X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paradise Refill Begins today

Originally posted by Cadensmama07 View Post
    I was posting th pics so everyone could see. Thats the most we have seen. No one has posted pics of the bay being filled on saturday... how do we know? I thought that people like to see the pics.
    People do like to see the pics, I just want more.

Comment

Thanks for posting those pics Candesmama07!

~Dex
      "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
      ~Finding Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
        Sorry, but I'm going to need to see more than that. That is exactly how that spot looked on Saturday.
        Rude

Comment

Originally posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
          Rude
          I don't think he's trying to be rude.....he's probably just skeptical because this has happened multiple times before - where someone will say that the bay is "supposed" to start being filled, and then nothing happens.

Granted, there is a bit of water in the bay, but like Ron said, there was about the same amount after the rain storm last week.
          sigpic
          "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Reeder View Post
            I don't think he's trying to be rude.....he's probably just skeptical because this has happened multiple times before - where someone will say that the bay is "supposed" to start being filled, and then nothing happens.

Granted, there is a bit of water in the bay, but like Ron said, there was about the same amount after the rain storm last week.

Exactly! I didn't attack Cadensmama07. I like Cadensmama07. But there was about that much water in that spot on Saturday and they weren't filling yet, so I would like to see more evidence that they are filling today before I get excited. It could be that they were testing the system on Saturday and are filling today, or maybe not. I would just like more evidence, like a larger flow of water or water filling the deepest part of the bay. I appreciate everybody trying to get the news out quickly, but there have been false reports before.

Comment

I was there Sat and thought "wow, they've got a lot of things to remove before they start filling this baby up." For one, there's a big scaffold around the former orange peel that has green screen around it. I would think they would remove that or raise it before filling. Is it gone?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                How about an update as to where the water is right now? The last pictures i've seen just seems like a water collection from the last rains we had in SoCal.
                Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                Where are they getting the water? Are they pumping it from Anaheims water supply? I remember reading an article about how "green" the empty and refill processes were and will be, but I cannot remember the specifics.
                The water being poured back into the lagoon is the same water they took out of it!

According to today's OC Register when Paradise Bay was drained that water was shipped to the Orange County Sanitation District in Fountain Valley where it was fed into pipes that lead to an underground aquifer in Anaheim. This water will be used to refill the lagoon and roughly 85% to 90% of the water returning to the lagoon is actually the water that was originally in it!

Apparently Disney has won an award from the State of California for this project. The most cost effective option would have been to dump this water into the ocean. After all this is a savings of about 16 million gallons!

Comment

Originally posted by shadylanestudio View Post
                  I was there Sat and thought "wow, they've got a lot of things to remove before they start filling this baby up." For one, there's a big scaffold around the former orange peel that has green screen around it. I would think they would remove that or raise it before filling. Is it gone?
                  That's on higher ground. They can fill the lagoon up half way for testing, then remove the scaffolding before they fill the bay completely.

I know the water is coming out of the aquifer (although, I thought that basically means ground water, so how they can tap into that, I don't understand), but where is it being pumped into the lagoon? Is it coming from the boat access area near the Screamin' launch or is it coming from the west side of the bay? I've heard both. Obviously, if the photo being circulated is correct, then they are filling it from the boat access area.

Comment

I read somewhere that it is being filled over by the Screamin' Launch area.

Comment

Its like were all watching Grass Grow.... lol

Loving Disney Since 2006!
                      Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky B View Post
                        I read somewhere that it is being filled over by the Screamin' Launch area.
                        Yeah, thats were those pictures are from. On Page 5 of this thread.
                        Jennifer
                        http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
                        Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

Groundwater Replinishment System Recharging Orange County’s Aquifer : CWEA | California Water Environment Association E-Bulletin

When they drained the bay, they sent the water through the Orange County Sanitation District to be filtered and purified and all that they do. Then OCSD sends the water on to the GWRS (Ground Water Replenishment System). An aquifer is a large body of water trapped between layers of rock and sediment underground. The GWRS system pumps the water back into the aquifer. The water being pumped back in is much cleaner than the water that's already there (which after many thousands of years in an aquifer is already pretty clean) so it's not harming anything at all. This aquifer is also where Orange County draws much of its water from through wells that tap into the aquifer system. So they are reclaiming waste water, purifying it and putting it back into the aquifer system to be used again later. It is a brilliant process and one I hope more cities start using.

Aquifer Wiki

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                            That's on higher ground. They can fill the lagoon up half way for testing, then remove the scaffolding before they fill the bay completely.

I know the water is coming out of the aquifer (although, I thought that basically means ground water, so how they can tap into that, I don't understand), but where is it being pumped into the lagoon? Is it coming from the boat access area near the Screamin' launch or is it coming from the west side of the bay? I've heard both. Obviously, if the photo being circulated is correct, then they are filling it from the boat access area.
                            Saturday these pylons needed something mounted on them. My guess is it would be tougher to do underwater. Any action on these babies?
                            Last edited by shadylanestudio; 10-21-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Saturday these pylons needed something mounted in them. My guess is it would be tougher to do underwater. Any action on these babies?
                              What pylons?

Comment

Saturday these pylons needed something mounted in them. My guess is it would be tougher to do underwater. Any action on these babies?
                                You also have to remember that they're not going to be filling the bay up entirely on the first run, so some of the equipment (including possibly the "mounts" in front of the stage) might not be under water, yet.
                                Last edited by Reeder; 10-21-2009, 01:21 PM.
                                sigpic
                                "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                                  What pylons?
                                  Sorry - took awhile to get the photo.

Comment

Sorry - took awhile to get the photo.

Yeah, those are a mystery. But as Reeder said, they'll only doing a partial fill initially. Plus it almost looks like whatever they bolt to those footers (footings ) can be done easily underwater. Who knows.

Comment

Ok I just word from Mouseplant that CM said that this water that was in the bay was staged... ARG!

Twitter / MousePlanet: A CM reader says todays "l ...
                                      Last edited by Villains Fan; 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM.
                                      Jennifer
                                      http://www.facebook.com/cadensmama
                                      Disneyland Cast Member - Class of 2006 - January 2006 - July 2006 Fanstasyland Stores Lead

Comment

Ok I just word from Mouseplant that CM said that this water that was in the bay was staged... ARG!

Seriously, Come on! Why would they do that? We just wants some water!

Thanks for the updates Cadensmama07!
                                        Last edited by Villains Fan; 10-21-2009, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Re: Paradise Refill Begins today

If it was staged it probably was to promote the fact that their water conservation efforts led them to win the Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award. Good job, Disney!
                                          Last edited by Villains Fan; 10-21-2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X