This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] California Adventure Turnstiles Union Station

This is a concept I have arrived at after searching for something that serves as a unique and appropriate entrance to California Adventure's Buena Vista Street. The design incorporates Los Angeles's 1930's Union Station with architectural styles of mission revival and art deco. Guests would enter the turnstiles and come out and find carts with period luggage bags and more to add to the theming. Guests would feel as if they were getting off the train and entering Los Angeles during its golden age just as Walt did. Other elements of theming include hidden speakers that release the sound of train whistles every few moments. Park employees working the turnstiles would wear period train depot attire. What do you guys think?

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6751/photosh.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6026/photo1wn.jpg

Re: California Adventure Turnstiles Union Station

The only problem I have with this is that, especially with the 'train sound speakers', it might fool guests into thinking that there is an actual railroad in DCA.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
      The only problem I have with this is that, especially with the 'train sound speakers', it might fool guests into thinking that there is an actual railroad in DCA.
      I don't think it would be a problem. The sound effects would be subtle plus there is gonna be the redcar straight ahead if they want a ride

Comment

Well, seeing that the actual train isn't fooling anybody, it should be fine.

Comment

I completely and utterly love it! It's beautiful, it fits the theme, period, and setting, it's symmetrical to Disneyland's train station, and it's all around just nice. Good thinking. I love it.

Comment

I like it a lot. Especially if detail was added to the buildings, it would be beautiful. (now if only they could actually give CA an actual train, or maybe an alternative like at disneysea)

Comment

I LOVE it!! Did you draw that yourself, too? Excellent job! :clap:

Comment

What do I think? I think you should send that to WDI - asap. Really, I love all of the DCA expansion plans but so far not a big fan of the blue entrance. I love the idea of arriving through a train station - very unique concept.
                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

I have probably read every idea for the entrance and this is by far the BEST! I agree with nonob, this would make a spectacular entrance!

Comment

Wow, I had the same exact idea! (But you beat me by bringing it to fruition!). Same concept of walking in Walt's footsteps in LA, right from the train station.

Nice drawings BTW.

Comment

I think it's a wonderful idea. I enjoy how the clock tower rises over one part of the gate, and i can easily picture the sounds and environment it would evoke, like the front engine of a train and steam coming out. i would definitely prefer this than the planned entrance.

I like your line work as well, great job.

Comment

The red-tile-roof Mission Revival architecture is perfect for DCA and is what they should have used in the first place. Brilliant design!

Comment

Yes. Love it.
                          sigpic

Comment

You know, a train that went around all the way to Paradise Pier and came back past the entrance to Carsland and circled around the Golden State would be awesome.

Comment

It's always cool to see someone draw their own idea or create their own concept art. Good job!

Comment

My goodness, I love this idea. It looks so perfect- so Disneyish, actually. It seems like an idea they'd come up with.

^Art by me!
                                Check out my
                                Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                                You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                                Visit my
                                Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                                Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Can we lift the OP onto our shoulders and carry him to WDI as a mob?

This is a great idea. It would be even better if Disney had a second train that circled around DCA.

Comment

That looks really good, I think it would be perfect themewise. I'm not a fan of copying the entrance to the Studios park in WDW out here. I'd like for it to be original like this.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I enthusiastically second everything that's been written here.
                                      My Armchair Imagineering threads:

Collaborations:

Comment

Originally posted by AGD View Post
                                        I enthusiastically second everything that's been written here.
                                        As do I! Except for this post :

Originally posted by simmer View Post

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X