Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best experience you have gotten from a CM?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] whats the best experience you have gotten from a CM?

title says it all! =]
    Disneyland trips.
    1998. 1999. 2000. 2001. 2002. 2003. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012.
    Disneyworld trips.

Re: whats the best experience you have gotten from a CM?

This summer the Jungle Cruise captain reached the part where the natives are having some kind of ritual. He started to translate what they were saying for us and it went like this:

"Happy Birthday to you..."
    "Happy Birthday to you....."
    "Happy Birthday to the guy in the back of the boat, happy birthday to you!"

I had my birthday button on and it made me grin so huge to have him do that!

Comment

Originally posted by usul831 View Post
      this summer the jungle cruise captain reached the part where the natives are having some kind of ritual. He started to translate what they were saying for us and it went like this:

"happy birthday to you..."
      "happy birthday to you....."
      "happy birthday to the guy in the back of the boat, happy birthday to you!"

i had my birthday button on and it made me grin so huge to have him do that!
      wow, what a great cm!!

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
        This summer the Jungle Cruise captain reached the part where the natives are having some kind of ritual. He started to translate what they were saying for us and it went like this:

"Happy Birthday to you..."
        "Happy Birthday to you....."
        "Happy Birthday to the guy in the back of the boat, happy birthday to you!"

I had my birthday button on and it made me grin so huge to have him do that!
        hahah! that made me laugh, that would have made me happy too
        sigpic

Comment

Piano player "Jonny" at Coke Corner on Sept. 24, 2009 played "Happy Birthday" to my Mom and went into a complex, cascading boogie-woogie arrangement of "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller. That was probably the highlight of her day. Mary Poppins was also very friendly and made my Mom smile big two times during the day. Billy Hill of the Hillbillies wished her a happy birthday from the stage during the show. The nurses in the First Aid station were exceptionally kind and caring.

Comment

Our waiter at Storytellers cafe had the chef come out and ask what my two children who have life threatening food allergies (nuts and eggs) would like to eat. He made them special egg-free Mickey waffles. We were so touched that they would go to so much trouble for us.

Disney CMs rock when it comes to accommodating children with special needs.

Comment

I'd comment in this thread, but don't think it's right to single out any CM's, for anything . . . ever. I would hate for this thread to end up in the litter box.

. . . and yes i'm kidding
              . . . or am I just pointing out double standards and foibles?

YOU DECIDE, and promptly ignore me!
              "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

I was going to make this exact same thread, you beat me to it!

Most CMs are always really nice, but in particular there was a CM at Monsters Inc. on my last trip that was really good. I was in line with my sister and then my mom called and said she wanted to get together for lunch. So we left the line and the CM stopped us and gave us a pass that was sort of like a hand-written fastpass. It held our place in line and allowed us to come back after a certain time, go through the exit, and get right on the ride. I thought that was really nice. I also traded pins with him which my first time ever trading pins, and got a really cool Splash Mountain pin that I'm in love with. It almost made up for Splash Mountain being closed during my trip.

Anime Expo is during the beginning of July and used to be next to Disneyland, so one year I ended up going to DLR on the 4th of July. It was super crowded, which may have had an effect on the rides (or so I'm guessing) because all day, every time I stood in line for something and got up to the front, they had to close the ride. This even happened to me while standing on the Mark Twain boat. So, that afternoon a CM came up to me and asked how I was enjoying my day. I wasn't trying to complain too much or anything, but I was honest with him and told him that I wasn't able to ride on much all day. To my surprise, he then asked me what my favorite ride in the area was, and when I told him Indy, he gave me front of the line passes. He didn't need to do that, but he did, and it made my day.

Last time I went to DLR was when I was 19 (I'm 21 now). Pirate-fever had kicked in and Tom Sawyer's Pirate Island or whatever wasn't finished yet, so they had pirates walking around interacting with people in New Orleans Square. This one pirate came up to me and was really amazing. Even though I was 19 and "too cool" for costumed characters, he got me excited and happy about his pirating adventures. I think it's really awesome that he was able to get even a bigger kid like me involved in his story and character.

Speaking of Tom Sawyer's Pirate Island, on that same trip there was a CM at Alice in Wonderland who was telling me about how the mast for the island was coming in that day. I didn't even ask him anything about it, he just told me out of the blue because I was wearing a Pirates sweatshirt and he thought I'd find the information interesting. I like when CMs find things to talk with guests about.

The CMs operating the DLRR when I rode in the tender were both really nice and had a lot to talk about - about the trains, about themselves, about Disneyland. I'm definitely going to see if I could ride in the tender on my next trip because these guys made it enjoyable.

The best character experience I ever had was when I was a small child. Toy Story was my favorite movie all though my childhood, and I remember how happy I was to meet Buzz and Woody in Tomorrowland. I wanted to stay with them forever but my dad wanted to move on, so I had to say goodbye and go our separate ways. My dad and I went on the Rocket Jets together, and while on the ride, I looked down to the ground and saw Buzz and Woody waving at me! It totally made my day that they stayed and watched me on the ride rather than running off as soon as I ran off.

The best experience I ever had with another guest was on my last trip I was watching the "Remember: Dreams Come True" fireworks show with my mom and sister on Main Street. Our plan was to watch the fireworks then go back to the room early and sleep. Those plans changed when another family told us that they were leaving and wanted us to have their Dream Fastpasses. We went on all sorts of rides that night and had the best night ever. We still have what's left of those Dream Fastpasses too, for the memories. So, whoever that random family was who gave those to us, thank you for making our night magical.

Comment

a hug from peter pan.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X