This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Youngsters on the Matterhorn

My daughter is 3 and loves it but closes her eyes when passing harold. She loves it and asks to go on it all the time. She is actually more frightened of snow whites....she does not like the Queen. Funny thing when we were recently in england she wanted nothing to do with the Queen, we shortly figured out why.

Comment

I took each of my sons on the Matterhorn when they were 2 1/2. Both loved it, and the younger one spent his entire first ride laughing. Personally, I felt totally secure with him belted in and one arm around him- I was even comfortable enough to use my other hand to catch it on video. At that age neither of my boys was scared of the Yeti at all- the older one became somewhat scared of the Yeti at around 4, but still enjoys the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
        My son, The Babito rode both Gadget's Go-Coaster and the Matterhorn as soon as he was 35 inches and loved them both. Now, the Matterhorn always has to be our first ride of the day.
        AWESOME!!! Caden is such a big boy that I don't think that he would be to scared. He loves to be thrown around by his dad.
        Jennifer
        http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
        Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this; but if you do decide on taking him; try to fantasyland side 1st (the slow side). I hope I was some help =D

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
            I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this; but if you do decide on taking him; try to fantasyland side 1st (the slow side). I hope I was some help =D

THAT IS TOTALLY THE PLAN!!! We might be going tonight. We are going to the trick or Treat at DCA... but since they extended Park hours til Midnight at DL, i think we are going to try it out.

I will let you all know how it turns out.
            Jennifer
            Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

I was scared to ride the Matterhorn until I was around 12 or so...Prehaps I was a ninny? I don't think at 2 they get it, they probably feel the rush but have no idea what just happened.
              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
                THAT IS TOTALLY THE PLAN!!! We might be going tonight. We are going to the trick or Treat at DCA... but since they extended Park hours til Midnight at DL, i think we are going to try it out.

I will let you all know how it turns out.
                Soooo? Where's Caden's first-matterhorn-ride Trip Report?! Enquiring minds want to know! Did he love it or what?!
                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                  Soooo? Where's Caden's first-matterhorn-ride Trip Report?! Enquiring minds want to know! Did he love it or what?!
                  I went over there on Thursday but only the Tomorrowland side was open. and the line was REALLY LONG. So I decided to wait till his birthday on 11.11.09 to take him on it. We will be in the park all day.
                  Jennifer

Comment

^^^Darn! Next time! I'm sure he'll love it. He sounds like a daredevil! The 11th? I'll be there exactly one week later for my b-day! Yeah!!! I can't wait!
                    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

I think they understand. After my little brother had been on Matterhorn the first time, when he was a little less than two, he got home and saw my Abominable Snowman collectible figure. He said, "It's the snowman! It's the snowman!" (When we first got off the ride, he said, "I liked the rawrasaur!", which is what he says about any monster-like thing, so we told him it was an abominable snowman.) and then he made a roaring noise while he played with it. I still haven't gotten it back, and he also took a Disneyland souvenir book with Matterhorn pictures, and he always gives it to me and tells me to open it up to the "bobsled" page so he can see the "scary snowman". I find it hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                        My son cried after the first time on a roller coaster (Space).
                        I asked him if it was too scarry.
                        "No" he cried, it wasn't long enough..!
                        so funny, thanks for the giggle!!! ) My grandson said the same thing his first time on SM.

Comment

SO I finally took Caden on the MAtterhorn... sorry that it took so long to do so. I didn't want to take him at night.. But, we went and he was fine all thru the line but once we got to the bobsled (on the fantasyland side)... he got scared. I got him in and settled and he was very scared. But I got him on and he held on to me the whole time.

But when we got off he he said was AGAIN AGAIN... and GREAT JOB CADEN... He was very happy with himself and I am so happy for him. Such a big boy I have.. I will try to take him on that again in a few months or so... we shall see.
                          Jennifer

Comment

My grand girl is 8 now and loves the Matterhorn. BUT, she was around 3 the first time we took her on it and it terrified her when the Yeti roared and then showed up. It took her until last year to get over it and try to ride again. She was always, ' No Yeti! No Yeti!' Now she loves it and Big Thunder. Not up to Screamin' yet!
                            sigpic
                            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

ok so i remember the first time we took my little brother to disneyland

he was a very tall lad so he wasn't even questioned of his height

anyways, when he was four, we took him on everything. space, matterhorn, screamin', indy, yeah basically all except splash cause it was late november.

the next time, he was 7, and refused to go on everything! ok well not everything just most of the big rides, so me and my mom went on space, screamin, and ToT (it wasn't there last time) and my brother and my dad went on BLAB at least 10 times, and that was just during the magic morning hour!

now thanks to youtube, i convinced my now 11 year old brother to go on everything! so we'll see what happens next week

then i have my own story but it's not as interesting. scared of like six flags status rollercoaster until i went on one in discovery kingdom and now i love rollercoasters, but i haven't been to six flags magic mountain
                              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X