• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WestsideCM99
    Banned User
    • May 2009

[Chat] Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Angels

So while this post may be a little premature I'm going to
    call the ANA vs. NY series with the Angels winning it in 5 for the ALCS. With that said, is there anybody excited that the Angels may make it to their second World Series and that we may finally have our freeway series against the Dodgers?

Also how do you see this affecting the DLR during this time? Do you think that they will throw the same support behind the Angels that they did in 2002 when hundreds of people congregated at DTD to watch the games on the porta-screen, or do you anticipate a more subdued atmosphere this time around. Also does anyone see the World Series affecting park attendance, and if so then how crowded do you think it will get?

P.S. Yes.. I know their new name is the LA Angels of Anaheim but I refuse to use Los Angeles and Anaheim in the same title for anything..

GO ANGELS!!
  • Mac Daddy
    Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jun 2005

Re: Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Angels

I'd love to see the Angels win it all as I'm a hard core fan of the ANAHEIM Angels. They threw a parade for Kobe and the Lakers, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the ANAHEIM Angels getting a parade....

Providing they get past those evil Yankees first. :razz:

And those pesky Dodgers... :whistling:

GO ANGELS!! :clap:

Comment

• Peace_N_Love
      I just wanna be happy = )
      • Feb 2009

I'm hoping for a game 5 win too. If I had the money to spare I would have spent $160 on ebay a few hrs. ago for a pair of nosebleed seats that are actually supposed to be only $36 each. I would love to see a World Series clinching game. But yeah, game 5, clinch at home, woohoo, go Angels. :yea: And it would be ridiculously awesome if they got the opportunity to crush the Dodgers' souls in the World (Freeway) Series. Too much? :blush:
      When it comes to what the DLR will do, I don't see it being the same as it was in 2002. At that time the team was still owned by Disney so it was understandable, and somewhat expected, that they would show support for the team. I'd be surprised if they acknowledged them much at all. But hey, they did do a 'lil something for the Lakers, during and after the Finals. So... (crossing fingers) an Angels victory parade on Main St. would be nice.
      Last edited by Peace_N_Love; 10-13-2009, 10:21 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Peace_N_Love
        I just wanna be happy = )
        • Feb 2009

I can see an Angels vs. Dodgers throw down going on in this thread. So to all you Dodger fans who will try and say "Well what if the Dodgers win?" "They can still get a parade." "If they did it for the Lakers they can do it for the Dodgers!" "Blah blah blah.", this is all I have to say to you.... :razz:. Don't even bother thinking about it 'cuz it ain't gonna happen. That's right I said it! What are you gonna do about it?
        Sorry WestsideCM99. If this thread starts to go completely :ot:... my bad.
        sigpic

Comment

• WestsideCM99
          Banned User
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Peace_N_Love View Post
          When it comes to what the DLR will do, I don't see it being the same as it was in 2002. At that time the team was still owned by Disney so it was understandable, and somewhat expected, that they would show support for the team.
          Exactly, this was my motivation for starting the thread, that and I was watching my 02' series DVD and was getting pumped up for the big show, hopefully.

In the 02' series I think that we learned that whether they are the California Angels or the LAAOA that Disneyland will forever be imbedded into the team's persona. The TBS announcers made a few references to Disneyland during the divisionals this year and in 2002 fox setup a few cameras in DTD and in Disneyland to show as background shots for their commercial breaks. ABC news heavily campaigned DTD as a general viewing location after ESPN zone reported that they were completely booked for the series. Lastly KCAL just pounded the resort into the heads of viewers during the regular season broadcasts while the team was owned by Disney.

So it has only been 7 years since the last championship, I think that this year Anaheim families will head to DTD to view the game by default based off the memories of 02'. Obviously those without kids can go to throwbacks, Danny K's, or D&Bs to watch but those people that want to take the kids to watch the games will probably head straight for DTD. I'm hoping that Disney will deliver and invest in this opportunity to get a viewing party out at the resort. It could mean a healthy boost in ticket sales and attendance too!

Comment

• Just Brian
            Nothing to see here!
            • Apr 2009

I don't see big support from Disney this time around, in 2002 Disney still owned the team. Disney sold to Arte Moreno in early 2003.

Comment

• WestsideCM99
              Banned User
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Peace_N_Love View Post
              I can see an Angels vs. Dodgers throw down going on in this thread. So to all you Dodger fans who will try and say "Well what if the Dodgers win?" "They can still get a parade." "If they did it for the Lakers they can do it for the Dodgers!" "Blah blah blah.", this is all I have to say to you.... :razz:. Don't even bother thinking about it 'cuz it ain't gonna happen. That's right I said it! What are you gonna do about it?
              Sorry WestsideCM99. If this thread starts to go completely :ot:... my bad.
              No worries, I predict the Angels over the Dodgers in 6 if they do make it to the WS, that is if the Dodgers can get past Philly this time around hahaha.

Comment

• WestsideCM99
                Banned User
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Just Brian View Post
                I don't see big support from Disney this time around, in 2002 Disney still owned the team. Disney sold to Arte Moreno in early 2003.
                I agree, but where do you think Anaheim residents are going to go then?

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2005

You can declare your loyalty here, and discuss all the playoffs.

As for any Disneyland parades, I'm sure that if either the Angels or Dodgers win they will have a parade at Disneyland. The Yankees or Phillies, maybe Disneyland, maybe WDW?

Comment

• NikNak
                    MiceChatter
                    • Oct 2008

I'd love to see a WS match-up between the Dodgers and Angels (I'm a Dodgers fan, btw). I wouldn't expect the Dodgers to get a parade at Disneyland if they were to win, though it would be fun. It seems more fitting for the Angels since they are in Anaheim.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X