This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Club 33 Name Origin

Okay so I have been thinking about this for a coulple of days.......

In Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol, he mentions that the highest order of Masonry is Level 33. Now it has been confirmed that the great Walt Disney was a Mason. Is it by coincidence or on purpose that Walt's private club has the same name of the highest level of his club? I have been thinking about this. There are rumors that Walt just liked the way 33 looked, that 33 sideways looks like a MM for Mickey Mouse, there were 33 original investors of Disneyland, or that is was just by sheer fate that the club was named 33. Knowing that Walt Disney had a purpose for everything he did, I am convinced that Club 33 was named after the most prestigious level of the secret club Walt belonged to.

Sorry if this has already been discussed or proven, but I think it is an interesting subject.
    Last edited by disneylandfan95; 10-15-2009, 07:55 PM.

Re: Club 33 Name Origin

It's named for it's street address, 33 Royal Street.

Comment

I think it was just named for the street number(I mean, the street number next to it is 32, which is Blue Bayou.) EDIT: See Above.

Timekeeper.
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Time to add on that story to the list:
        1. named after the level 33 Masonry
        2. the first 33 investors for disneyland
        3. 33 is like MM for mickey mouse
        4. It's just a coincidence for it's address.

Comment

Yeah, that is one of the most popular rumors that I've heard and that is what the "official" Cast Member story is, but I strongly believe that it is named after the highest degree of Masonry. Maybe I'm just paranoid or thinking into it too much, but I do think that tis is the most logical answer since Walt had a reason behind everything he did. And what if the other addresses were named after Club 33's name was already established?

Comment

Fortunately, not everything is a conspiracy that can be linked back to some stupid Dan Brown novel.

Comment

Originally posted by burdenx View Post
              Fortunately, not everything is a conspiracy that can be linked back to some stupid Dan Brown novel.
              Hear hear!

Comment

Originally posted by burdenx View Post
                I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way. I am not saying that Walt Disney was involved in some sort of conspiracy. I am a HUGE fan of Mr. Disney! I visit Disneyland weekly and have the highest level of respect for him. All I'm saying is that I read a book, made a connection, and thought about it. I am sorry if I sounded like I thought Walt was involved in some sort of conspiracy and apologize.

Comment

Not at all, I'm just saying that sometimes the right answer is the most obvious one.

Comment

I would love to know where it has been confirmed that Walt Disney was a Free Mason. I have never seen that in any biography of Walt Disney.

Comment

Burdenx's point is a good one. Dan Brown may make his stuff sound factual and may include stuff in his book that are factual, but in no way should you treat it as a factual item since it is still fictional material.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                        In Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol, he mentions that the highest order of Masonry is Level 33. Now it has been confirmed that the great Walt Disney was a Mason. Is it by coincidence or on purpose that Walt's private club has the same name of the highest level of his club? I have been thinking about this. There are rumors that Walt just liked the way 33 looked, that 33 sideways looks like a MM for Mickey Mouse, there were 33 original investors of Disneyland, or that is was just by sheer fate that the club was named 33. Knowing that Walt Disney had a purpose for everything he did, I am convinced that Club 33 was named after the most prestigious level of the secret club Walt belonged to.

Sorry if this has already been discussed or proven, but I think it is an interesting subject.
                        There is a lot of misinformation here. I think an actual Mason could straighten this out better than I. The highest degree of a Mason is a 3rd degree, however, the Scottish Rite does go to 33, most being honorary degrees. The York Rite goes to 12 degrees. But, a Freemason is 3 degrees, with a Master Mason at 3rd. I seriously doubt he named the club based on that information. And 3rd degree is classified the "prestigious" level. If it was named 3 Mason St., I would believe this story, but 33 Royal St is simply for the club.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Walt didn't want people to know that alcohol was being served in his family park.
                          The permit needed an address.
                          He went with the street name (Royal) and the number (each building has a number) of the building.
                          This way if the license was looked up, ppl wouldn't know that it was for Disneyland.

Walt also wanted to prove that 13 was a lucky number.
                          M is also the 13th letter.
                          So we have 1313 Harbor Blvd. for Disneyland's address.
                          Last edited by DLFreak71; 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM.
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                            Walt didn't want people to know that alcohol was being served in his family park.
                            The permit needed an address.
                            He went with the street name (Royal) and the number (each building has a number) of the building.
                            This way if the license was looked up, ppl wouldn't know that it was for Disneyland.

Walt also wanted to prove that 13 was a lucky number.
                            M is also the 13th letter.
                            So we have 1313 Harbor Blvd. for Disneyland's address.
                            Adding that to the rumor list.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                              Adding that to the rumor list.
                              basically,
                              we'll never really know
                              Walt isn't hear to shed any light on the pure truth.

(it's what they tell you on the Walt's tour)
                              I'm sticking w/ that information until Walt comes to me in the middle of the night and tells me differently)
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

The parking structure is 1313 Disneyland Drive.

Comment

The Address for the Disney family suite is 21 Royal Street
                                  Like King and Queen (Royal Family)

Now the Dream Suite

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                  Older photo
                                  New Photo

Member of
                                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                                  Next trip
                                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                                    The parking structure is 1313 Disneyland Drive.
                                    yes

1313 South Harbor Boulevard is Disneyland

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                    Older photo
                                    New Photo

Member of
                                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                                    Next trip
                                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Well, here's Walt with Werner Von Braun an ex-Nazi rocket scientist back in 1954..why he was dealing with him, who knows..strange...and yes Walt WAS a freemason of the Scottish Rite. He must have led a double life, because he did alot of good for lot of people..who knows.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...000-000060.jpg
                                      Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-17-2009, 05:34 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

Comment

Again, where is there a confirmation that Disney was a freemason? Even my friend who is a mason says there is no real reason to suspect Disney was associated, except for the lascivious pleasure the world gets with trying to connect Walt with the occult and clandestine societies.

Also, as a side note, although Dan Brown's novels are very enjoyable and the pages turn at a rapid pace, beware of assuming any didactic items contained therein are fact-based. For example, putting aside all the religious debate surrounding the DaVinci Code, the novel purports that the Priori of Scion has existed since the 11th century and its grand masters have included Isaac Newton, DaVinci, Botticelli, etc. However, as I investigated furthur, I discovered that the Priori of Scion was actually an elaborate hoax perpetrated by Pierre Plantard dating back to 1955.
                                        Zoe Necrosis
                                        Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X