Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your views on a Splash Mountain refurb?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What are your views on a Splash Mountain refurb?

What would your view be if Disney were to make a major overhaul and replace all of the AAs with new ones. Would you like the new realistic movements or do you like the feel of the classic America Sings attractions?
    Give us some new robots!
    25.81%
    Keep the classics!
    53.23%
    I wouldn't care either way!
    20.97%
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: What are your views on a Splash Mountain refurb?

though it would involve a possible expansion of critter country I think a second drop would be fun

other than that, with the exception of general maintenance to make sure they are operating properly, I dont see any reason to replace the a.a.'s unless they need to be replaced.

Comment

I think every attraction has room for improvements, like new AAs, so if they decided to do this and had the money, I think it'd be cool to have updated AAs and better movements. However, I don't think it's necessary and would rather see another attraction that really needs it get a refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
        though it would involve a possible expansion of critter country I think a second drop would be fun

other than that, with the exception of general maintenance to make sure they are operating properly, I dont see any reason to replace the a.a.'s unless they need to be replaced.
        There are allready 3 drops on the ride, aren't there? =o I haven't been on it in a while, though. Or are you talking about another large drop?

Comment

I like the ride too much to remove all the current AAs. I'd love better motions, new charaters but not at the price of tampering with a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
            There are allready 3 drops on the ride, aren't there? =o I haven't been on it in a while, though. Or are you talking about another large drop?

I was talking about another large drop

Comment

For the most part I think the attraction is fine as it is. I could stand seeing some characters being updated with more advanced animatronics for better mouth movement, etc. but certainly nothing that tampers with the story or attempts to add to it.

What I'd really like to see is an updated Laughin' Place. That section of the ride always feels empty and underlooked. Maybe add a couple of animatronics to flesh things out better.
              Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
              Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                I like the ride too much to remove all the current AAs. I'd love better motions, new charaters but not at the price of tampering with a classic.
                Agreed. Would love some new AAs, but keep all the classics!
                sigpic
                Home away from Home.

Comment

'More realistic' animatronics, on fuzzy AA rabbits, foxes, bears, toads, etc., that are based on cartoon characters, seems mostly pointless to me. I like the animatronics the way they are, because they seem kinda' like advanced parts of an elaborate pop-up book, and we're reading the story as we travel through it. Making the AA's, in this kind of ride, too realistic doesn't seem to fit.
                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Wait a second, didn't Splash Mountain just had a major refurb last year? I'm okay with the AA's since it's a little/big tribute to America Sings. But if they had to replace them with new AA's, I would be okay with it.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                    Indy Ride Count: 2211
                    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

I voted to 'keep the classics'. Although I would not mind some existing characters to move a lot more fluidly, I would hate to see any of the AAs taken out and replaced with something different. How about they add some smells? Like a sweet sugary smell permeating the area with all the bee hives and such? I always thought as many senses as possible should be stimulated on rides.

Off topic, sorry. I just wanted to toss that one in there.
                      For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                      http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Splash is actually in really good shape and IMHO does not need a refurb of any kind at this time. Resources should be devoted to rides that need it like Indy.
                        Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
                          'More realistic' animatronics, on fuzzy AA rabbits, foxes, bears, toads, etc., that are based on cartoon characters, seems mostly pointless to me. I like the animatronics the way they are, because they seem kinda' like advanced parts of an elaborate pop-up book, and we're reading the story as we travel through it. Making the AA's, in this kind of ride, too realistic doesn't seem to fit.
                          As an animator you think about the realness of pretty much anything. Just as in talking animals, obviously they can't talk but if they could, how to make it look believable, that's what more realistic means. You are right, it does seem like advanced pop ups from a book, but I think with more realistic AA's it would feel more like we are living in their world rather than just observing it.

And yes!! I would like to see new AA's on the ride. Same characters, but new AA's.

Comment

Originally posted by wettham1783 View Post
                            Splash is actually in really good shape and IMHO does not need a refurb of any kind at this time. Resources should be devoted to rides that need it like Indy.
                            I don't even think Indy needs it so much as others, to tell you the truth. The indy AAs aren't as in bad a condition as, say, Rivers of America's. I think even other rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, and Matterhorn need upgrades more badly than Indy. Indy still has great effects to make it a great experience. It's not perfect right now, but I'd rather they fix up attractions that need upgrading than just waste money on small, unneccesary additions to Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                              I don't even think Indy needs it so much as others, to tell you the truth. The indy AAs aren't as in bad a condition as, say, Rivers of America's. I think even other rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, and Matterhorn need upgrades more badly than Indy. Indy still has great effects to make it a great experience. It's not perfect right now, but I'd rather they fix up attractions that need upgrading than just waste money on small, unneccesary additions to Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure.
                              1. Jungle Cruise- Had a major refurb back in 2005 to add in the pirahnna scene and redo the camp scene. But I would like to see some updates of sorts take place.

2. Big Thunder Mountain- It's in great shape to me. I don't think it'll need a major refurb for a while.

3. Matterhorn- I would like it if they actually updated the bobsleds vehicles themselves. Inspect and fix anything else like the tracks. For the fantasyland side, add a third Harold after the splash to make it even more scary (the last ghost on Space Mountain ghost galaxy gave me the idea.)

4.Tiki Room- Already had a much needed overhaul before the 50th began

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                              Indy Ride Count: 2211
                              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Splash just had a major refurbishment a little over a year ago. I think you mean an upgrade (or tampering, depending on how one looks at it ) of what's already there. Splash is already great the way it is and I'd rather see the powers that be spend their money and time on parts of DL that could really use the attention like Pooh or most of Tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by wettham1783 View Post
                                  It used to be every attraction had a small downtime each year.

Splash has a few things to re-work for sure.

Comment

Keep the classics. It would feel wrong if they got replaced.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
                                      I was talking about another large drop
                                      Oh, okay! that'd be cool! =D

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                      1. Jungle Cruise- Had a major refurb back in 2005 to add in the pirahnna scene and redo the camp scene. But I would like to see some updates of sorts take place.

2. Big Thunder Mountain- It's in great shape to me. I don't think it'll need a major refurb for a while.

3. Matterhorn- I would like it if they actually updated the bobsleds vehicles themselves. Inspect and fix anything else like the tracks. For the fantasyland side, add a third Harold after the splash to make it even more scary (the last ghost on Space Mountain ghost galaxy gave me the idea.)

4.Tiki Room- Already had a much needed overhaul before the 50th began
                                      1. I know, but I just think it needs updated AAs more than Splash, thought I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere, like Tomorrowland or something.
                                      2. Like above. I think a goat or other animal update couldn't hurt, though it's not necessary right now.
                                      3. Yeah, that would be cool! I wish they'd update Harold a little, too. I like how he's not too scary or complex, but I think he could use a bit of updating. Right now, it's not really necessary though
                                      4. Like with Jungle Cruise, thechnology has evolved more since then, of course, and updated AA birds coudln't hurt, but it would be better to use the money in other areas of the park. Still, I think the AAs are in just as good a shape as Splash or Indy, and it isn't necessary for an upgrade right now

Comment

I think they should enhance the movements most of the anthro animal critters with more fluid movements. They can replace them too with a new one that looks much of the same from the old ones.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                        Save
                                        Sav

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X