X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneytwins
    replied
    Re: Irrational park fears...

As long as there is no clowns, I'm fine.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Skipper
    replied

Originally posted by DizneyMonstro View Post
    as a kid i was TERRIFIED of monstro in pinochio...it still kinda bothers me everytime i ride it. lol.

That use to scare the crap out of me too, i always closed my eyes and covered my ears. doesnt bother me now
    Last edited by Jungle Skipper; 01-09-2010, 10:24 PM. Reason: misspelling

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Skipper
    replied

I refuse to go on Mickey's fun wheel. I am terrified of ferris wheels.... but chairlifts and things like the sky buckets dont... go figure...

Leave a comment:

• Auroraflame
    replied

When I was but a young shy child, I got picked to draw the sword out of the stone in that ceremony/show they used to have. For some reason, the Merlin really creeped me out, and I've been afraid of Merlin ever since.

True story. :botox:

Leave a comment:

• sunrider
    replied

I always get startled by the old hag in snow white..lol since my first visit almost 30 years ago, and it still does it to me, i know shes not real but its that childhood fear that keeps coming back to me,and the yeti still makes me jump a little.. its not so much the yeti..as the loud thundering roar that does it....

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied

I don't like being dropped. At all.

Even POTC, though if you look back, they're only about 5 or 6 feet, I still don't like it.

It's not heights, it doesn't bother me one bit to get in a bucket truck and work on power lines or ballfield lights more than 100' up, even swaying in the wind; I just don't like the sensation of falling.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• 413x
    replied

I'm another one who can't go on Pirates due to the first drop. After that It's all fun and games and I even enjoy the second drop but it's just that f'ng first drop...
    Fear of heights has made me not ride TOT, Splash Mountain, Maliboomer, Screamin over California and Big thunder. But also I can't stand roller coasters and the death toll on Big Thunder doesn't help any. But the fear hasn't hit me on Soarin'...in fact I like waving my feet on the ride. XD

I'm an odd person...

Leave a comment:

• Kasey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Serious irrational fears are not fun. Luckily, I haven't really had to deal with much of that in the parks, but I do have experience with them elsewhere. (I did get similar sorts of feelings as a kid, as I'm sure most of us did. I knew the abominable snowman was a robot, for instance, but I was still scared of him.) All I've got to say is...safe, methodical desensitization is your friend!
    Yes, Harold was my biggest fear until I was around ten. Just hearing that menacing roar while passing by the mountain was enough to send shivers up my spine.

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
    I used to be scared of the Yeti on the Matterhorn and would close my eyes the ENTIRE ride... then there is Bugs Life 3d... to this day I am terrified of it. I dont know why but I just am lol.

~babs
    Same here!

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    The video (as mentioned before in a thread awhile ago) seems very staged.
    Pretty obvious, but it's fun.

Leave a comment:

• PerformerInWaiting
    replied

im also terrified of the old hag on snow white and haunted mansion the graveyard scene always freaks me out so i close my eyes before the bride too

Leave a comment:

• disneyfann121
    replied

Whenever I go, I have a fear that I won't be able to return to the park for a long time...

Leave a comment:

• musakman5150
    replied

When I was a child I would always close my eyes when I saw the train comming at me on MTWR, I realy thought a train was going to hit us, I still get that pit of your stomach feeling every time I get to that part, ohh and I still close my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• DubiousEndeavors
    replied

Originally posted by DizneyMonstro View Post
    as a kid i was TERRIFIED of monstro in pinochio...it still kinda bothers me everytime i ride it. lol.
    ME TOO! I even had to close my eyes when i saw it on my A Day At Disneyland VHS!

I had a reucrurring (sp?) dream that i fell out of the back of the Splash log and drowned, thus keeping me from riding it until i was about 13 years old.
    I didnt go on the log ride at Knott's either!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIzz
    replied

Originally posted by Swellpixiegirl View Post
    I can't stand the lifts on any ride; feeling like I'm falling backwards is the worst! I also don't like big drops. Splash was a once-in-a-lifetime deal; I've been, now I won't ever go again. I rode Space twice, and should have kept my promise to keep it to once; not a good ride!! A lot of my problem on Space Mountain is being in the dark...I feel like I'm flipping upside down just standing in a dark room, so being on a coaster in the dark is disasterous! I won't go on ToT, Maliboomer, or Sreamin'. I went on Mullholland Madness once; it was enough. I also don't like being jerked around, like on Indy. The visuals on Indy, the queue and theming, are all fantastic, but I will do my best not to ride it ever again!

I love the Matterhorn, but I swear I have a new fear every time I get off the ride. My latest observation was the sideways wheels; how easily could those just pop off the tracks?!?! I'm a worst-case scenario kinda girl. :unsure:
    My fears are so similar!! I'm pretty good with drops, however I can't stand lift hills on most rides! Just the idea of it stopping there makes me feel sick!! I'm hoping to ride every ride in both parks on my next trip in a few months, with the exception of the Maliboomer, meaning I'll need to get over my fear, something i still havent worked out how to do!

It's gotten to the point where I'll often get nervous going up escalators with the fear I might fall backwards! My issue with heights isn't too bad, and I'm okay going down drops like Splash, but when it comes to going up...I'm gone!
    Wish there was something i could do to help this!!

Leave a comment:

• oMar9chivas
    replied

Oh man as a little kid I was huge hassle when we went to theme parks because I was scared of all the rides and especially of any characters lol. Well when I was around 3 I went to Disneyland with my dad and I threw up on I believe Baloos feet :blush:lmao!!! Yeah thats how scared i was.)
    Other things that scared was riding HM during the regular season and going through the cemetery scene i would always close my eyes lol and the part on Rodger Rabbit when one of the weasels is spraying some sort of acid i would always put my head down.

Leave a comment:

• NDNation
    replied

I love Big Thunder, but I must admit that I tense up a little every time the train heads into the ill-fated tunnel right before the second lift hill.

Leave a comment:

• Alex E
    replied

I used to have so many... But I eventually began facing my fears and Disneyland is a lot more fun to me as a result.

Now I have none. Although I still haven't ridden the Maliboomer yet. :/

Leave a comment:

• DizneyMonstro
    replied

Originally posted by Chrys View Post
    I pretty much close my eyes on the matterhorn the whole time...the yeti terrifies me. I also look away when monstro comes out on the pinochio ride. Yup, I'm in my 30's and I still am afraid of things.

Leave a comment:

• NDNation
    replied

As a kid, I always sunk low in the boat on Pirates at the very end when the AA's are shooting at each other across the river as you pass by. I knew it was fake, but I was always a little leery that somehow real bullets would come shooting at me.

Leave a comment:

• NDNation
    replied

Originally posted by vfire View Post
    You were probably more sensitive to noise as a child. My 5-year-old is the same way with the gun on Cruise. It's not the gun, it's the loud noise. He anticipates when it's coming and claps his hands over his ears tightly. I don't think it's irrational, he's just sensitive to loud noises. I think many kids are.
    Spot on. Children have keener hearing at certain frequencies and start to lose this ability around age 4 or 5 through pre-adolescence. Hearing then plateaus until late adulthood when it starts to decline again.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X