Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy be removed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When will the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy be removed?

Does anyone know when the Ghost Galaxy layover will be removed from Space Mountain? Our next trip is planned for 11/6 - 11/8 and I'm hoping my favorite attraction will be up.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Re: When will the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy be removed?

Maybe they'll switch it over to a Christmas Planet theme
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

The last day for Ghost Galaxy is November 1st and will be back to normal on the 2nd. It will all be done overnight.

Comment

It'll be removed overnight, but it took weeks to put it all up?

I wish it was open when I was on the West Coast for D23 Expo.

Comment

Not soon enough! Hated it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            Was it really that bad? I'm looking forward to seeing that setup on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
              It'll be removed overnight, but it took weeks to put it all up?
              Yes. They had to add projectors swap out lights so that they could do different colors, put up screens, etc.

Now that all the equipment is there, it is as simple as flipping a few switches and locking down some equipment. Bringing it back next year will also take a single night.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Well, that's good news about next year's setup being quick!

Comment

Originally posted by WICKEDBUSA View Post
                  Was it really that bad? I'm looking forward to seeing that setup on Sunday.
                  Rockin' Space Mountain made no sense either, but it was more fun.

Comment

Rockin' Space Mountain made no sense either, but it was more fun.

I am total opposite of that. I HATED Rockin Space Mountain i cant even emphasis how much i disliked it. GG on the other hand was fun (even if it was a little cheesy) and didn't detract from the "zooming through dark space" Rockin gave off that "zoom through a warehouse with flashing lights."

Comment

Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                      I am total opposite of that. I HATED Rockin Space Mountain i cant even emphasis how much i disliked it. GG on the other hand was fun (even if it was a little cheesy) and didn't detract from the "zooming through dark space" Rockin gave off that "zoom through a warehouse with flashing lights."
                      Have to agree, the BIGGEST mistake about Rockin' Space Mountain was the lighting. It truly did ruin the Space experience by making the tracks visible.

Second was the sound track. While a select segment loved it, most folks are not Red Hot Chili Pepper fans. (aka not family friendly). The Ghost Galaxy soundtrack, while a bit spooky, works for the vast majority of riders from 6 to 106.

I am SOOOO glad that Rockin' failed, and failed badly when it was offered.

And I am looking forward to the return of Ghost Galaxy for Halloween Time, 2010.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                        Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                        Have to agree, the BIGGEST mistake about Rockin' Space Mountain was the lighting. It truly did ruin the Space experience by making the tracks visible.

Second was the sound track. While a select segment loved it, most folks are not Red Hot Chili Pepper fans. (aka not family friendly). The Ghost Galaxy soundtrack, while a bit spooky, works for the vast majority of riders from 6 to 106.

I am SOOOO glad that Rockin' failed, and failed badly when it was offered.

And I am looking forward to the return of Ghost Galaxy for Halloween Time, 2010.
                        I have to agree with both of you on this.

Ghost Galaxy had a storyline to it that made sense. Alternate universe with a tormented ghost chasing after you. Yeah, it's kinda cheesy, but it fits with Halloween and with Space Mountain.

Rockin' Space Mountain makes no sense at all. It was an attempt to replicate Rockin' Roller Coaster for the west coast. It makes sense at WDW because you aren't in space. You're on your way to a concert in a limo. Space Mountain simply can't work as a "rockin" style ride. Hence its complete and utter failure.

Sure the effects for GG could be done a bit better, and they will probably plus it and work out ways to get it darker and better as they go, but the point is that GG actually makes some kind of sense withint the Space Mountain theme whereas Rockin' was just pointless.

I can't wait for GG to come back next year. We got on it 4 times on our recent trip and it was applauded by everyone we saw coming off it. I have NEVER seen the wheelchair line for that ride so backed up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Why not an ALIEN ATMOSPHERE instead of a GHOST GALAXY. It makes more sense, and still adds a scary Halloween ovelay to the ride.

What I liked about Rockin over Ghost was the soundtrack. Ghost does a better job of keeping the lights down and the darkness intact. But the music wasn't memorable to me and the effects were cheesy and the whole thing in my mind was a waste of time.

Comment

Agreed - Some of ghost galaxies effects were cheesy, but others were awesome (like the intital tunnel, and teh ghost on the track). However, it's great for what it is, a one-month Holiday layover. Teh story is great, and it's a really fun Halloween addition.

Comment

Why not an ALIEN ATMOSPHERE instead of a GHOST GALAXY. It makes more sense, and still adds a scary Halloween ovelay to the ride.
                              How exactly does "alien atmosphere" make more sense than "ghost galaxy?"

Comment

We had so much fun on Ghost Galaxy. We rode it 6 times during our 3 days in the park. It was a blast and lots of fun for Halloween.

That being said, I am excited for non Ghost Galaxy Space Mountain when we go for my birthday in November. It will be nice to enjoy Space sans overlay.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. Looks like we'll miss it this year, but we'll make a point to visit in October next year.
                                  Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

I really didnt dislike the ride, I mean I wouldnt wait in line for two hours to ride it but I think it was a different experience, I really like the Lighting and the sounds outside.

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed Ghost Galaxy! I waited 80 minutes on a Friday night, and I enjoyed the effects- they got my adrenaline pumping. I admit they did a good job- the ghost at the end kind of startled me.

As for Rockin Space Mountain...looking back on it, it wasn't all that great. I enjoy the ride even more when it was in the dark, but it did get me exposure to "Higher Ground" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I personally would like Ghost Galaxy to come back next year.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

The Reason Space was down so long is because They were Doing Fixes to the ride too, one of my old co-worked said that they were replacing parts to the backup generator.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X