X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied
    Re: Paradise Refill Begins today

We are looking forward to seeing the lagoon all filled in. Russ and I will be at the Park on Sunday November 1st, Monday, and Tuesday. The last few times we have seen the empty lagoon, but could see the construction work going on. That, too, was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Darkbeer
    replied

Plenty at the links below.

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

Yes, please locals, take pity on us out of towners and give us the pictures!!

Leave a comment:

• ErinGoBragh
    replied

::bumping the thread:: ANY NEW PICS?
    I haven't been to the parks in a few weeks

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Bergman
    replied

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    So who else here is feeling as vain as I am and thinking that Disney made and put up this video just for us???
    Well, us and the other people watching how it goes...

And the unintentionally funny part is, that first valve that Mickey and Goofy tried? The 2" or 3" Copper line (can't quite tell...) that only put out a trickle? That's the one that's going to be running about 1/3 open 24/7 during the winter and about 3/4 open all summer long, just to make up for evaporation losses and leaks through the liner.

Oh, and try opening the black handwheel on the red gate valve after the blue backflow check valve, it'll work a whole lot better.

Someone will come by and look at a yardstick nailed to the wall for the water level every day, and turn the big valve wheel up or down a turn or two to trim the flow as needed.

--<< Bruce >>--

Leave a comment:

• rollrcostrfrk807
    replied

I was thinking that also. I don't know any other group of people who would watch that and find enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Didymus
    replied

So who else here is feeling as vain as I am and thinking that Disney made and put up this video just for us???

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

Thanks!! It was so cute. Can I just say that I really love the way they've been using the characters in commercials lately.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    I can't get it to play. It keeps stopping in the middle of it... argh.
    Here's another link:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho-CN6dKeJc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mickey Helps Fill Paradise Bay Lagoon for World of Color[/ame]

Source:
    http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...dise-more.html

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I found this cute video of Goofy and Mickey refilling the lagoon.
    Go to where it said Oct. 23rd
    INTERCOT's WebDisney - Guide To Disney On The Internet

I can't get it to play. It keeps stopping in the middle of it... argh.

Leave a comment:

• KEBSD
    replied

Originally posted by asianbma View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? Have you ever been to Las Vegas and watch the water show at BELLAGIO. Every single time, when the show is about to start, the fountain nozzles will be lifted out of the water just in time for the show.

They will not drain out the water. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.:lol:
    Haha, fair enough. Guess I shouldn't believe everything I hear

Leave a comment:

• kcnole
    replied

Ummmm..... That's not halfway. It's 10% to 20%, so far they have only filled the deep end. The deep end has a lot smaller surface area.

Besides, they will probably stop filling when it gets a bit higher - the Maintenance level without raising the platform - and start the testing, all they really need to start is enough water to cover the return inlets and prime the pumps. Once they are pretty sure everything works, then they'll fill it to the normal level and add in the Aquashade dye.

With the water low they can repair small problems things easier. Some of the effects probably need to be aimed and adjusted. And if they hit big problems (like a pipe blows) they won't have to totally drain the bay again. (They hope...)

Even if the water they drain out is eventually reclaimed and reused, it still costs money to pump it out to the sewers, run it through the wastewater treatment plant (add extra flocculant powder to capture and remove all the Aquashade) and pump it to the spreading basins for holding, and pump it back again.
    Yep, pretty much what I was trying to say earlier. You just said it better. There's a reason I'm not an author.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

^I don't think thats inappropriate but its getting close, and kinda outa nowhere.. haha

Leave a comment:

• Bexington
    replied

They will not drain out the water. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.:lol:
    the funniest thing i ever heard was a yo momma joke involving gravy and a broken leg

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

I found this cute video of Goofy and Mickey refilling the lagoon.
    Go to where it said Oct. 23rd
    INTERCOT's WebDisney - Guide To Disney On The Internet

Leave a comment:

• FI183
    replied

What the heck are you talking about? Have you ever been to Las Vegas and watch the water show at BELLAGIO. Every single time, when the show is about to start, the fountain nozzles will be lifted out of the water just in time for the show.

I was thinking the same thing. Draining the lagoon everynight for the show is just impractical and would be a useless and ruin a lot of the effects.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalbma
    replied

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
    I have heard that they will drain out some water to where the nozzles just show up from the water before the show starts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

There have been thousands of posts, blogs, and descriptions from Disney itself outlineing that the platform will use boyancy to "float" to its three positions, which it will lock into with three scissor lifts.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Bergman
    replied

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
    I have heard that they will drain out some water to where the nozzles just show up from the water before the show starts.
    Don't know where you heard that, but it's impractical - Where would they put the water? They would need another small lake to pump it to, and since we watched them scrape off the old parking lot to build DCA we know they didn't build one.

The whole WoC fountain platform is rigged to raise and lower, just like the fountains for Fantasmic! on the Rivers of America.

--<< Bruce >>--

Leave a comment:

• KEBSD
    replied

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
    ^Wait... what?

Anyway, I think the platform will rise to show position. Remember, there's three. One for during the day, one for the show, and one for maintainance. I'm guessing the show position will rise just enough to get the fountain nozzles at the surface, and maintainance level could be completely out of water.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X