Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Disneyland Resort President Named(Merged Threads)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Disneyland Resort President Named(Merged Threads)

Well said, Vashsky666. People need to relax and see what's going to happen. I'm sure the new prez has made mistakes in the past, but maybe he's learned from them and will be a great leader. Maybe he'll be a total disaster. We just don't know. Let's give him a chance to prove himself before we tear him a new one.

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post

Look I'm not trying to offend any of you guys but seriously lay off him a tad would ya? Save the good left hand punch for the second round at least when he actually does something! I'm sorry I had to be the one who said it but you guys need to cool off and consider the fact that he still has to do the things that will dictate his reputation HERE! Not back in 2000, not in Paris... HERE!

He's the president NOW, so we had to at least accept that and go into with a clear mind. Disneyland is a very different place now, and he's in a very different position then when he was here almost a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by peanutj View Post
      Well said, Vashsky666. People need to relax and see what's going to happen. I'm sure the new prez has made mistakes in the past, but maybe he's learned from them and will be a great leader. Maybe he'll be a total disaster. We just don't know. Let's give him a chance to prove himself before we tear him a new one.
      I agree, until then I will remain optimistic until something changes. So what timeframe defines a fair analyisis? The media gave Obama 100 days, do you think that this is a good method to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by Vashsky666 View Post
        Good lord the guy's been in the president's seat for what... A day? Maybe two? And some of you guys are already looking at him like some kind of Rasulo puppet or some kind of evil spawn between Paul and Cynthia! Creating nicknames like "special K" acting like you're so high and mighty in order to justify your own judgments of George Kalogridis. A man who, let's face it, you know nothing about! How childish...
        Since you don't know me, how do you know I don't know George?

And FWIW, the nickname "Special K" has been used by more than one individual, inside TWDC, for many years. Even though I wish I could claim credit for it, I cannot.

GK has been with Disney for decades, working in Anaheim, Orlando, and Paris. He has a lengthy employment record with TWDC; literally thousands of employees have worked for him, or at least interacted with him, and more importantly, been on the receiving end of his "executive decisions."

We are not "high and mighty" because we know the guy, end of story.

Do you know George Kalogridis? If not, then what gives you the right to criticize those who've worked for him or with him or even socialized with him?

Until you've walked in our shoes, you shouldn't be so quick to judge us.
        "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by peanutj View Post
          Well said, Vashsky666. People need to relax and see what's going to happen.
          On the contrary, I think people need to look at George's previous record as a Disney Parks executive, and talk to the people who've worked for him, and then make up their own minds.

It's not like George is a newhire from outside the Company, folks. He's got a long experience as a Disney Parks exec -- and the track record to go with it. Giving the guy a break is fine, but let's not pretend that he's a bright, shiny newbie, all fresh-scrubbed and eager to turn Disneyland into the premiere flagship of the Disney Parks line.

For folks who think a Disney Parks exec who gets promoted to President suddenly becomes a champion of Walt, WED and the fans... well, dream on. In the uber-political mosh pit of WDC, it doesn't work that way. If anything, they're more careful than ever to avoid stepping on the toes of their boss. And in this case, that's Jay.

Just sayin'.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Can he bring back a new main street Carnation Cafe? Get rid of the Bakery and the tasteless Ginger Bread Men that they bring out for Christmas. They used to sell a great Ginger Bread Man 4 or 5 years ago, but now I can get better outside the park. I miss the Carnation Cafe. It was a tradition in our family to meet there for years and I think that it was Pressler that got rid of. Probably not enough dollars per square foot being brought into Disney's coffers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
              Since you don't know me, how do you know I don't know George?

And FWIW, the nickname "Special K" has been used by more than one individual, inside TWDC, for many years. Even though I wish I could claim credit for it, I cannot.

GK has been with Disney for decades, working in Anaheim, Orlando, and Paris. He has a lengthy employment record with TWDC; literally thousands of employees have worked for him, or at least interacted with him, and more importantly, been on the receiving end of his "executive decisions."

We are not "high and mighty" because we know the guy, end of story.

Do you know George Kalogridis? If not, then what gives you the right to criticize those who've worked for him or with him or even socialized with him?

Until you've walked in our shoes, you shouldn't be so quick to judge us.
              Exactly.

I do know the man. I did see what went on at many of his career stops close up (well, not thaaaat close!)

And I'm not even 'tearing him a new one' as 666 suggested. I'm just putting out facts about his tenure at Disney, along with my opinions.

That's called being fair and balanced. Trust me, I could certainly take some personal shots at the man here if I wanted. I haven't. I won't.

I wish all the best. I want to see him succeed. I want to be singing his praises here in a year or two.

Hell, right now, I think he may be the best resort Prez Disney has worldwide (and yeah, that can be taken as a very backhanded compliment as the talent pool is more shallow than a puddle in the desert) ... he does his know his ops stuff, he does know Disney history and traditions and he even cares.

But the absurd gushing over him, especially by Al, is just very odd and misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                But the absurd gushing over him, especially by Al, is just very odd and misplaced.
                More than odd -- bizarre.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

I have to admit, I was kind of shocked when I read Al's update. Usually he saves that kind of glowing regard for John Lasseter or Matt Ouimet. Both are people who have gone to the mat repeatedly and publicly for the good of the company and who love the parks literally not just when the PR cameras are rolling. It's a little surreal because I've seen so many comments from people who are in the company saying that George is an opportunistic rat who weaseled his way out of getting sacked only to fail his way to the top. Usually those are just the sources that Al uses for his columns. Color me confused. I guess it's a wait and see game now.
                  sigpic
                  I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X