Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Possible Solution to the Annual Passholder/Overcrowding Problem at Disneyland

Instead of doing paragraph after paragraph about where and why I came up with these ideas to the thread's title, I'm simply going to post the idea. Then we can all discuss.

Here are some key points as to how I'd change the A/P program to help the overcrowding issue at The Disneyland Resort:

• Remove the SoCal Select and SoCal annual passes option.
    • Make the Deluxe and Premium options the only available options to purchase.
    • Keep the monthly payment program as is - to SoCal residents only.
    • Give SoCal residents a 10% off discount to the Deluxe AP. ($289-$28.90=$260.10).
    • Give SoCal residents a 20% off discount to the Premium AP. ($429-$85.80=$343.20).
    • Blockout the following holidays to all tiers including Premium (Easter, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving Day).
    • Holiday blockout tickets would be available for purchase at a low rate of $25.00/person.
    • The holidays listed above would be the only days blocked for Premium AP holders.

Thoughts? What would you like to see changed/tweaked from my plan? What do you like best? What would you remove completely?

...Joe...
    Yes - I like all of them.
    17.78%
    No - I don't like any of them.
    17.78%
    I like some ideas, but I'd tweak some others. (Explained below.)
    42.22%
    I'd add more restrictions. (Explained below.)
    7.78%
    I'd loosen some of the restrictions. (Explained below.)
    3.33%
    Unsure/Thinking about it.
    2.22%
    I don't care/No opinion.
    2.22%
    Other. (Explained below.)
    6.67%

Re: Possible Solution to the Annual Passholder/Overcrowding Problem at Disneyland

im for anything that can reduce crowds.

Comment

Re: Possible Solution to the Annual Passholder/Overcrowding Problem at Disneyland

Aren't those holidays mostly locals at the parks?
      Why not just offer a 9-month pass that doesn't include Memorial Day to Labor Day?

Comment

Considering I get the Deluxe AP anyways, I'm all for making it the lowest tier.

Comment

Sounds pretty good at first blush. Just to clarify -- the holiday blockouts for premiums are only on the exact days of the holiday? I usually don't go on the day of anyway due to visiting family or some other plans, so I'd be cool with that. Everything else seems right as rain.
          My finger points.

Comment

• Remove the SoCal Select and SoCal annual passes option.
            • Make the Deluxe and Premium options the only available options to purchase.
            • Keep the monthly payment program as is - to SoCal residents only.
            • NO Blockout dates to the Premium its the top of the AP's for this reason, and carries the premium price tag.
            • Holiday blockout tickets would be available for purchase at a low rate of $25.00/person.

I got rid of the SoCal perks because that is what is causing all of the problems for the parks, too many locals are packing the parks. I hope that getting rid of all these perks will lessen the number of local pass holders. I like the lowering of block out date prices because that way any premium pass holders can then bring their deluxe friends without breaking the bank but still making it a one time deal for the year. I would definitely hope that they do not increase the price of the Premium any more because then it is nearly as much as WDW's price and you only get two parks.
            Thoughts on my thoughts?

Comment

I would create a three new passes that are good for any 24, 36 or 48 days of the year, (on day of activation would act like a normal parkhopper ticket). The catch being that you can only buy one pass per per person per calander year. All days must be used in a single calander year and unused days expire at the end of that year.
              No blackout days.
              No discounts, everyone will pay the same.
              Parking would be included, but as a voucher (one for each day of admission per pass) that would be handed in upon use.
              Both pass and parking voucher would be non-tranferable and photo ID would be required to use either.
              Last edited by longears; 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM. Reason: fix typos
              Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

Comment

I agree with removing the perks for SoCal residents. Even though I am one and would benefit.

If they REALLY want to make Disneyland a "resort", they have to stop catering to locals only. If your from out of town, spending THOUSANDS of dollars to come to Disneyland, and then your seeing discounts upon discounts being offered to locals (2-fer, SoCal AP's, Payment Plans, etc) and then you go into a park overcrowded with people who are there weekly ... your NOT going to come back.

We had a new poster talking about just this scenario earlier today.

Comment

How about charging everyone the same.....if a day at Disneyland is really worth $72.00 then it should cost everyone $72.00 to get into the park.
                  Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I like removing the two low level passes and dramatically increasing the price of the the Deluxe and Premium. I have always thought it was vastly underpriced for value particularly when you compare it to other passes such as a full ski season pass or season tickets to a sports team.

At a much higher price, no restrictions on the Premium pass.

I don't like the So Cal discounts. I think you should discount the annual pass for people out of the area as they probably spend more in the community when they visit because they have to stay some where, eat more meals etc. They also don't give rise to the park overcrowding in the sense that they just don't drop by for a few hours very often. If it is expensive enough, it doesn't become a purchase option for the one time visit family vacation.

Hmmm...going to have to put more thought into this
                    The Mur

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                      How about charging everyone the same.....if a day at Disneyland is really worth $72.00 then it should cost everyone $72.00 to get into the park.
                      I know a lot of people like to come back to the "just get rid of AP's argument", but I think it's time to come to the conclusion that AP's are here to stay.

The fact that there are AP's isn't necessarily the problem, the AP program is the problem.

Comment

Stop the Socal promotions like the 3 days for $99 during the summer and the promotions in the spring. It is really annoying that you have an annual pass and the park is so crowded during the traditional "slow times" of the year. Also, stop the payment plan!!! The Premium pass should still have no black out dates even if the price needs to increase. The other passes should have more blackout dates or raise the prices.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                          I know a lot of people like to come back to the "just get rid of AP's argument", but I think it's time to come to the conclusion that AP's are here to stay.
                          I want what is best for the park and I believe it shouldn't be cheapened.....there was a time when to get people to come more often, instead of offering discount upon discount until the park was choking with people, they actually built awesome attractions(think of the attractions that opened up in the 12 year period between 67' and 79'.....now think what we got(and lost) in any 12 year period since the A/E tickets went bye bye in 1982)

I want disney to charge people a premium--and fair-- price.....because I want Disneyland to be of a premium quality

I choose quality over quantity, that's all
                          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

If my last name was Disney and I was in charge, I'd request to cancel the financed AP's ASAP!

Then I would only offer two types of AP's (plus a "special" one).

Minnie's AP- Blocked out Memorial Day thru Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day thru the w/e and between Christmas and New Years. $5 Parking. 5% discount on food and merchandise. $349.

Mickey's AP- No block out dates. Free parking. 10% discount on food and merchandise. $499.

Walt's AP- Lifetime AP, no blockouts, free parking and 15% discount. $3,499.

Did I mention that I'd do away with the financed AP's???

Comment

Universal and Six Flags year round passes are 60 bucks, Disney passes should not be any higher than they are now. But its ok with me if you take away the California APs.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This is deja vu all over again! Haven't we discussed this issue already this past summer!

I am 100% not in favor of those choices as I have one of those SoCal APs. Everyone should have a chance to visit the Resort and considering where I live and etc, I only make the trek down a few times of the year as opposed to many who visit everyday/week, etc. I sense a class system going on here as if Premium and Deluxe APs should be the only ones able to visit.

I will say that the prices of the APs of all levels should stopped being raised as well, especially nowadays with the economy.

And DCA should NOT be blocked out just because Disneyland Park is more popular and gets filled fast on busier times.

If Disney stops having too many promotions during off seasons, the crowds wouldn't exist.

Comment

There is zero need to raise the price of the Premium and Deluxe APs. If anything, the Premium is priced a little to high as is. They need to get rid of the SoCal APs and the SoCal ticket offers (3/day summer and 2fer). That will solve the problem. It really will.

Comment

Stop putting out new promotions. Don't do anything new. Stop plans for DCA.

That'll stop them Passholders!

(Or they can crank the price for passes, which seems more logical and most likely)

Comment

Don't any take these types of chats too serious, Disney Will find a balance not just lose business because it gets too crowded.
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Why is everyone always picking on the SoCal AP's We have ours simply because we would never go on or want to go on the posted block out days. So why should I pay more to be able to go on days when I would never go anyway?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X