Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your views on a Splash Mountain refurb?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aladdin
    replied
    Re: What are your views on a Splash Mountain refurb?

AA's are good. What needs to be changed out are the logs! They need to be replaced with the previous version that didn't drench you 80% of the time. The current logs are the sole reason why Splash Mt dropped from #1 to #9 on my top 10 Disneyland ride list.

Leave a comment:

• Helios77
    replied

I vote they add a loop. lol

Leave a comment:

• rollrcostrfrk807
    replied

i like the ride just how it is. i would like them to fix the animatronics that they have, so that those frogs don't have to stare at me with the drooping eye. i don't know what happened but when you have smiling, singing animals with one eye looking at you and the other one looking down, it kinda creeps me out.

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

I think it's fine, but wouldn't mind/care for some new animatronics!

Leave a comment:

• 4Apples4Disney
    replied

I have video from last year that has one of the AA's totally bent at the waist, but still moving, kind of. It was funny. My daughter was asking why that birdie was bent over. Hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    There are allready 3 drops on the ride, aren't there? =o I haven't been on it in a while, though. Or are you talking about another large drop?
    5... technically.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Just add the Country Bears to the ride in addition to the American Sings Robots.

Leave a comment:

• LangenFox
    replied

I think they should enhance the movements most of the anthro animal critters with more fluid movements. They can replace them too with a new one that looks much of the same from the old ones.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I was talking about another large drop
    Oh, okay! that'd be cool! =D

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    1. Jungle Cruise- Had a major refurb back in 2005 to add in the pirahnna scene and redo the camp scene. But I would like to see some updates of sorts take place.

2. Big Thunder Mountain- It's in great shape to me. I don't think it'll need a major refurb for a while.

3. Matterhorn- I would like it if they actually updated the bobsleds vehicles themselves. Inspect and fix anything else like the tracks. For the fantasyland side, add a third Harold after the splash to make it even more scary (the last ghost on Space Mountain ghost galaxy gave me the idea.)

4.Tiki Room- Already had a much needed overhaul before the 50th began
    1. I know, but I just think it needs updated AAs more than Splash, thought I'd rather see the money spent elsewhere, like Tomorrowland or something.
    2. Like above. I think a goat or other animal update couldn't hurt, though it's not necessary right now.
    3. Yeah, that would be cool! I wish they'd update Harold a little, too. I like how he's not too scary or complex, but I think he could use a bit of updating. Right now, it's not really necessary though
    4. Like with Jungle Cruise, thechnology has evolved more since then, of course, and updated AA birds coudln't hurt, but it would be better to use the money in other areas of the park. Still, I think the AAs are in just as good a shape as Splash or Indy, and it isn't necessary for an upgrade right now

Leave a comment:

• astrologic
    replied

Keep the classics. It would feel wrong if they got replaced.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Originally posted by wettham1783 View Post
    Splash is actually in really good shape and IMHO does not need a refurb of any kind at this time. Resources should be devoted to rides that need it like Indy.
    It used to be every attraction had a small downtime each year.

Splash has a few things to re-work for sure.

Leave a comment:

• vfire
    replied

Splash just had a major refurbishment a little over a year ago. I think you mean an upgrade (or tampering, depending on how one looks at it ) of what's already there. Splash is already great the way it is and I'd rather see the powers that be spend their money and time on parts of DL that could really use the attention like Pooh or most of Tomorrowland.

Leave a comment:

• The Forbidden Eye
    replied

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    I don't even think Indy needs it so much as others, to tell you the truth. The indy AAs aren't as in bad a condition as, say, Rivers of America's. I think even other rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, and Matterhorn need upgrades more badly than Indy. Indy still has great effects to make it a great experience. It's not perfect right now, but I'd rather they fix up attractions that need upgrading than just waste money on small, unneccesary additions to Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure.
    1. Jungle Cruise- Had a major refurb back in 2005 to add in the pirahnna scene and redo the camp scene. But I would like to see some updates of sorts take place.

2. Big Thunder Mountain- It's in great shape to me. I don't think it'll need a major refurb for a while.

3. Matterhorn- I would like it if they actually updated the bobsleds vehicles themselves. Inspect and fix anything else like the tracks. For the fantasyland side, add a third Harold after the splash to make it even more scary (the last ghost on Space Mountain ghost galaxy gave me the idea.)

4.Tiki Room- Already had a much needed overhaul before the 50th began

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by wettham1783 View Post
    Splash is actually in really good shape and IMHO does not need a refurb of any kind at this time. Resources should be devoted to rides that need it like Indy.
    I don't even think Indy needs it so much as others, to tell you the truth. The indy AAs aren't as in bad a condition as, say, Rivers of America's. I think even other rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, and Matterhorn need upgrades more badly than Indy. Indy still has great effects to make it a great experience. It's not perfect right now, but I'd rather they fix up attractions that need upgrading than just waste money on small, unneccesary additions to Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure.

Leave a comment:

• Eternal Disney
    replied

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    'More realistic' animatronics, on fuzzy AA rabbits, foxes, bears, toads, etc., that are based on cartoon characters, seems mostly pointless to me. I like the animatronics the way they are, because they seem kinda' like advanced parts of an elaborate pop-up book, and we're reading the story as we travel through it. Making the AA's, in this kind of ride, too realistic doesn't seem to fit.
    As an animator you think about the realness of pretty much anything. Just as in talking animals, obviously they can't talk but if they could, how to make it look believable, that's what more realistic means. You are right, it does seem like advanced pop ups from a book, but I think with more realistic AA's it would feel more like we are living in their world rather than just observing it.

And yes!! I would like to see new AA's on the ride. Same characters, but new AA's.

Leave a comment:

• wettham1783
    replied

Leave a comment:

• leopardchucks
    replied

I voted to 'keep the classics'. Although I would not mind some existing characters to move a lot more fluidly, I would hate to see any of the AAs taken out and replaced with something different. How about they add some smells? Like a sweet sugary smell permeating the area with all the bee hives and such? I always thought as many senses as possible should be stimulated on rides.

Off topic, sorry. I just wanted to toss that one in there.

Leave a comment:

• The Forbidden Eye
    replied

Wait a second, didn't Splash Mountain just had a major refurb last year? I'm okay with the AA's since it's a little/big tribute to America Sings. But if they had to replace them with new AA's, I would be okay with it.

Leave a comment:

• BiggestDisneyFan
    replied

'More realistic' animatronics, on fuzzy AA rabbits, foxes, bears, toads, etc., that are based on cartoon characters, seems mostly pointless to me. I like the animatronics the way they are, because they seem kinda' like advanced parts of an elaborate pop-up book, and we're reading the story as we travel through it. Making the AA's, in this kind of ride, too realistic doesn't seem to fit.

Leave a comment:

• royaldisneyfan
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I like the ride too much to remove all the current AAs. I'd love better motions, new charaters but not at the price of tampering with a classic.
    Agreed. Would love some new AAs, but keep all the classics!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X