Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what rides is a no-no for pregnant mamas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] what rides is a no-no for pregnant mamas?

My bf and I are wanting to go for his birthday just for one day. But I will be about 6 months pregnant. I was wondering what rides are a no-no? I just want it to be laid back Im not to interested in riding all the rides just wondering which ones are a definite no.

Re: what rides is a no-no for pregnant mamas?

According to the park map:
    Big Thunder, Spash, Indy, Matterhorn, Autopia, Space, and Star Tours.

Comment

I don't think you should go on Mad Tea Party either, although the last time I watched it, the duration seems to be only about one minute now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
        I don't think you should go on Mad Tea Party either, although the last time I watched it, the duration seems to be only about one minute now.
        ugh thinking about that ride reminds me of my dad spinning us on that, he would make it to where we could not hold our heads right it felt like they would fall off. pass on that one lol

Comment

When I was a kid I could go on that with no problem. But the last time I went on it about 20 years ago. I made the mistake of leaning forward, and if you do that, when you start spinning the centrifugal force causes the bubbles in your eustachian tubes to change position, and you suddenly feel like you have flipped upside down. It's weird and I felt bad for a while after that. Haven't gone on it since, but for some reason I enjoy watching it.

Comment

When mom was pregnant with my brother during our '95 trip, she did need a break after riding Mr Toad. The train scene and how you're supposed to be riding on the railroad tracks left her feeling a little shaken up.

Comment

It also so depends on your quesynest factor, when Id go to the park, i rode auto and teacup up until it was nearly time. Stay away from any thing that says mountain, coaster, things that throw you around (ex. star tours, indy) rides that drop you (ex. Tower). Plus the maps and rides will have certain warnings.
              "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

They have warning signs on the rides for people who are pregnant or have other health issues. I'm sure city hall could advise you as well.

Comment

If you would have difficulty going down and up the spiral staircase to get into and out of the submarines, they have an alternate experience for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage which is a small theater where you can watch it in HD and with high-quality sound. It's called the Marine Observation Outpost. Really nice and it's air conditioned, a great relief on a hot day. Just ask the first cast member you see at Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage to let you in there.

Comment

you guys have all been so helpful. I was just wondering for the fact that disneyland is my favorite place in the world and I have a few people that have told me they went on like everything when they were pretty pregnant and I wanted to know from the ladies that have been to disney pregnant, what things to avoid what would be fun to do. When I used to go with my parents it was rush here rush there. I went last december with my ex and we met up with Dan and Kritter and they showed me some places I would have never stopped by, and took it nice a slow. I loved it!! I know I want to take it nice a relaxing just see the things that I have never noticed before. like I said I am not to interested in riding all the rides.

Comment

Haha, I haven't been on Mad Tea Party this year )

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                        According to the park map:
                        Big Thunder, Spash, Indy, Matterhorn, Autopia, Space, and Star Tours.
                        Maybe even POTC too. Also, be very careful on IASW. There are some pretty fast, sharp turns and large dips :lol:

P.S Congrats on your little one!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

the best person to ask is your doctor. Every pregnant women depending on their health has certain limits. i have seen pregnant women that could do rlollercoasters with no problems.

Comment

Look on the map for the "Red Triangle" attractions - those are the ones that aren't recommended for people with serious health risks, including pregnancy. Those are most of the roller coaster-y type attractions.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
                            Flying through the stars just like
                            Peter Pan
                            I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
                            Disneyland...
                            -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                              the best person to ask is your doctor. Every pregnant women depending on their health has certain limits. i have seen pregnant women that could do rlollercoasters with no problems.
                              You have seen things that 99% of OBs would object to. But there are some women who do not understand the physical issues with regards to how the body is built, lap bars, and various other issues that come into play. It is up to each individual mom to decide if it is a risk they are willing to take.
                              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

my mother is an ob nurse she was going to to kill me when i was riding matterhorn and splash at four months. baby was fine, it your choice in the end disney gives the warnings. After the last time i rode those mountains that was it for me and thrill rides, but i enjoyed riding everything i could up until two week before baby joined us. What do you enjoy? I know that my feet would get tired walking so id just go on a longer ride like potc, iasw... etc. Also if you do get worried about lap bars tell the cm have far you would feel comfortible with it locked in place. Funny part about me being at the park so much is that the baby will instantly fall asleep when we get on small world.
                                "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." :ghug:

The Beatles

Comment

There should be a caution on Dumbo and the Astro Orbitor, too. Even the wobbly pooh-hives might not be good.

And if you feel the slight bit dizzy, be especially care stepping into all of the calmer boat rides, like Jungle Cruise, Storybook Canal boats, Small World, Tarzan Treehouse has a lot of steps, Autopia, with the occassional not allowed bumping that does still occur.
                                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                    Autopia, with the occassional not allowed bumping that does still occur.
                                    A bigger problem with Autopia are the fumes.
                                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

autotopia is a fun ride but my sense of smell bothers me lol i know i would not be able to handle that one lol.

Comment

Yeah... why haven't they converted Autopia over to electric cars already?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X