This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where's your line in the sand?

I think some of you need to look back on the REAL history of the Disney company ESPECIALLY when Walt Disney was around. The strong belief that Walt Disney and the original imagineers didn't want Disney characters in the rides is missing the REAL reason why they were not included. Walt Disney did not have the rights to use all the Disney characters. Mickey Mouse wasn't even in the park as a character for the first 5 years. Also, corporate partnerships was always a big resource for the early Disney and it is today as well. I really think there is a lot of rewriting of history in Disney fans eyes today.

Please do not give examples of fantasy land and the tv specials with mickey. That was not what the park looked like when they didn't have the Disneyland tv show. the only chracters that disney could use out in the park (not on loan inside a few attractions) the first 5 years were dumbo and Tinkerbell because the disney studios didn't think they were worth anything.

Comment

• Re: Where's your line in the sand?

Originally posted by The International View Post
      Are you sure it's not an alternate story in which Jack is looking for treasure in the town and Barbarossa's crew, having captured Jack's ship, is chasing him?
      Hmm...I guess that'd be a possibility, if there were a plot about a Romulan ship time-traveling into the past to produce an alternate timeline. But seriously, why bother "updating" the attraction to more closely resemble the movies if you're just going to contradict those movies? (And you haven't addressed why the town mayor is protecting a pirate from being captured by other pirates...)

And also, the fact that it doesn't make sense now is hardly a good justification for not changing it if, as you point out, it didn't make sense before.
      I'm not sure what statement gave the impression that I thought the original attraction was nonsensical. It wasn't - it had a less explicit plot, but it provided a more coherent experience. Furthermore, the converse of your statement is equally true - even if the attraction had been nonsensical before, that'd hardly be a good justification for changing it to a different nonsensical plot. Aren't changes supposed to be steps forward, not sideways?

I mean we're talking about a ride with a singing donkey so I'm not so sure why you need it to "make sense" in the first place.
      That's not a logical statement. Talking and singing animals have been a staple of Disney-like storytelling for an eternity. (Actually, the donkey doesn't even sing...it brays along with the song, which some animals really do, albeit with less musicality.) You're talking about slightly anthropomorphizing animals; I'm talking about a story that contradicts the most basic idea of what a pirate is and the specific history of the film franchise it was inspired by.

Like I said...this horse is practically begging with its cold, dead lips to be whipped some more...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X