Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 2005: Parades, Fireworks, Fantasmic!, etc.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2005: Parades, Fireworks, Fantasmic!, etc.

Hi-

I will be at DLR from Dec. 20-22, 2005. DLR website has already posted the park hours for these dates, but has not posted any times for parades, fireworks, Fantasmic!, etc.

Being an obsessive vacation planner, I check the DLR website at least 5 times a day to see if the full schedule has been posted. Can anyone let me know when I can stop obsessing over this and expect to see the full schedules for these dates, or do I need to continue to check every day?

I'm interested in finalizing my dinner/parade/Fantasmic plans, but don't know when I can do this.

As always, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rick

Re: December 2005: Parades, Fireworks, Fantasmic!, etc.

Call the Disney Dine Phone number...its on the site...wait its in my phone...

:looks at number:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Tentatively:

Parade of Dreams - 3:00pm
      A Christmas Fantasy Parade (DL) - 5:15pm, 7:45pm
      Remember Fireworks - 9:25pm
      Fantasmic - 9:00pm, 10:30pm
      Electrical Parade (DCA) - 8:45pm

Comment

Also, Block Party Bash at 5:15 PM daily and Aladdin on Wednesday with assorted times. Due to only having one main cast, Aladdin will remain dark on Mondays and Tuesdays during peak times. Next summer, a second full cast will be trained for daily performances.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

omg i totally forgot about BPB! eeek.. I KNEW I had forgotten something. wow.. that's really bad. haha

And also, snow will fall after every performance of "Remember."

Comment

I'm planning for a few weeks before you, 12/9-12/14 and I'm having the same prob. I have the hours, but no schedules.

The park is open to midnight on the weekend when I'm there and closing at 8 pm during the week, that's all I know. I'm guessing there's no Electrical Parade during the week at DCA, since it closes at 6?

That's all I can do is guess for right now! Good luck! I'll keep checking back here, too.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
              I'm planning for a few weeks before you, 12/9-12/14 and I'm having the same prob. I have the hours, but no schedules.

The park is open to midnight on the weekend when I'm there and closing at 8 pm during the week, that's all I know. I'm guessing there's no Electrical Parade during the week at DCA, since it closes at 6?

That's all I can do is guess for right now! Good luck! I'll keep checking back here, too.
              Go to Disneyland.com, and check out the following dates, November 25th thru 30th. This has the basic Christmas schedule, including parades.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...051125&span=6& parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=false

Now, the Friday thru Sunday are still Thanksgiving week, so I would expect it to close at 11 PM, and have only one Fantasmic! on a normal Friday, but everything else should be the same for the off-season period .

The Electrical Parade has been on Hiatus, and will remain that way until Chirstmas Peak, when it will be offered Daily from December 16th thru January 1st, with the exception of December 24th, when both parks have shorter hours. Then the DEP will once again go back to Hiatus status, with the next possible showings be offered during peak Easter weeks, but that has not be announced.

Peak Christmas starts Friday, December 16th, where you should expect to see the Saturday schedule every day, with a couple of exceptions. One is the addition of the Electrical Parade nightly at DCA, and the fact that Aladdin will remain dark on Monday and Tuesdays due to casting issues.

Comment

Does that mean NO Electrical Parade Dec. 9-14, not even on the weekend?

That never even occurred to me! I was pouting because we'd only see it twice....never thought we wouldn't see it at all!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                  Does that mean NO Electrical Parade Dec. 9-14, not even on the weekend?
                  That is correct, it closed on Labor Day, and hasn't been offered since.

The original plan was not to have it run until next summer, but the TDA folks decided that DCA had very little to offer during the Christmas season, so they decided to bring it out for 2 weeks.

Comment

Crap. Well, I officially have no reason to go to DCA.

Thanks, though. At least I'm prepared.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X