This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disneyland 2012

I hope it is ok that I post this from the Blue Sky Blog, but I found it very interesting.

From Blue Sky Disney
    Friday, October 16, 2009
    The Reboot...

When summer 2012 rolls around, Disney's California Adventure will enter a phase it should have been experiencing a decade earlier...

A year more than that actually. Eleven years it will have taken. But you know what? Not only will DCA be different, but the entire resort will have grown into something much closer to being legitimately called a "resort." If all those extravagant plans for WestCot or even the original plans for Disney's California Adventure had been done then the realization of a true Disney Resort would have been realized by now. But budget cuts and clueless leadership stunted what could've been a great expansion. The resort we were promised never materialized. The one that we see in 2012 won't be exactly like the one proposed, but it'll be extremely closer to that actual realization. Think about it...

Last edited by Dustysage; 10-16-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: Quote snipped for Copyright reasons

Re: Disneyland 2012

It was an interesting and accurate look at where DCA is headed. Nothing really new, but I always appreciate what is posted on Blue Sky Disney.

FYI - I snipped the article for Copyright reasons. If anyone wants to read the full post, please click the link above.

Thank you Homan.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Fascinating. But I haven't even heard a whisper of the Innoventions E-Ticket he mentioned, and that news probably would have been out by now.
      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

Originally posted by I.M. Loco View Post
        Fascinating. But I haven't even heard a whisper of the Innoventions E-Ticket he mentioned, and that news probably would have been out by now.
        I've heard numerous rumors about that area, my favorite of which is for a time travel themed E-ticket that would use not only the current Innoventions area, but backstage areas behind it.

Comment

Of all things I want to happen with the Disneyland Resort, it's a new Tomorrowland. I hope we'll see one as soon as Blue Sky Disney says.

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
            I've heard numerous rumors about that area, my favorite of which is for a time travel themed E-ticket that would use not only the current Innoventions area, but backstage areas behind it.
            Really?(if so, would you elaborate the that rumor about it? I just never heard it before.)

Timekeeper.
            sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
            Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I want a new Tomorrowland REALLY BADLY! I hope they do the expansion of DCA right, because we will keep coming and cause the suits to think that more expansion (done right) is a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                Really?(if so, would you elaborate the that rumor about it? I just never heard it before.)

Timekeeper.
                I really don't know very much about it, other than being time travel themed and being built in an expanded building, all I've really heard is that Tony Baxter has been working on it for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
                  I really don't know very much about it, other than being time travel themed and being built in an expanded building, all I've really heard is that Tony Baxter has been working on it for some time.
                  Ok.
                  I wonder what the rumored attraction will be based on? The late Timekeeper Circlevision show, the rumored "Tomorrowland Movie", the "Meet The Robinsens" movie or something orignal?( I know there must be others, but is what I can think of.)

Timekeeper.
                  sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                  Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

It dawned on me...
                    I think we are hearing absolutely nothing about that elusive Tomorrowland makeover for this reason:

Marketing is going to want DCA to have all the attention to paying tourists for a solid year (2012) if not 2 solid years. (2012,2013)

If Disneyland got anything significant in those years .. it would take away paying customers from going to DCA.

They are going to want DCA to get ALL the attention .. and DL will just have to wait after a couple years of heavy promotions to get people to finally come to DCA 2.0!

I think if Tomorrowland is given a rebirth .. I think it will be with a 2014 or 2015 opening .. with construction commencing no earlier than 2012. Because .. if they START construction in 2012, with it boarded up, the sting of not getting on some of your perennial favorites won't be as bad .. because people will have an expanded DCA to enjoy, INSTEAD.

So ... as we here in the internet world hear about new projects about a year or 2 before the rest of the world hears about it .... I predict it will be in 2010, or sometime into 2011 on the net.

So .. here's my prediction:

We'll finally hear something solid about Tomorrowland in about 1 to 1 & 1/2 years from now.
                    MY SIGNATURE:
                    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                      It dawned on me...
                      I think we are hearing absolutely nothing about that elusive Tomorrowland makeover for this reason:

Marketing is going to want DCA to have all the attention to paying tourists for a solid year (2012) if not 2 solid years. (2012,2013)

If Disneyland got anything significant in those years .. it would take away paying customers from going to DCA.

They are going to want DCA to get ALL the attention .. and DL will just have to wait after a couple years of heavy promotions to get people to finally come to DCA 2.0!

I think if Tomorrowland is given a rebirth .. I think it will be with a 2014 or 2015 opening .. with construction commencing no earlier than 2012. Because .. if they START construction in 2012, with it boarded up, the sting of not getting on some of your perennial favorites won't be as bad .. because people will have an expanded DCA to enjoy, INSTEAD.

So ... as we here in the internet world hear about new projects about a year or 2 before the rest of the world hears about it .... I predict it will be in 2010, or sometime into 2011 on the net.

So .. here's my prediction:

We'll finally hear something solid about Tomorrowland in about 1 to 1 & 1/2 years from now.
                      But then why would they be doing Star Tours 2.0? Wouldn't they want to wait on that as well?

Comment

Third park already please (cough cough) katella strawberry fields -> westcot + trackless rides + western river expedition + connecting monorail (cough cough) start building it now already!!!

Comment

By 2012 I think Disneyland Resort will be the greatest resort in the world. Big words, but I think theyre valld.

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                            By 2012 I think Disneyland Resort will be the greatest resort in the world. Big words, but I think theyre valld.
                            Not a chance. Like Disneyland Resort will even come close to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Like we can compete with there three spectacular hotels and DisneySea.

Comment

But they can come close, if they enhance and improve Disneyland and expand it as much as physically possible, turn DCA into an actual theme park instead of a carnival, build a third park at the strawberry fields, then add a water park south of the Disneyland Hotel, and a concert theater somewhere, they would have a world-class destination. Maybe not as good as Tokyo but still good enough to make it not worth even considering going to Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by sekwence View Post
                                But then why would they be doing Star Tours 2.0? Wouldn't they want to wait on that as well?
                                Star Tours 2.0 should be part of the overall TL overhaul. I wonder if it may have anything to do with other obligations Lucas' people have for the future ... and it's either now or never (??).
                                MY SIGNATURE:
                                Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                                  It dawned on me...

And that makes sense, because the best time to board up Tomorrowland is when DCA is getting all the attention!

Comment

I hope that the Golden State area stays exactly like it is......it is nice to walk through that area and have all the trees and Grizzly River surrounding you. Keep the Redwood Creek Challenge as well........kids need a place to run around amongst the trees (God knows that they could use more of those at DCA and in So Cal in general).

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                      Not a chance. Like Disneyland Resort will even come close to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Like we can compete with there three spectacular hotels and DisneySea.
                                      Hotels mean nothing to me. While, DisneySea may be a great park, Disneyland will always be the greatest theme park. It is Walt's Disneyland and nothing else can ever come close.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                        Third park already please (cough cough) katella strawberry fields -> westcot + trackless rides + western river expedition + connecting monorail (cough cough) start building it now already!!!
                                        They won't be doing anything with the strawberry field until DCA is functioning successfully.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X