This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irrational park fears...

I still worry about an earthquake while I'm on Pirates! I will ride it but sometimes I have to make an effort to not get freaked out. Now I have a new fear... bugs on the dark water rides. Just picked that one up from another thread! LOL

My bug phobia continues with it's tough to be a bug in DCA. I went to that show once and I doubt I will return! LOL

Comment

When I first went. (in 06) I was afraid to go on the Columbia because I heard about the accident years earlier.

Comment

I'm afraid the ticket prices will go up again two more times in 2010.
        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Going on Mickey's Fun Wheel in California Adventure, I have a fear of it tilting over and falling into the pier. My irrational fear comes from the thought of me moving the wrong way, shifting my weight to the wrong-side causing the attraction to literally go tumbling over, that's my irrational fear. I've been on the ride once and believe me I tried my best not to move the whole time I was on it.
          "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
            I'm afraid the ticket prices will go up again two more times in 2010.
            LOL That doesn't seem to be an irrational fear!

Comment

Im afraid of a few things:
              Not so much anymore but when I was little maybe 6 or 7 and the skipper on Jungle Cruise would say the hippos would sink the boat I believed them. Until I was about 15 I would not step foot onto that ride until I was forced to one day.

On Bugs Life 3D I will not go and watch it. I dont know what it is but when I was like 6 or 7 my mom took me on it and I was freaked out....I started Crying and screaming. I think she scared me for life because to this day I will not go on it.

Comment

I've heard of people who are scared of clowns, balloons, and Pizza...
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfreak101 View Post
                  Im afraid of a few things:
                  Not so much anymore but when I was little maybe 6 or 7 and the skipper on Jungle Cruise would say the hippos would sink the boat I believed them. Until I was about 15 I would not step foot onto that ride until I was forced to one day.

On Bugs Life 3D I will not go and watch it. I dont know what it is but when I was like 6 or 7 my mom took me on it and I was freaked out....I started Crying and screaming. I think she scared me for life because to this day I will not go on it.

I wouldn't go on Bug's Life 3D either so you ain't the only one
                  Disneyland: the best place to go to if you have the brain to do so.

Comment

when I was a kid, I had no qualms about going on Pirates, Big Thunder, Space Mountain (they were some of my favorites!) and when I was finally tall enough to go on Indy that became an instant favorite too. But for the longest time my parents had to drag me on Haunted Mansion - I was absolutely terrified! I refused to sit anywhere but in the middle secure between my mom and my older sister as well as close my eyes the entire time. I eventually got over that fear though and now its one of my favorites.
                    But the one time I remember being really scared was when I was about 8 or 9, and my dad had tried to get me to get a photo with the Beast - when you're that small, Beast looked HUGE. I refused to go anywhere near him, and that was that XD Today I'm pretty ok with everything, though the Hag on Snow White and Stromboli on Pinocchio still kinda freak me out XD

Comment

Haunted Mansion is my favorite ride, but I first rode it when I was 11 (at WDW too) because on the Sing-a-Long tape of Disneyland they have "Grim-Grinning-Ghosts" at the Haunted Mansion with the monster trees from Snow White (I think?) dancing with the Disney villains. Those trees freaked me out SO MUCH that I wouldn't ride HM because I thought the trees were part of the ride!

Comment

I'm kinda scared of the audio-animatronics. Knowing that under the mask there's just those eyes and mouth, and robotic parts.

Comment

Terrified of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...y_Coachman.jpg

The Coachman! I hated this segment of Pinocchio. Freaked me out as a kid! If I see him in the parks, I might break down and cry and/or flee to my laughin' place.

I also hate costume characters when they try and interact with you. I guess I don't have the magic to see the character, but a 20 something year old trying to awkwardly interact with me. lol

I also hate being in a theme park when it's empty. I just don't like it. It doesn't feel right.

one hundred and one

Comment

I am scared of Tigger!!!! He freaks me out!!! I get chills every time I see him!!!! And I try not to make eye contact with him.
                            Originally posted by MainStreetJake
                            Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
                            Originally posted by williamtheking
                            Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the for it!
                            Mike Skellington
                            My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

Comment

When I was 6, I went for my first time into HISTA. I became horribly afraid of things crawling over me because of those rats. I've honestly never been back in that thing since that day. And every other ride out there that has the crawling affect makes me lift up my legs. Indiana Jones, A Bugs Life, Revenge Of The Mummy The Ride (USH) etc. Always lift up my legs . . . -____-
                              Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Comment

This is kind of ironic because scotchtape posted before me, but i have always been creeped out by the Cheshire Cat. OMG!!! That thing scares me all the time at the end of Alice In Wonderland ride, and the one from the new movie looks even creepier. And i heard that in one of the mirrors n the Mad Hatter store, the Cheschire Cat appears every once in a while.

Comment

OMG I am so sorry your scared of the coachman imagineer scott
                                  because I kinda look like him only with black hair and glasses. (only I really am a nice guy im just scary on stage) and as for kids with sensitve hearing its good that they are senstive to loud noise because I have sensitive hearing and use it to my advantige in music and if you have kids that have sensitive hearing I suggest you get them into music.
                                  My personal fears as a kid was clowns. I dont know why entierly but I was. And even though I rode almost all the rides there was in 1990 and 1993 I was scared of all AAs and it started with the log ride at knotts. If I saw aas it was cry and close my eyes. By the time I was 6 or so I rode it all and loved all rides however now I am scared of... Rides breaking on me and I die and the thought of a submarine breaking down terrifys me I also hate free falls
                                  I am Scary Scott,
                                  Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                                  I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                                  Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                                  Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                                  Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                                  Originally posted by Karalora
                                  This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                                  Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                                  Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Mine is anything with heights and falling so TOT is out even though I have done Screamin and Soaring and Splash. Mickey's Fun Wheel is one of my worst because I'm afraid to move and fall out and then I worry about what will happen if we get stuck way up on the top, especially with my kids.

Comment

My biggest irrational fear at the park is on the big drop at Splash Mountain, I am going to fall out of the log! Some people like that thrilling feeling, but it really makes me anxious and scared. I don't know, maybe that is some what rational.

My completely irrational fear in Pirates is that something in the water will reach up and grab me, so I always try and squish in away from the side as far as I can, lol!
                                      Yaye!

Comment

i have an irrational fear of Balloons. Dont know why, but i've had it since i was a little girl. i sweat, cry, my heart races, i have trouble breathing, its horrible. So, you can only imagine what happens when i see the giant balloon carrying person coming at me. I just put my head down, and cross the street.

i also hate the fireworks. Not the show, but the boom boom of the Fireworks. You'll know its me at Disneyland, because i've either got in headphones, or i've got my ears plugged with my fingers. I'm 53 LOL
                                        Last edited by DebiDeb; 01-11-2010, 08:10 AM.
                                        if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning

Comment

• Re: Irrational park fears...

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                          Terrified of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...y_Coachman.jpg

The Coachman! I hated this segment of Pinocchio. Freaked me out as a kid! If I see him in the parks, I might break down and cry and/or flee to my laughin' place.

I also hate costume characters when they try and interact with you. I guess I don't have the magic to see the character, but a 20 something year old trying to awkwardly interact with me. lol

I also hate being in a theme park when it's empty. I just don't like it. It doesn't feel right.
                                          I have trouble with the characters too. I just can't seem to get over the fact that there is a total stranger, that I can't see, hugging me etc...

I know what you mean about an empty park. A few years ago we are at the MK in WDW at closing. I was the only person in this huge bathroom and there was this sound effect of stitch scurrying around and telling me it was time to go. From that moment on I decided never to go into one of those bathrooms alone.
                                          Last edited by Fortune Cookie; 01-11-2010, 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X