Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I never spotted that before...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I can't believe I never spotted that before...

Just this past weekend, I finally took a good look at the gold railing on the main parapet of Sleeping Beauty Castle and noticed the cursive "WD" in the center. I'm almost embarrassed never to have seen it before because I'm normally very observant about things like that.

Of course, one of the great things about Disneyland is the way it still has the capacity to surprise you no matter how many times you go there.

What details have you missed for years and then finally noticed one day?
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Re: I can't believe I never spotted that before...

In the Haunted Mansion. From the outside the roof is squared off, but when you come out of the attic you are right next to a section of roof that is at an almost 45 degree angle.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

Comment

Originally posted by longears View Post
      In the Haunted Mansion. From the outside the roof is squared off, but when you come out of the attic you are right next to a section of roof that is at an almost 45 degree angle.
      Yeah, there's a significant mismatch between the Greek Revival architecture of the actual exterior and the mansard roof with numerous dormers seen outside the attic.

Comment

Last month, I noticed something in POTC. Right as you're leaving the ship fortress/cannon scene, and about to enter the room with Carlos in the well, if you look up towards the left, you see the silhouettes of pirates sword-fighting projected onto the walls. Never noticed that before, ever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Karalora;1055606755]Just this past weekend, I finally took a good look at the gold railing on the main parapet of Sleeping Beauty Castle and noticed the cursive "WD" in the center. QUOTE]

The 'D' is quite clear, but I'm not sure about the 'W.'
          and...

silhouettes of pirates sword-fighting projected onto the walls

That was part of the Depp make-over as I recall.
          As for myself, I most recently noticed in the final turn before boarding Peter Pan that one of the lantern holders is the good Captain's own hook!
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
            The 'D' is quite clear, but I'm not sure about the 'W.'
            Having just looked at an excellent photo, you're right. I was looking from an oblique angle and it was nighttime, and the combination of curlicues and shadows seemed to make a W next to the D.

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post

silhouettes of pirates sword-fighting projected onto the walls

That was part of the Depp make-over as I recall.
              As for myself, I most recently noticed in the final turn before boarding Peter Pan that one of the lantern holders is the good Captain's own hook!
              That proection was there before then.
              I never nticed that it's Captain hook's hook though! Cool!
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                That proection was there before then.
                I never nticed that it's Captain hook's hook though! Cool!
                Sometimes the projection is hard to make out, which could account for the fact people don't notice it. Sometimes it comes across more of a blur than actual action.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

i've probably noticed them, but i never really appreciated those little bronze status around the "Partners" statue in the Hub until just recently!
                  -plagued

Comment

We need pictures of the castle and Hook's hook...PLEASE!!!
                    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
                    - Skipper Mike

Comment

Here's the hook.

Comment

^never seen that before cool.
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

On my last trip I noticed Alice in the Alice in Wonderland ride for my first time. I never knew she was in the ride before.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                            Just this past weekend, I finally took a good look at the gold railing on the main parapet of Sleeping Beauty Castle and noticed the cursive "WD" in the center. I'm almost embarrassed never to have seen it before because I'm normally very observant about things like that.

Of course, one of the great things about Disneyland is the way it still has the capacity to surprise you no matter how many times you go there.

What details have you missed for years and then finally noticed one day?
                            This is a good tread: First I have to check out what you share of
                            "WD"parapet of Sleeping Beauty Castle ....For I never seen that before myself
                            something look forward to next trip..........
                            2nd
                            We the people so busy just seeing the "Big" pictures of things ,that we end up missing the "Little" picture of things and that so sad....
                            I not chatting just about Disney /Disneyland, but over all of " Life"!
                            Thank You for shareing your Adventure......
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

the pirates shiloutte has been there forever, before jack sparrow came in

Comment

Originally posted by Madame_Leota View Post
                                On my last trip I noticed Alice in the Alice in Wonderland ride for my first time. I never knew she was in the ride before.
                                wow how did I miss this...what part of the ride is she in?
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I just noticed that the gas street lights on main street are really gas...not flickering electric lightbulbs...Thats cool detail...
                                  Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                                  Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                    I don't remember exactly where she is, but she's kind of down and to the right of you. I think she was in the garden, but I'm probably totally wrong. Someone else here can probably remember better than I can, I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Madame_Leota View Post
                                      I don't remember exactly where she is, but she's kind of down and to the right of you. I think she was in the garden, but I'm probably totally wrong. Someone else here can probably remember better than I can, I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple years.
                                      Yes, she is down to the right as you are leaving the garden/singing flower scene. She is just standing there in the shadows... I am not sure why she is there? I just noticed her myself recently!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                        AFter the flowers in the "Golden Afternoon" you will see the hookah smoking caterpillar. Look behind you and to the right and there she is!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X