This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irrational park fears...

Im scared of AA's..... idk i always thnk they r gna come to life or somethin. I cant even walk through a wax museum without feeling all paranoid lol

Comment

For some reason I used to be terrified of the Bottomless Pit inside Injun Joe's cave. I once dropped a coin down there and didn't here a plunk so for the longest time I thought that the pit really was bottmless or at least a few hundred feet deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
        We took my nephews and niece to Disneyland in 2003, and one nephew was 8, one 4 and the niece was 3. We went to the line for Pirates of the Caribbean but my 4-year-old nephew balked, he refused to go on it because he was certain that there were live pirates in it that would kidnap him. We spent about 5 minutes talking to him and telling him it was all fake, nothing bad could happen to him but he still would not get in the line. I was ready to pass on it but his mother made him get in the line, and we basically had to drag him through the queue. It was kind of embarassing. When we finally got in the building and he saw the people on the boats who were just finishing their ride, he calmed down and when we were on the first part of the ride, through the bayou, he was fine. But as soon as we went down the first drop, he got of his seat and laid down on the bottom of the boat, face down, and stayed that way for the rest of the ride. I talked to him several times, encouraging him to look up at all the stuff to see, but he wouldn't budge. His clothes were wet in the front, but he seemed OK as soon as we got outside again. I think we scarred him for life with regards to that attraction.
        So "Disneyland" is now a form of child abuse?

Comment

We took my nephews and niece to Disneyland in 2003, and one nephew was 8, one 4 and the niece was 3. We went to the line for Pirates of the Caribbean but my 4-year-old nephew balked, he refused to go on it because he was certain that there were live pirates in it that would kidnap him. We spent about 5 minutes talking to him and telling him it was all fake, nothing bad could happen to him but he still would not get in the line. I was ready to pass on it but his mother made him get in the line, and we basically had to drag him through the queue. It was kind of embarassing. When we finally got in the building and he saw the people on the boats who were just finishing their ride, he calmed down and when we were on the first part of the ride, through the bayou, he was fine. But as soon as we went down the first drop, he got of his seat and laid down on the bottom of the boat, face down, and stayed that way for the rest of the ride. I talked to him several times, encouraging him to look up at all the stuff to see, but he wouldn't budge. His clothes were wet in the front, but he seemed OK as soon as we got outside again. I think we scarred him for life with regards to that attraction.
          ouch! one of the saddest stories i've ever heard!
          -plagued

Comment

I'm 23 and I still won't ride Tower of Terror.

Comment

when i was 8 we went to wdw and my dad and younger brother wanted to go on Space Mountain and i adamantly refused. my mom and i decided to go on the people mover. we got in line and i believe at the time the lines for both rides were right next to each other. i seriously thought they had tricked me and that we were in line for space and i didn't not believe them (they very well could've been tricking me) so i threw the BIGGEST tantrum of my life. we're talking on teh floor screaming and kicking. needless to say i didn't have to ride the ride. we went back when i was 16 and i LOVED space mountain and still do. who knew, lol
              sigpic

Comment

I am terrified of the Subs. If i focus on the Nemo projections, I'll be fine, but looking out into the water just creeps me out. I have a fear of open water, I don't know why. I am afraid that if the subs break down we'd have to swim to the station, and I get very uneasy swimming in the ocean, as I feel something might pull me under.

Comment

The only thing I remember being afraid of when I was a kid was the natives in the Jungle Cruise. I so thought they were real and the skipper was actually killing them. I thought I was going to get an arrow through my head or something.

That and getting wet by that elephant in the water...no so much scared of it, just didn't want to get all wet.

Comment

When I was younger I was convinced that if I said in a public place (DL, malls, grocery stores, etc.) that I would get locked in and be forced to spend the night.

The idea of spending the night in DL is terrifying to me even still. Today my husband suggested that we spend our anniversary at the Monteray Aquarium. Apparently they have a thing where you can spend the night inside the aquarium? ummmm. no.

I am still too scared to go on Haunted Mansion. It makes me uncomfortable.
                    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

The same thing happened to me when I was 4 on my first trip. I was 15 before I could go on POTC again and I still get a little creeped out. It's the talking skull. Yikes!
                      To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

I'm afraid Murphy the dragon's head's gonna fall off and crush me. O.O

Comment

stilt walkers....

Comment

For years I've been afraid to go on Pinocchio's Daring Adventure because I'll have too much fun and turn into a "donkey" and be put to work in the mines and never come out.

I wonder if Walt meant it as a joke on what happens to park guests.
                            Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

Comment

I have a sprinkling of rational and irrational fears:

I personally have a fear of falling. I hate the sensation of my stomach coming up in my throat over a drop. I grit my teeth and brace myself every time I ride pOTC and I can't even handle SM. I can barely tolerate BTMRR. Rationally I know that I'm safe but it scares the bejeusus out of me and the one time I went on SM I was literally hyperventilating after the big drop.

Also, characters freak me out. They made me scream bloody murder when I was little and they still make me nervous. I just can't forget that it's really a person inside that suit.

Fun story, my cousin Brian went to Disneyland for the first time when he was like 5 and his parent took him into the Tiki Room. The birds scared the crap out of him. None of the family ever lets him forget that he ran out of the room and away from those terrifying birds. hehehehe.......
                              sigpic
                              I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

I used to be scared of the Yeti on the Matterhorn and would close my eyes the ENTIRE ride... then there is Bugs Life 3d... to this day I am terrified of it. I dont know why but I just am lol.

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

I’m petrified of snakes, and rats/mice. When I first went to DL I was 8 or 9 and cried through the entire Honey I Shrunk the Audience show, and to this day haven’t been on it and now I’m 18 I know it’s not real but they are my biggest fear EVER. Never again it was the worst thing ever, and I don’t remember it, all I remember is the rats and snake. Haha. Also when I go on Indiana Jones I have to sit in the middle or to the left so im not by the snake! J

Comment

When I was riding Mulholland Madness I kept thinking about the Big Thunder incident... and how it seemed really "rickety" like a cheap carnival ride... I was picturing the car coming off the track (due to poor maintenance or something) and throwing us ~40 feet down onto our heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolcemiele View Post
                                      I'm 23 and I still won't ride Tower of Terror.
                                      Eh, I don't really like dropping rides either. I'd like to see all the rest of the ride leading up to that, but without the drop.

Comment

When I was young 5-8 maybe, I really didn't like the Jungle Cruise, mostly that gun shot. Rode it tonight, that cap gun is still surprisingly loud.

I was terrified of the coasters, seemed really dangerous and figured that I would get sick. When I was maybe 10, I was forced to ride Space Mountain one time during an AP event where they were running it with the lights on. I was cured and "saw the light" I love all of the coasters at DLR now. I actually want to ride it with the lights on again, it was really cool seeing all that metal stuffed into that room.

Even got scared on my first ride on the People Mover when we went into that super speed tunnel, until my aunt told me to look at the ground next to the car, we weren't going very fast after all, and I was able to chill and enjoy the ride. I still miss that ride.

The Skyway was unnerving the first few times, being way up in the air in a bucket with a little cable holding you there. After that it was a great way to jump to the other side of the park.

Seems that once someone explains the mechanics of what's going on I'm good to go.

Comment

Aidee - I didn't realize that HISTA has been there that long. I keep thinking it was just a few years ago that they closed down Captain EO, I guess my years are starting to blur together.

I was on Mulholland Madness today, seemingly friendly little ride packs in some thrills, and knock on wood, no spills.

I agree with FlyBono24 and Dolcemiele, not a fan of the drop rides.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X