This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parade of Dreams

Apparently the Wonder parade was scrapped due to budget cuts in the entertainment dept. at Disneyland. That would explain the cheap piece of crap they like to call a "streetacular."

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
      Apparently the Wonder parade was scrapped due to budget cuts in the entertainment dept. at Disneyland. That would explain the cheap piece of crap they like to call a "streetacular."
      I find that highly likely. They've been cutting way too much from entertainment.

Comment

Terrible news, I hate the street party. "Well I do like the confetti mickey heads at the end" Thats all.

Comment

It would've been cool if Disney at least put some the floats on display at D23 as an entertainment sector of the P&R pavilion. It would have been a great way to see the parade one last time before they officially retired it.

On the bright side, MSEP might be back on Main street some time soon.

Comment

By far the best parade in disneyland. I am so sad to see it go!!!
            Jennifer
            http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
            Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY. Sorry, POD lovers, but it had a good run. I'd rather CASP run another year than to see that snoozefest return to the park.

Comment

Well to me POD didn't have it's full run. It was to last until the end of this year not last year. It didn't even had a last run in my book. They sould bring POD back out next year for a final run. I really hope we get a new parade next year I do not want to see Celebration again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY. Sorry, POD lovers, but it had a good run. I'd rather CASP run another year than to see that snoozefest return to the park.
                  Actually it had a sort of short run for what it was, and I'd rather have the high energy of Play Parade and the Elegance of PoD than two high energy parades/shows at once...

Comment

Originally posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
                    By far the best parade in disneyland. I am so sad to see it go!!!
                    I SECOND THAT!!!

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                    Terrible news, I hate the street party. "Well I do like the confetti mickey heads at the end" Thats all.
                    IMO, the confetti thing has already been overdone. First, "Celebrate" and then "Magical." It's a pain to clean up for custodial.

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                    Question...

We haven't heard a single thing about a new parade for next year in a long time. Is it even happening? I love Celebrate, but it's just not a parade.
                    Nope, "Celebrate: A Street Party!" has been extended another year into the 55th.

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                    I have heard that some of the floats will head to Walt Disney World has anyone else heard this too????
                    I heard that too, that WDW would use that for their parade for one of their anniversaries.

Comment

Noooo............
                      If celebrate is still going to run through a year...
                      I might rethinking renew my annual pass or not...

Comment

That totally bites, something is seriously wrong when we are the only Magic Kingdom park without a real parade. There in no real justification for this and it seems like a waste just to tear down the floats. I hope they keep the opening float, it's an important part of Disneyland history and the only float that truly had the spirit of the 50th. As for the other floats they could have given the castle float a winter makeover and made it part of A Christmas Fantasy, I think it would be better than having the princesses walking the streets. They also could have tried to change it to a Halloween parade. I still don't get why the PPP gets to play to a half empty park on half a parade route..TDA drives me nuts sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                          Many of the floats are in large shipping crates.
                          Not floats; only puppets, animatronics, and other decorative pieces are in crates.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanksRichard View Post
                            I have it on good authority that POD is officially over A friend's husband works in the current parade and said they've started tearing down the POD floats. Such a sad day!!!! When will Disney bring back a magical parade again with magical character and magical music?! RIP POD, RIP
                            They were actually destroyed about two weeks ago. Now only 2.5 floats remain (2 floats and half of another). The opening float was one of the first to be destroyed.

Comment

It really was one of the saddest summers in DL history, with no parade in DL and no dragon for Fantasmic! And not even Flotsam nor Jetski were in operation the week I was there this summer. Thankfully the dragon has been repaired and is operational, but that doesn't make up for the summer headliner going bust.

And as for the street party thing at DL, it's an ok extra, BUT it's NOT a Parade that DL guest Deserve, and Expect from DL entertainment. DL management really fingered their noses at all guests this summer by not offering a parade, all while the Fantasyland Theater and Festival arena remain empty. If it's a choice between current management and a 55th Anniversary parade, tell management to walk, while DL guests will take the parade. This will be the first real test of the new DL President, will he respect DL history, or will he just be a JR croney?

The electical parade changes were rather non eventful, even disappointing with the disappearance of the Blue Fairy, and the loss of Dumbo. The new additional of the 4 fairies that follow tinkerbell were poorly planned ~ why weren't they the characters from the movies, and why weren't they better lit? and the eight donkey boys with the returned Pinnochio float were horribly lit, too. And you know what, the Pinnochio float just isn't that great! Why didn't they bother adding one of the the newer classics. As for the additional Tinker-lighting thru the entire parade - It was just too much. If they were going to upgrade the parade, they should have done that, instead of just tacking on more lights. The updated Barouque Hoedown lost the original magic of the original, However the new fireworks on the Flag float did look nicer than before. But that was the only real improvement. Really they should have spent that money on updated the parade, not just tacking on extra lights, and adding a new score. This was really a disappointment, and after so many years of waiting for DL to wow us with an update, they came up with blah!
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

This is weird. This thread has made me feel so... Pessimistic.
                                I'm not used to feeling that way about Disney. I mean, I'm a huge fan of entertainment. I never spend a day at the resort without watching Play Parade and (sometimes) Celebrate.

But right now, I feel sad, disappointed, and am now starting to realize what a crummy year 2009 has been as far as entertainment goes. I spend a lot of this year getting ready for Worlds of Wonder, or maybe, just maybe even PoD again. But we're not getting either. We're just getting a rehash of what we got this year. I am seriously pretty surprised at how I feel right now. But when I think about everything we had between 2005 and 2008, and compare it to what we have now, (and what we're getting next year too) it just makes me feel cheated.

Comment

RIP POD. Hands down my favorite Disney parade ever....im 24 now and have been attending the park consistently since early childhood and throughout all the years, Parade of Dreams held a special place in my heart, cheesy, i know. BUt the parade had so much magic...the floats were great and the music just sold the show, i don't know why people think it over stayed its time....look at Walt Disney World and their, well not POD, but really POS parade....we were lucky. I miss waving to dutch puppet and can-can on the parade route. hi diddle dee dee an actors life for me, rip pod.

Comment

eh Parades are so short these days with the crappy showstops and all.

It's a real shame Disney didn't try to save the beginning and ending floats and sandwitch new parades between em.

WDW already has its decades old castle float to put on the end if they'd just gone through with their origional cost saving parade rotation scheme.
                                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

You know what Parade I would love to see again, just so it will bring back memories...Party Gras. I remember seeing pictures of it when I was a kid but.. I would actually like to see it.

POD COME BACK!!!! When I worked at DL (I worked in Fantasyland stores), you could always find me dancing to the songs. I loved that Parade so much. Im bummed that My son never got to experience it. Now we just settle for You Tube.
                                      Jennifer
                                      http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
                                      Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

no parades? wut? im going to walt disney world!

Comment

Originally posted by ThanksRichard View Post
                                          I have it on good authority that POD is officially over A friend's husband works in the current parade and said they've started tearing down the POD floats. Such a sad day!!!! When will Disney bring back a magical parade again with magical character and magical music?! RIP POD, RIP
                                          While the majority of the parade is done away with, two floats are being kept and refurbished to be used in the Christmas Fantasy Parade... but they wont debut until next year due to being a little too far behind schedule to make it out by this christmas season

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X