• Show
Clear All
  • Rob™
    Member; Mousketeer
    • Jan 2009

[Rumor] World of Exclusion.

Earlier in the year, it had been reported that Tokyo DisneySea
    would be receiving a "copy" of the World of Color show that
    is currently under construction in California Adventure.

Since then, there has not been any further development mentioned.

Until now.

Apparently, Tokyo Disneyland Resort has decided to
    bring Fantasmic! over instead.

Reasons, when both shows compared:
    1. The costs to repurpose the harbor.
    2. The complexity.

Just click here for the article in its entirety provided by Blue Sky Disney.

So, in other terms, the Disneyland Resort may finally
    have something that is too "elaborate" for the Tokyo Disneyland Resort.

And, hopefully, something that will remain exlcusive in Anaheim.
  • Cheshire
    Nightmare in Wonderland
    • Mar 2009

Re: World of Exclusion.

Amen! DCA and all the parks in general really need more things exclusive to their specific park. Hopefully these things can really help boost DCA... World of Color may be a step in the right direction!

Comment

• Imagineer Scott
      Pongo is my hero.
      • Sep 2009

Great! WDW can take it.

Kidding, but OLC made the right move IMO. DCA needs something to set it apart from the competition, even worldwide. I'm sure they'll put a spin on their F! to where they'll be far superior to DL and DHS. Kinda sad for us, but great that there will be a whole new F! to see.

one hundred and one

Comment

• dland_lover
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
        Great! WDW can take it.

Kidding, but OLC made the right move IMO. DCA needs something to set it apart from the competition, even worldwide. I'm sure they'll put a spin on their F! to where they'll be far superior to DL and DHS. Kinda sad for us, but great that there will be a whole new F! to see.
        Not to mention they're getting a huge leg up on us, by seeing how the whole dragon fiasco turned out! That'll save them time and headaches, for sure.

Comment

• pirate_tim
          Wilderness Explorer
          • Jan 2007

Hmmm...that makes me wonder what an "aquatic" themed version of Fantasmic! would look like at Tokyo DisneySea.
          sigpic

Comment

• Cheshire
            Nightmare in Wonderland
            • Mar 2009

wouldn't it be neat to see a giant ursula come out of the water as a finale instead of the dragon? May fit the aquatic theme there better

Comment

• Darkbeer
              Darkbeer
              • Jan 2005

Plus if OLC waits a few years, DCA can work out all the bugs and problems of World of Color and they can buy the "older" technology at a better price.

So yes, bring Fantasmic! over now, it has been tested, and they can find some way to "plus" the show that we won't get in the USA.

Then let Anaheim deal with all the hassles and fine tuning of the new World of Color show, and buy it in about 5 years. They will get it at a discount, and it will work. (Similar to what Disneyland did with Ghost Galaxy, Hong Kong paid for it, got it working, and was a "proven" attraction before DLR decided to add it). Unlike the poorly executed Rockin' Both Parks promo, with lights that ruined the ride (not dark enough) and music track that was limited in appeal. (Some folks loved it, many folks didn't like it).
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• 4Apples4Disney
                Seeker of Fun
                • Jul 2009

I love the idea of something exclusive to Anaheim!
                Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

• WesternRiverExplorer
                  Fleeting Inspiration
                  • Feb 2006

I think "too elaborate" should be translated to "logistical nightmare that would yield lackluster results that wouldn't fit the feel of the park and misuse its unique attributes". WoC is being designed very specifically for the needs and limitations of DCA. Specific limitations, like no pyro and no marina for show barges, that TDS just doesn't have. It's being designed as a sort of compositional piece, best viewed from the under construction Paradise Park, while TDS benefits best from shows designed in the round. At the very least, WoC would've needed to be completely redesigned, and it still probably wouldn't have taken advantage of the abilities of TDS's lagoon infrastructure. A new version of Fantasmic! can. WoC would've been a bad fit for TDS, but artistically at least I wouldn't call it "too elaborate".
                  Formerly kaliwolf.

Comment

• d1mex
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2009

Yes! Finally, more exclusives! World of Color will be AMAZING, i'm glad were the only people that have it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X