This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Unnerving spot in pirates

Ok so the part at the very end where the three pirates are and your about to go up the lift does that unnerve anyone? Or is me and my dad the only one?
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Re: Unnerving spot in pirates

Im sorry for being dumb but, what do you mean by unnerve?
    Dude..

Comment

what i mean by unnerve it just makes u feel kinda nervous here is the definition

to make feel weak, nervous, etc.
      So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

I am a little slow today, sorry haha. Well, when I was younger it did make me nervous, all the noises and the guns pointing at my and then shooting the fog stuff out really scared me. It is a little nerve racking, but not so much anymore.
        Dude..

Comment

rly????? ive been on that ride a ton and it still freaks me out!!! lolz its oki its sunday

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

I was glad to have the ride over at that point. Enough of the threats and terrors: two splashdowns, dark tunnels, creepy voices, skeleton pirates, cannons and explosions in the water, pirate's foot dangling over your head, fire everywhere, barrels of explosives with a pirate shooting a gun at it, blinking eyes in the darkness. One nightmare after another. And yet the Haunted Mansion devolves into a musical comedy. When I was a kid, Pirates was far scarier than the Haunted Mansion.

Comment

i love the ride but i just HATE the guns pointing at u!!!!!!!!!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

When I was a kid, the only parts that freaked me out were the waterfalls. I was never afraid or nervous about the AAs...I was also never afraid of clowns or Furry characters, but a lot of children are.
                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

When I was a kid I only wanted to go on the ride for the waterfalls drops. After that I was bored. The part I hated as a child was the burning scene...especially where it looks like beams could fall on the boat.

The ride does not make me nervous anymore, but parts of it still are very boring. I have been known to fall asleep on that ride.

Comment

Having been around real guns my whole life long, I find the gun scene sort of humorous.

Probably because it's so obvious that they're not real. I'm also likely studying the details of the scene as well. It seems like I notice something new every time I ride it.

Rob

Comment

I think this was mentioned in another thread, but the only thing that really bothers me about this segment of the ride is the fact that most times, the boat will sit there for what sees like 3545742168968+ minutes! I start to get really fidgety around then.

Comment

I get nervous going up the ramp, that the boat might not make it.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I'll start reading your posts once you use proper spelling and punctuation.

Comment

Well, at that point, you're right below the CM bathroom. Maybe that has something to do w/ it.
                            Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                            Charter Member

Comment

As a child, the part right after the jail scene where the room was falling apart from the fire was a lot more unnerving with the teetering logs above your head.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                wow. that's pretty rude

The waterfall/lift creeps me out as well. As yoyoflamingo said, halfway up the ramp I feel like the boat isn't going to make it all the way up.
                                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

As a child I never found the end of pirates unnerving....except maybe the sad realization that the adventure was almost over.

Now, as an old man(ok, I am 42, some will think that ancient and others will still refer to me as a kid) who played way too much hockey in his youth the end of the ride is quite unnerving.....knowing I am going to be slammed into by the boat behind me hurts just thinking about it.

Why do they say you have to be free of neck and back problems on easy rides like Screamin and Space when it's really Small World and Pirates that beat you up???
                                  Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I usually don't get too nervious on rides like POTC. I'm too busy looking how all the effects are done. I will actually attempt to get up a bit to see where a light is coming from.

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                    Yay! Grammar police on a Disney forum! :yea:

Comment

I love this ride!!!! Can't wait only a few days and we will be there!!!:yea::clap::yea::captain:

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                                        Why do they say you have to be free of neck and back problems on easy rides like Screamin and Space when it's really Small World and Pirates that beat you up???
                                        I took my Mom on Small World a couple weeks ago (she's 91 and in a wheelchair). We waited for the boat with the platform for the wheelchair. It was just her and me on the boat. Even though the chair is all strapped down and didn't move at all, the boat still bangs against the sides of the channel frequently, and other boats can run into you or you could rear-end the boat in front of you. It was not fun for her - she was hanging on with an alarmed look the whole time.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X