Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report madness at disneyland (live)

The lines tonight are insanely long. All of the western side of the park is stuck at a snail's pace already. Haunted mansion is 75 and ghost galaxy 120.
    It is also a pretty warm night. Handstamps are required for everyone (yes even ap's)

Re: madness at disneyland (live)

We were there between 2 and 3:30 today. It was horribly hot and horribly crowded. I miss the quiet fall days.

Comment

This should be a wake up call for TDA. They really need to start thinking about expanding DCA's halloween decor and participation along with the Christmas offerings.

They really screwed up when instead of expanding the TOT courtyard offerings they cancelled them. The Candy corn decor is really neat and plans should be made to save all those decorations and move them over to Bug land and flicks fun fair.

For the Christmas Holidays they should invest in buying a few more fake snow machines. Grizzley Peak area could be turned into a winter wonderland and hollywood picture backlot could be turned into a mini Osbourne lightshow

So many possibilities to spread the crowds but for some reason they seem to be clueless sometimes

Lets hope that the reason is because of the construction and that once most of the park is done things start to look better for DCA for the busy holidays from September to January.

Comment

Sounds like last Friday night when I was there ... crazy busy.
        sigpic

Comment

11:30 fantasmic just announced

Comment

Is overcrowding at the park seen by management as a problem, or as a mark of success in getting people to come there?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
              Is overcrowding at the park seen by management as a problem, or as a mark of success in getting people to come there?

Both
              Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
              Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by Minnie Momma View Post
                We were there between 2 and 3:30 today. It was horribly hot and horribly crowded. I miss the quiet fall days.
                couldn't agree more. I miss the late fall afternoons with the cool breeze in the air, manageable crowds, HMH with 20-25 minute wait times.. Sigh. Being herded like cattle through the narrow walkways, CMs yelling at the top of their lungs with their glowy sticks = not my idea of fun.

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                This should be a wake up call for TDA. They really need to start thinking about expanding DCA's halloween decor and participation along with the Christmas offerings.

They really screwed up when instead of expanding the TOT courtyard offerings they cancelled them. The Candy corn decor is really neat and plans should be made to save all those decorations and move them over to Bug land and flicks fun fair.

For the Christmas Holidays they should invest in buying a few more fake snow machines. Grizzley Peak area could be turned into a winter wonderland and hollywood picture backlot could be turned into a mini Osbourne lightshow

So many possibilities to spread the crowds but for some reason they seem to be clueless sometimes

Lets hope that the reason is because of the construction and that once most of the park is done things start to look better for DCA for the busy holidays from September to January.
                Awesome ideas. Can't wait to see what they do for the holidays once the expansion is complete Also, Steven Davison has said they have Halloween and Christmas editions of WoC in the works - that's something else to look forward to!
                - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Well, it's a good thing I didn't go today then. I had originally requested the day off from work for a trip out to the park. However, I had some personal business to attend to and couldn't make it.

Comment

Thanks for the live update.
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

I love Live TRs!:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                        CMs yelling at the top of their lungs with their glowy sticks = not my idea of fun.

Not our idea of fun either. I hate it when we have to yell at the top of our lungs to be heard and understood. We are just trying to keep everyone safe and to keep traffic moving. Believe me...we don't enjoy yelling.
                        PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

PM...sure we do!
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
                            Not our idea of fun either. I hate it when we have to yell at the top of our lungs to be heard and understood. We are just trying to keep everyone safe and to keep traffic moving. Believe me...we don't enjoy yelling.

So right, PirateMunkee! I, for one, commend all CM's for all the hard work they do AND having to put up with all the difficult people at DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                              Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                              Both
                              Agreed. It's an obvious success because they are doing something right to bring in all those people. The trick is figuring out what they did right and doing more of it.

It's also a problem because it's obviously way more crowded than they are used to handling and they have got to figure out a way to control the crowds much better and do it quickly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Does the park management think of overcrowding and long lines as genuine problems for THEM (management), or just incoveniences for guests to put up with?

Comment

I think they could change over Pirate Island into Christmas Island or Halloween island
                                  Janette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
                                    PM...sure we do!
                                    Speak for yourself...I don't enjoy going home with a sore throat and sounding like a frog the next day.
                                    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
                                      Speak for yourself...I don't enjoy going home with a sore throat and sounding like a frog the next day.
                                      I remember loosing my voice for about 48 hours three times during the big 2005 50th Summer Hub GC. This way before anyone every mentioned circular flow mind you. Westbound traffic through the hub and Eastbound through the Plaza streetcut, wow it was something special!

FF
                                      "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post

I absolutely love these ideas.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X