This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tinted Water

If I'm not mistaken, the bottom of the Rivers of America is painted a dark green and the water therein is tinted a like color.

What about Paradise Bay, Lagoon, Pond? Will the color be tinted also to hide the machinery for World of Color? Will the bottom be painted to better reflect/hide the Magic?

Commence the pontification.
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Re: Tinted Water

The bottom of ROA is a concrete color. The water has a very light clay like substance that does not ever settle. If you were to taste it, it would be simillar to the green-ish color sculpting clay from pottery class. (not that I've tasted it *shify eyes*)
    I thought the water in DCA has a bit of tint too it as well. I don't ever remember being able to see the bottom. However it looked much more natural and clear than ROA.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

The water in Paradise Bay has always been dyed a dark blue color
      - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

ROA is the same water that is in all "dark" waterways in the park. They are all connected. It flows from the Motorboat Cruise to Storybook, goes then to the castle moat, downhill around the Frontierland entrance, over to the Jungle Cruise and dumps into ROA. Then it is pumped back up to the Motorboat Cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
          The water in Paradise Bay has always been dyed a dark blue color
          That must have been fun when they held the swimming event last year in Paradie Bay :unsure:
          It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

That's one of the wonderful mysteries of Disneyland.
            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

About a year ago, I was in DCA and Paradise Bay was a dark shade of brown. Strangely, it turned blue again shortly before they drained it.

Comment

I heard it was blue berry jello
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by FormerDiz View Post
                  ROA is the same water that is in all "dark" waterways in the park. They are all connected. It flows from the Motorboat Cruise to Storybook, goes then to the castle moat, downhill around the Frontierland entrance, over to the Jungle Cruise and dumps into ROA. Then it is pumped back up to the Motorboat Cruise.
                  Not saying what is above isn't true
                  just an observation

If the water dumps into ROA, then pumped all the way back to Motorboats (quiet the journey)
                  When ROA is drier than the Sahara Desert, then the water way that dumps into ROA is blocked? and the water remains non-moving for a month or so?
                  Wow, Walt had a lot to do in a year and he still go all the water ponds, streams etc to connect.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                    just an observation

If the water dumps into ROA, then pumped all the way back to Motorboats (quiet the journey)
                    When ROA is drier than the Sahara Desert, then the water way that dumps into ROA is blocked? and the water remains non-moving for a month or so?
                    Wow, Walt had a lot to do in a year and he still go all the water ponds, streams etc to connect.
                    Originally, the Jungle Cruise and RoA was clearly connected by a stream. However, with NOS, this changed.

I believe they can bypass certain sections using pipes when something is drained so the water can still be filtrated.
                    WELCOME ABOARD
                    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                      just an observation

They can isolate and drain any part of the system and still have it circulate. When ROA goes dry next year the water will terminate at the Jungle Cruise. Just takes a few valve turns to re-route the flow. Right now the castle moat and Storybook are dry but the water is still moving through the system.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X