This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] New Rollercoaster At DCA?

My friend told me today that she knows someone who works on construction at the parks. She said that he told her that they are going to build a new rollercoaster at DCA. I clarified to make sure she didn't mean Radiator Springs Racers, and she said no. She said he thought it may be like the Matterhorn in intensity.
    If you want more proof, I'm sorry to say I don't have anymore. That's why it's a rumor Discuss as you wish!

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Re: New Rollercoaster At DCA?

I question the authenticity but if that's true awesome! But unfortunately that means it's not RnRC.
    https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

If this is true, I'm wondering where they would put it. The only current options are:
      Mullholland Madness
      or
      The big building in Hollywood Picture Backlot that formerly housed Millionaire. Or possibly the old Hollywood and Dine building, but I was never in there so I'm not sure if it would be big enough.

Comment

I thought Mullholand was becoming Goofys flight school or something like that? What are they going to replace with Maliboomer? I am going to miss the Maliboomer

Comment

I myself am considering the mine train ride they had slated to go around Grizzly Mountain.

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
            I thought Mullholand was becoming Goofys flight school or something like that? What are they going to replace with Maliboomer? I am going to miss the Maliboomer
            Someone missing the Maliboomer, I think youre the only one...lol.

If this is true, I think the Millionaire building is the best spot. It's not going to be where Mulholland is because Goofys Flight School is the new Mulholland.

Maybe a Rockin Roller Coaster like WDW has in there HPB. THAT would be awesome. I think HPB needs another E ticket attraction anyway. But that's just me. It's kind of dead there without ToT.

BTW, its my 100th post. Cool.

Comment

Maybe someone down the line mistook Goofy's Flight School for a "new" rollercoaster. It's like telephone- someone probably got mixed up somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                Maybe someone down the line mistook Goofy's Flight School for a "new" rollercoaster. It's like telephone- someone probably got mixed up somewhere.
                Exactly what I was thinking. Plus, Disney will most likely follow the set trend and tout Goofy's Sky Skool as a new attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                  I seriously hope not- I suspect if he is part of construction he probably works with the actual ride base and supports and not theming but you never know. I just thought I'd post since it was an interesting bit of information, but I totally understand if you are suspicious; I am a bit also.

^Art by me!
                  Check out my
                  Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                    I seriously hope not- I suspect if he is part of construction he probably works with the actual ride base and supports and not theming but you never know. I just thought I'd post since it was an interesting bit of information, but I totally understand if you are suspicious; I am a bit also.
                    Why would you assume that? "Theming" is installed by construction crews.

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                      Someone missing the Maliboomer, I think youre the only one...lol.
                      Ouch Hah, I hear yah. I do love it, the short lines, The quick adrenaline rush, The View at Night, "And not The Tv show" I dunno It is one of my favorite rides and nobody else likes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                        Ouch Hah, I hear yah. I do love it, the short lines, The quick adrenaline rush, The View at Night, "And not The Tv show" I dunno It is one of my favorite rides and nobody else likes it.
                        To be honest I've only ridden the Maliboomer once. Because we were waiting on FP's for Grizzly. It was a quick adrenaline rush I suppose. I don't usually enjoy drop rides, I was a little hesitant. I guess my 9 year old brother and 12 year old sister riding it forced me to do it.

I'll miss it a little bit. lol.

Comment

Isn't Goofy's Flight Skool a "temporary" theme? That might have just been a rumor, but I was under the impression that the whole thing would be replaced soon.

Comment

i hope not. i like mullholand madness. I would like it a lot better if it were themed into goofy's flightschool though.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                              Why would you assume that? "Theming" is installed by construction crews.
                              I mean to say that I don't think he'd make a big deal about mentioning a new rollercoaster if it wasn't fully new, but you never know.

^Art by me!
                              Check out my
                              Visit my

Comment

I'm thinking this too, it makes sense there is still some room in that area.
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Well, as there are apparently no concepts even being developed (blue sky or otherwise), it seems highly unlikely that the rumor has any validity. Anyone in construction would be the last to find out if a new attraction was going to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bexington View Post
                                    i hope not. i like mullholand madness. I would like it a lot better if it were themed into goofy's flightschool though.
                                    I think it should go.
                                    reminds me of the cheap coasters they have at the fair

I know Disney can do better than that.
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                                      Well, as there are apparently no concepts even being developed (blue sky or otherwise), it seems highly unlikely that the rumor has any validity. Anyone in construction would be the last to find out if a new attraction was going to be installed.
                                      nice point.

Maybe there is still a secret left at Disney
                                      but I think Al would have caught wind of it by now
                                      and I also think at Blue Sky you might question why part of the park is blank on the map they have of DCA.
                                      Quote by Al:
                                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Their are TWO parts to the DCA Project and Hollywood, Grizzly and the Soarin area are part of that, so we could see a lot of changes in those area's too. (Their is a rumor that the Redwood creek will become Up themed since of the movies Success)
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X