Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

    After riding Ghost Galaxy for the first time yesterday (we found it awesome, by the way), my sister and I have the following impressions of its horrific star (pun intended):

    * "Ghost Galaxy" is a description of what he is--the ghost of an extinct galaxy from the dawn of the Universe, which is why he looks like a shapeshifting nebula/collection of stellar prominences and there are no visible stars around.

    * He's not exactly evil, just violently territorial, like a wolverine. He's not quite sapient, which precludes any sort of moral sense. He operates purely on the instinct to destroy anything that invades his territory.

    * Inside his mouth is a black hole, which holds him together. Otherwise, being eaten by him would be no big deal, because it would just be like flying into a dense nebula.


    Quite possibly, we are overthinking things.
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

  • #2
    Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

    lol nice theories
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

    AEROSMITH FTWW!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

      I, myself, get the impression that he's not territorial, just has fun chasing us. I think if he was territorial, he'd easily "eat" us It seems like he's just having fun with us in the afterlife, scaring us, etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

        I've always wondered why they made him gurgle like a monster, but screech like a cat.
        Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
        www.twitter.com/BCC4321



        Ask me Anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

          i cant rly say anything cuz i havent been on it yet .. hoping to go on it next week tho! those who have gone on it tho is it fun scary scary scary or terifying scary?

          back OT.
          wow ive never heard of a teritorial ghost before lol and yes i think he likes to play tag from what ive heard
          So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

          AEROSMITH FTWW!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

            I rode it for the first time about 6 hours ago and it is definitly fun scary!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

              I thought he was just trying to give us Directions...
              Happy Halloween!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                i cant rly say anything cuz i havent been on it yet .. hoping to go on it next week tho! those who have gone on it tho is it fun scary scary scary or terifying scary?

                back OT.
                wow ive never heard of a teritorial ghost before lol and yes i think he likes to play tag from what ive heard
                It depnds on how easily you can get scared. I was on it last night for the second time and I was still scared, but not as scared as the first time (the final ghost will still catch me off-guard!)

                As for the ghost, here is my back story:

                The crew onboard Space Station 77 detected a strange occurence in space and investigate it (This can tie in with Space mountain closing to put the overlay in) When they find the source (the ghost) all heck breaks loose. Causing disturbances in their survallnce cam in the loading area and the constant attacks on the exterior of the space station. Still thinking it's not a big threat, they resume normal space travels, which turn out to be a mistake as the ghost is attacking the rockets throughout the whole ride. The final encounter with the ghost after the photo-op could mean that the ghost has reached the barrier and can't pursue you any further but still leaves a haunting presence on the rocket (hence the ominous sounds that play on the speakers before you start the ride).

                Thats how I interpet the story of Ghost Galaxy.


                The world is a treasure trove of places.
                The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                Indy Ride Count: 2211
                World of Color Count: 74

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                  ^ That's a good story, because the story Disney puts out makes you the person investigating the part of space thats haunted. However, your story keeps the Tommorrowland theme about future space travel while still creating a fun experience

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                    Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    I thought he was just trying to give us Directions...
                    lol! that's perfect!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                      Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                      ^ That's a good story, because the story Disney puts out makes you the person investigating the part of space thats haunted. However, your story keeps the Tommorrowland theme about future space travel while still creating a fun experience
                      Thank you! I had no idea I was that imaginative!

                      Yeah, I made that story based on the observations I made the past two times I've been in there.


                      The world is a treasure trove of places.
                      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                      Indy Ride Count: 2211
                      World of Color Count: 74

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                        Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                        ^ That's a good story, because the story Disney puts out makes you the person investigating the part of space thats haunted. However, your story keeps the Tommorrowland theme about future space travel while still creating a fun experience
                        What is the full story Disney put out for Ghost Galaxy and where did they publish it?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                          For those of us that dont get a chance to see the ghost ~ anybody got a pic?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                            Those are some awesome theories and stories.. I wish I was creative enough to think up one..

                            I just saw it as some ghost following us around throughout the ride.. it was a good Halloween addition to Space Mountain.. :-)


                            DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                              Definitely well thought theories, must sound true.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                                Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                I thought he was just trying to give us Directions...
                                :lol:):lol:
                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Theories About "Bob" the Space Mountain Ghost

                                  Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                                  As for the ghost, here is my back story:

                                  The crew onboard Space Station 77 detected a strange occurence in space and investigate it (This can tie in with Space mountain closing to put the overlay in) When they find the source (the ghost) all heck breaks loose. Causing disturbances in their survallnce cam in the loading area and the constant attacks on the exterior of the space station. Still thinking it's not a big threat, they resume normal space travels, which turn out to be a mistake as the ghost is attacking the rockets throughout the whole ride. The final encounter with the ghost after the photo-op could mean that the ghost has reached the barrier and can't pursue you any further but still leaves a haunting presence on the rocket (hence the ominous sounds that play on the speakers before you start the ride).
                                  i love this! this is what i'll be thinking of when i ride it from here on out!

                                  Comment

                                  Get Away Today Footer

                                  Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X