X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paradise Refill Begins today

Originally posted by h2opolodad View Post
    I don't think we will get that much rain, unfortunately.

Does anyone know why it takes 3 WEEKS to fill it up? That sure seems like an awfully long time...
    I think it's pretty much for the standard "test and adjust" phase for anything new.

Comment

And remember.....there is a lot of stuff to test!!!!!
      The Mur

Comment

OK I got a picture from a friend on twitter and as of right now.. Nothing!!!

thank you... www.twitter.com/tbhawkes

Jennifer
        http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
        Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

There was still nothing as of yesterday evening. Anything new today?
          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

I will be at DCA tonight. I will take a picture for you all to see.
            Jennifer
            Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
              I've heard it wont be filled up until it's full water line for another month or so, and that the water in the lagoon would also be clear for the next few months so it's easier for them to test the equipment, look for air leaks etc.

So I don't think there will be any blue dye in the lagoon for a while until all the kinks (if any) are worked out.
              I guess the water is so clear that we can't see it yet!! Lol. That is a good point though. I wonder what everything will look like from above the water....
              Can't wait for the concrete pit to be filled!!

Comment

Everyone check the Disney Park Blog. Today the faucets have been turned on it should take about a week it says.

Disney Parks Blog

edit: I can no longer find it on the blog it was on their this morning above the Disney wonder Article.
                For some reason it must have been taken off.
                Last edited by Disguy1955; 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM.
                "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Now I understand that "Blue Sky" means "No limits, nothing is a bad idea, everything is possible," along with "May never happen." But I prefer to define it this way: "Blue Sky = Hope." Unknown Author

Comment

GREAT news. I hated seeing the walls and piped Bay where a beautiful bay was at. I'll be there next weekend, hopefully the weather is nice, the walls are down, and the Bay is filled! Is it three weeks or one week?

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy1955 View Post
                    Everyone check the Disney Park Blog. Today the faucets have been turned on it should take about a week it says.

Disney Parks Blog

I see nothing on the blog that says its being filled. Care to direct me to it??

Comment

I can no longer find it on the blog now either. it was right above the disney Wonder Article it might have been taken off for some reason.
                      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Now I understand that "Blue Sky" means "No limits, nothing is a bad idea, everything is possible," along with "May never happen." But I prefer to define it this way: "Blue Sky = Hope." Unknown Author

Comment

No leaks please...

Timekeeper.
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I still believe we've got a while before it is filled, there are still empty footers sitting in the lagoon that have no structure on them yet. Plus a variety of other equipment in there as well that has yet to me moved or installed, so I still think we've got a while before we see water.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy1955 View Post
                            I can no longer find it on the blog now either. it was right above the disney Wonder Article it might have been taken off for some reason.

I clicked on the blog and it took me to the blog about the Bay being filled. Its said in about 3 days the bay will be half way full. So exciting!
                            Jennifer

Comment

I see it now!

It doesn't specifically say WHEN though. it just says "Soon" and that once it does start to fill it will take 3 days to be half full...

Comment

It'll be cool to see the Pier back again. It ties that land together, can't believe how much water has to be filled in for that to happen, a three week process just to get halfway, that's just crazy.
                                "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

Here is the link to the Disney Blog. Also a picture of the first test water cannon.

Soon Paradise Bay Will Begin Filling With Water For ‘World of Color’ Disney Parks Blog
                                  Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                                    I see it now!

It doesn't specifically say WHEN though. it just says "Soon" and that once it does start to fill it will take 3 days to be half full...
                                    YES. I just want to see some water. Half full is fine with me, I just want the walls down and the pipes and stuff covered up.

Can't wait to see it next week!

Comment

Can't wait to see water back in the bay.. and i'm so glad the wave machines will be working again!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GgFJiwDA2w]YouTube - Disneyland DCA Rockin Screamin Red & Blue Launch NE 4/18/07[/ame]
                                      - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison View Post
                                        It'll be cool to see the Pier back again. It ties that land together, can't believe how much water has to be filled in for that to happen, a three week process just to get halfway, that's just crazy.
                                        It's actually just three days, not weeks. Thats really fast.

Comment

Water!
                                          Water!
                                          Water!
                                          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X