This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Anybody actually like crowds?

Hey MC! I was wondering if anybody here actually likes crowds. The general sentiment seems to be crowds are an annoyance and major hassle.

Personally I like crowds for two reasons. First I actually like navigating crowds and feeling the energy. If I had a family and was pushing a stroller around that opinion might change.

The other reason I like crowds is it sends TDC a message that we need more rides, lands, and GATES!

Looking forward to a decade of DLR crowds and expansions to absorb those crowds!

Re: Anybody actually like crowds?

I love busy days.

Comment

Busy days are usually the days that my friends and I do almost absolutely nothing other than sit and people watch. So, on occassion, I like crowds. Recently we've been getting into the habit of bringing coloring pages and colored pencils and sitting somewhere really relaxing (Hungry Bear) coloring.

Comment

I like moderate crowds composed of people who all have very different taste in rides than I do, so the lines are short but the walkways aren't deserted. There's something a little eerie about the park being really empty...it's nice to have people there to give it some life. But I'm the kind of guest who'll do anything to avoid a long line, so super crowded days aren't my favorite. I pretty much make do with however small or big the crowds are, though.

Comment

Pick Pockets and Disney Executives
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Not empty, but not packed - just medium number of guests, 10 minute waits, on a cool, clear sunny day the day after a rainstorm in March = perfection.

Comment

No. sorry. I really dislike trying to find were the line starts for pirates of the Carribean walking around the whole mountain to find the start of the Matterhorn line, navigating through the narrow Adventureland, or trying to walk through Tomorrowland without getting stuck in an overflow line of some sort. :P

Comment

I don't mind crowds. I don't think there's ever a bad time at Disneyland. I don't think I'd want the park to myself. I think it's funner with people around, having fun. It creates a friendly atmosphere.

Comment

I rarely mind crowds. It's part of the experience for me. Disneyland without lines would just be freaky.

Comment

We rarely, if ever, mind the crowds. Crowds can be a good thing! People enjoying the Park adds to the "magic".

Since we know how to enjoy the Park even on the most crowded of days, crowds are no "hassle" (LOL) for us!

Circumventing crowds is easy when you know how...

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                      Disneyland without lines would just be freaky.

Yep!

We were at the Park shorly after 9-11 and it was a ghost town!

We much prefer other guests enjoying the Park with us...

Comment

I hate people.
                        But i love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?
                        "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

i'm not a fan of crowds.. especially when the HUB turns into a freeway with "offramp exits" to each land...

i went to Knott's the other day (ugh that place is... not good..) and i did like the fact that i could walk around and not have to strategically maneuver myself through a crowd of people like it was a driving test through orange cones. lines i dont mind *TOO* much, but being able to walk around the park and take everything in, which i can't do when bumping through a crowd of people, is what i do mind.
                          -plagued

Comment

I don't like crowds at all. Takes the fun right out of any experience.

If the crowds are light, and I can walk at a normal pace, that's perfectly fine. When the crowds are heavy enough that my pace is determined by the pace of the crowd, that's not OK.

10 minute lines are reasonable, 20 minute is questionable, 30 minute is irritating.

If every DL management person were required to wait in the 10 longest lines every week, we'd see MUCH shorter lines!

Rob

P.S. I agree with Plagued; Knotts is terrible! It'll be a LONG time before I go back.
                            Last edited by micromind; 10-17-2009, 02:08 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Comment

I love crowds! That means that there will be a 3rd Fantasmic! to watch. But on the days that I go to the park for riding rides of course I don't want crowds.

Comment

I learned patience from crowds at Disneyland. True story. I don't mind them much.

sigpic

Comment

I don't mind crowds when they act like decent human beings, but they seem to loose all common sense and courtesy as soon as they enter the gates and the busier it gets the more manic they act.....so no I do not like crowds at Disneyland...other places aren't so bad.

Comment

You are crazy if you like crowds, I rather have no one there and go on all the rides.
                                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I don't mind them much.
                                      The lines don't really bother me.
                                      It gives you a chance to see what details are put into the ride/queue line.

Disney will always have crowds. If you your not into crowds, then maybe Disney isn't the place to go.
                                      I think even with crowds there is still so much to do.
                                      It doesn't always have to be about the rides. Walt really put a lot into the park that many don't take the time to notice.
                                      Quote by Al:
                                      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post

Disney will always have crowds. If you your not into crowds, then maybe Disney isn't the place to go.
                                        This is just false. Every time i go I find non crowded times. I choose to leave when it gets to crowded for me. Everyone has their own tolerance levels and to say "if you don't like crowds don't go" is a bit to simple of an answer.

My tolerance is a lot better then it was 10 years ago. I'm sure others have higher tolerance levels than I and some may have lower, but everyone has the right to enjoy the park regardless if they love or hate the crowds.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X