This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irrational park fears...

I pretty much close my eyes on the matterhorn the whole time...the yeti terrifies me. I also look away when monstro comes out on the pinochio ride. Yup, I'm in my 30's and I still am afraid of things.

Comment

Yeah that gunshot ruins the Jungle Cruise when you're a kid. After the gunshots you spend the rest of the ride cowering in fear that they're going to fire that damned gun again. Of course what's a Disneyland ride without some sort of engineered peril. Disney has made a whole science out of scaring kids to death, both on rides and in their films with the menacing villains.

When I was a kid I loved spinning rides and was scared of roller coasters. Now it's the opposite - roller coasters are fun and I can't handle spinning rides like the teacups any more.

Comment

I can't stand the lifts on any ride; feeling like I'm falling backwards is the worst! I also don't like big drops. Splash was a once-in-a-lifetime deal; I've been, now I won't ever go again. I rode Space twice, and should have kept my promise to keep it to once; not a good ride!! A lot of my problem on Space Mountain is being in the dark...I feel like I'm flipping upside down just standing in a dark room, so being on a coaster in the dark is disasterous! I won't go on ToT, Maliboomer, or Sreamin'. I went on Mullholland Madness once; it was enough. I also don't like being jerked around, like on Indy. The visuals on Indy, the queue and theming, are all fantastic, but I will do my best not to ride it ever again!

I love the Matterhorn, but I swear I have a new fear every time I get off the ride. My latest observation was the sideways wheels; how easily could those just pop off the tracks?!?! I'm a worst-case scenario kinda girl. :unsure:

Comment

my disneyland resort fears::
          + i dont like to ride haunted mansion by myself. i can ride the haunted mansion holiday alone, but not the regular one- it just makes me feel uneasy.
          + i will never ride snow white by myself ever again. the witch is freaky. and she's so CLOSE to you throughout the ride!
          + actually, ditto that for pinocchio and mr. toads for the same reason. [everything scary in the fantasyland rides is so CLOSE to you, haha!]
          + splash mountain and grizzly rapids. i just have a 'thing' about rides where you get wet. it grosses me out. [potc is exempt from this- and i dont know why, LOL!]
          + finding nemo submarines. claustrophobia anxiety!

Comment

As a kid at the end of Alice in Wonderland decending the leaf in a zigzag I was sure the vehicle was going to go off and crash, I never outwardly reacted, but I was inwardly terrified.

This has been covered in other threads, but at the end of Pirates before the lift those dang pirates pointing and shooting at me still bugs me today.

The old sub ride and the first moment I see the serpents tail and the body is getting larger and larger, I knew it was fake but there was something about that scene I felt very deep under water and, until I saw the serpent's head, I felt vulnerable.
            sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Disney Price's becoming Overwhelmingly hi ! AH Its already here! RUN!

Comment

I HATE when the darts get blown at you and the rats on Indiana Jones. I avoid that ride because of that... especially the darts.

I also get freaked out by Soarin' Over California because I hate heights. I went on it last time and was freaking out the whole time thinking about how I was going to live through the whole ride.

When I was a kid once I went on POTC and had a really bad leg cramp (probably from walking around all day and then finally getting to sit). I thought I got shot by a pirate so I didn't go on that ride for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                  Up until I was about eight, I refused to ride any of the roller coasters. I knew they must be safe, because people rode them all the time and nothing bad happened, but I thought they would be scary rides and I didn't want to be scared. It's especially weird considering that I was never scared of anything else at Disneyland--not the characters, not the drops on Pirates, not the Wicked Witch on SWSA, not the HM ghosts, none of that stuff. I loved it all.

I can't remember which roller coaster was the first one my parents managed to talk me into riding, but I do remember that I had a great time and wanted to ride them all from then on. I also remember that my sister had the same problem, and I convinced her to try Big Thunder by telling her about all the animals on it.
                  I probably didn't go on a roller coaster until I was like 10. I was the biggest wuss kid ever. My first was Big Thunder and I was forced on it because my neighbors took me to Disneyland and no one would watch me while the others went on the ride - everybody but me wanted to go on it. I remember crying the whole time while in line that I didn't want to go on it, but once I went on it I had fun and wanted to go again.

Then there was Space Mountain. That was a different trip and I probably didn't go on that until I was like 12. I was totally freaked out by it because I didn't know what to expect. You can't see how it is unless you go on it. I remember once waiting probably an hour in line with a friend only to chicken out at the very end. I ran for the exit. Once I finally went on it, a few trips later, I loved the ride.

Comment

For some reason I always thought that when a ride was done the Castmember would send me again...Idk I was very afraid of that when I was little. It would happen mostly on HM and POTC. I was also very afraid of The Night on Bald mountain scene from Fantasmic! It would freak the hell outta me!

Comment

Originally posted by karebear286 View Post
                      ok i was talking to a friend a couple days ago about random stuff we are are afraid that we dont think we should be, and after hearing her I was like ok im not alone. The irrational fear we both shared was the old hag in the Snow white ride actually coming alive and grabbing us. She creepy. I also shut my eyes on indy because of the snake... in fear it will get me. She close her eyes on mansion right before the bride for the rest of the ride...as do i but i feel im worse because i make people sit 3 to a doombuggy with me in the middle because im after of being on the end. We know none of its real but we cant figure why we feel that way. Can anyone explain it? Anyone else care to share if they have any?
                      Snow White is fun, but the whole ride is creepy (the forest scene and the witch)

I still creep out in HM only b/c of the Live actor (in the Knight suit) that use to be in there. I will never forget that.
                      Quote by Al:
                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

i remember as a kid i was scared of pirates because of all the guns and stuff, i was afraid they were gonna shoot me

then also when i first Indy and they said not to look in the forbidden eye, i had my eyes shut that whole time, and i was also afraid in the queue of stepping on the eyes cause i thought i would trip a booby trap
                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBono24 View Post
                          When I was riding Mulholland Madness I kept thinking about the Big Thunder incident... and how it seemed really "rickety" like a cheap carnival ride... I was picturing the car coming off the track (due to poor maintenance or something) and throwing us ~40 feet down onto our heads.
                          I just dislike Mullholland b/c you can't see the track and when you turn it looks like you will fall off
                          Plus it does look like a cheap ride
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

I used to be terrified by Indy, but I'm fine on it now. Besides that, I've always hated roller coasters, so I've only just recently been able to ride Space Mountain. Also, last time I went (about a week ago), was the first time I had ever been on Soarin'. I actually kind of enjoyed it, though. Minus the whole going upside-down thing. :P Also, Mickey's Sun Wheel freaks me out. Ferris wheels and I don't get along...
                            "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Comment

oh it's funny, my dad is scared of heights, but he loves soarin over california

me and my brother were hanging on to that loop for dear life, while my dad was just enjoying himself

Comment

Originally posted by serviceelevator View Post
                                I was also very afraid of The Night on Bald mountain scene from Fantasmic! It would freak the hell outta me!
                                I remember when I was 9 and FANTASMIC! first came out in 1992. I was sick and watched it with my parents. The dragon (Bucky) scared me to death. I really thought that dragon was real and would kill us all. I was soooo happy when Mickey killed her, he was my hero that night. lol

But to be honest, F! would probably be scary for a young child that doesn't quite "get it." With all the pyro, special effects and loud noise especially (even the fireworks "bang" still scare me). Now with Murphy, she looks so much more real. So I'm glad I'm over that....:shy:

Comment

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                                  But to be honest, F! would probably be scary for a young child that doesn't quite "get it." With all the pyro, special effects and loud noise especially (even the fireworks "bang" still scare me).

Oh, no doubt there. Fireworks scared me to death as a kid. Way too noisy...
                                  "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Comment

For me:
                                    I'd get REALLY scared when we went to Hell on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I thought we might not be able to go back.

I used to be so scared of the "drop" on Pirates... once I cried all the way from getting in the boat until the first drop.

I wasn't ever really scared of the Haunted Mansion, until my friend who worked at security showed me this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnjibWcbV2o]YouTube - Ghost hangs around Disneyland[/ame]

My girlfriend is scared of:
                                    The "darts" from Indiana Jones. I laugh at her for that, but I have my irrational fears, so I can't laugh too much.

Also the Yeti scares her so much.

I also was VERY scared when I took my three-year-old niece on Matterhorn. It's really bumpy and she's the exact height of the minimum height!

Comment

Originally posted by LaTruce View Post
                                      For me:
                                      I'd get REALLY scared when we went to Hell on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I thought we might not be able to go back.

I used to be so scared of the "drop" on Pirates... once I cried all the way from getting in the boat until the first drop.

I wasn't ever really scared of the Haunted Mansion, until my friend who worked at security showed me this video YouTube - Ghost hangs around Disneyland

My girlfriend is scared of:
                                      The "darts" from Indiana Jones. I laugh at her for that, but I have my irrational fears, so I can't laugh too much.

Also the Yeti scares her so much.

I also was VERY scared when I took my three-year-old niece on Matterhorn. It's really bumpy and she's the exact height of the minimum height!
                                      The video (as mentioned before in a thread awhile ago) seems very staged.
                                      Quote by Al:
                                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Ten years ago, when I was 5, I went on HISTA. I was convinced that I was bitten by the 'rats'. Having a cut at the back of my right foot upon exiting didn't help at all. Since then and until very recently, I have sat abnormally in 3d theatres (I never let by legs touch the floor). I also never returned to HISTA until last year because of that. Let's see how I fare with EO...
                                        Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                                        I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

well there's also like a video that debunks all those ghosts stuff, they say the screens are just old and it's just the lighting

but if i hadn't seen that video, then this video would scare the heck out of me

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X