. The game was ok, but I wouldn't say it was a must have like other NES games like Super Mario Bros. There other better Disney games on the NES, mainly Ducktales, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck.

I have played Mickey's Tokyo Disneyland Great Adventure and it's not bad. If you want a good Mickey game, then Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse would be the better game.

Kingdom Hearts has already mentioned as it's full of Disney characters and worlds. It hasn't been mentioned yet that you face off against different Disney villains in the game such as Jafar, Maleficent, Oogie Boogie, Captain Hook, MCP, and Barbossa. They say Fantasmic is the inspiration for the game.

There's one rare game (I have it on Playstation) called Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix, which combines eurobeat versions of Disney music. The game has songs like Mickey Mouse March, it's a small world, and Chim Chim Cheree. Avex put out a CD of Disney eurobeat music around 2000 that has full versions of these songs plus other songs not used in the game like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo, Someday, and Heigh Ho. It was around that time that Club Disney was held at Tokyo Disneyland. Club Disney Super Dancin' Mania Remix was held in 2007 and featured AAA's new eurobeat song "You Can Fly" as well as Cutie Mami's "Mickey Mouse March" (Domino's version is more well known). Jtcent dot com has the video for it. Para para dancing is prominently featured during Club Disney and Mickey Mouse March was included in the 2000 game Para Para Paradise. Also, Niko's "Night of Fire" and Combined's "Fire" have both appeared on Tokyo Disneyland CDs.

Comment

I thought it would be cool if you went around DL and went you entered the rides it took you to its world and you go around the world and beat the bad guys and save the good guys and at the end you battle the Dragon next to the castle.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I always thought it'd be cool to have a skateboarding game like Tony Hawk or skate get access to have a level that's the park. All of the show buildings can be entered and in the case of rides like Star Tours, you enter the world of the ride. Who would want to grind Natas Spin to take out towers on the Death Star?

I also can't wait for Epic Mickey. Here's a link with more Concept Art including a metal scorpion with a Country Bear for a head and what looks like a wall crawling Pink Elephant. Via Kotaku.com
            ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

Originally posted by Bexington View Post
              WHAT!? where how!

i mean.. so what's it like
              This site has the back of the box so you can check it out. It's not fantastic, but not terrible. It's a 3-D plaforming kind of thing. You need to be able to play Japanese PS2 games to play it, though.

Adventure of Tokyo Disney Sea (JP) Box Shot for PlayStation 2 - GameFAQs

Comment

VMK was the best thing ever, join the save vmk movement

i dont think there is a Disney Park video game

Comment

Kingdom Hearts II has a "haunted mansion" near the beginning, although the game designers really dropped the ball because I didn't see any specific shout-outs to the Haunted Mansion at all.

Anyone want to comment on my MMORPG idea?
                  Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

If anyone's looking for the Adventures in the Magic Kingdom game, you can play it online here:

Adventures In The Magic Kingdom - Play the Nintendo game Adventures In The Magic Kingdom online
                    "I can stand the sight of worms,
                    and look at microscopic germs,
                    but technicolor pachyderms
                    are really too much for me."

Comment

Originally posted by GregC View Post
                      There's a virtual game called secondife.com that you can create ur own character etc..I tryed it once and found they have a "Magicland" which is a virtual Disneyland that you can ride around some rides in with all the music in the different lands, it's really cool...tomorrowland has the Peoplemover and Space you can ride along with Capt. EO..that was the only cool thing about that virtual game for me anyway...
                      Do they have high ticket prices at Magicland too? I assume they would charge admission since people use real money in that game.

Comment

If you play the game left 4 dead, which is a zombie shooter kind of game, they have a haunted mansion map. It's the haunted mansion from Walt Disney World. Here is a link to youtube for gameplay footage. I think they also have a Tower of Terror map.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32AfJ0L-Rbg]YouTube - Surviving the Haunted Mansion (Left 4 Dead)[/ame]
                        http://ktomita.smugmug.com/
                        http://www.facebook.com/ktomita
                        sigpic
                        ~~QUANTOM~~

Comment

I love themed custom maps!

Comment

Because I'm a total dork, I'm now dreaming up a theoretical Disneyland-based fighting game, with various animatronic characters as the fighters and landmark locations from around the park as arenas.

Should I see a therapist?
                            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Homan View Post
                              Anyways, there are RCT games, but I haven't seen a great Disneyland recreation of the entire park on one map. Probably due to map size restrictions. Next there was a disney theme park creator game... and it sucked.
                              This one is pretty decent, I think...

http://ohiolandshark.googlepages.com/disneylandrct2

There's also this one(though its not a recreation):

New Element - Disneyland Park

And a version of DisneySea:

New Element - DisneySea

Comment

Disney theme park creator game? Even if it sucked, cna you tell me more about this? I can't find it anywhere

Comment

I just sat here for the full 6 minutes and odd seconds watching somebody kill off zombies on Haunted Mansion and it was......AMAZING. I was so entranced. thank you for posting that...woah I have some friends that would kill to play that.

Comment

haha, no problem petchaurus, if you go on youtube they have some more videos of that haunted mansion map. Not sure if they showed the elevator part in the video or not, but that map is pretty detailed. Also i think they have a tower of terror map too but it might be for another game called counter strike source which uses the same game engine as left 4 dead. Here is the video for the tower of terror, no zombies in this one, but still its awesome.
                                    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7AfQF_RQo&feature=related]YouTube - Half Life 2: The Tower of Terror[/ame]
                                    http://ktomita.smugmug.com/
                                    http://www.facebook.com/ktomita
                                    sigpic
                                    ~~QUANTOM~~

Comment

I used to have a computer game called Ultimate Ride that was (according to the package) made by Imagineering. It was a pretty average coaster design game, but it came with some Disney props and sound effects, and a couple of pre-made Disney coaster simulations (I think it was BTMRR and Space Mountain).

What was strange was that some of the props were of Disney buildings not associated with coasters, so you could have this extreme coaster zooming over Main Street or Small World.

You couldn't add your own images, but you could use your own sound files. I created a coaster based on the history of Disneyland, specifically the ups and downs of Black Sunday (a.k.a. the televised opening day).

Fun, but Roller Coaster Tycoon (which I have yet to play) sounds like it gives you a lot more creative freedom.

I also remember Adventures in the Magic Kingdom.

In between the ride levels, you had to go up to people in the park and answer their trivia questions to "prove" that you were really working for Mickey. That part of the game is how I learned Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy .
                                      "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                                      Disney sequel):
                                      Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                                      Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                                      Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                                      Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                                      Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by quantom View Post
                                        haha, no problem petchaurus, if you go on youtube they have some more videos of that haunted mansion map. Not sure if they showed the elevator part in the video or not, but that map is pretty detailed. Also i think they have a tower of terror map too but it might be for another game called counter strike source which uses the same game engine as left 4 dead. Here is the video for the tower of terror, no zombies in this one, but still its awesome.
                                        YouTube - Half Life 2: The Tower of Terror

That's awsome. I used to do a bit of level design and can appreciate what went into that. By the Way that's the Half Life 2 engine called "Source".
                                        Originally posted by Captain_Jenny1987
                                        Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

Comment

what about a true sim..;take it from the begining start with a bunch of orange groves..and build the park from scratch, unlocking achievemets along the way, new rides and such.and diffrent challenges from the history of the park.. beat the hippies makeing the rope chain kinda thing, keep your maint up..and you and only you can decide what closes or stays open,and you can ride everything, from the classic versions to yours.. and every thing from the horse shoe review to capt E0 and back again..want big thunder and the mine train? now you can...that would be the ultimate disney game,pick what charecters are out for meet & greets,total sim total mini game and total disney..tell me this wouldnt rock...
                                          "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X