This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I need a new plan!

Me and my family are going to DLR next weekend but I sprained my knee so my plan was to let them ride rides while I just ride the DLRR over and over(I love it)but I just found out that it will be closed! I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of something else I could do?

Re: I need a new plan!

Originally posted by bonofiededge View Post
    Me and my family are going to DLR next weekend but I sprained my knee so my plan was to let them ride rides while I just ride the DLRR over and over(I love it)but I just found out that it will be closed! I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of something else I could do?
    According to the calendar I looked at the Steam Trains will come back on Thursday and be there next weekend.

Comment

I'm with you ! I have a torn ligament in my knee and was totally planning on taking the DLRR to each area and get off... it would have been perfect, but according to the calendar and my call to the park, they are down all next weekend when I'm going !

Comment

Originally posted by MickeysWife655 View Post
        I'm with you ! I have a torn ligament in my knee and was totally planning on taking the DLRR to each area and get off... it would have been perfect, but according to the calendar and my call to the park, they are down all next weekend when I'm going !
        Hmmm, well it seems there's some mis-information going around regarding the trains. I'll be down all next week and hopefully they'll get whatever work they are doing done early

Comment

Why don't you rent a wheelchair or ECV?

Comment

Read this whole thread:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/124936-wheelchairs-disneyland.html

Rent a wheelchair before you go to the park.

Comment

I wud rent a wheel chair and go thru handicapped lines
              So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by Usul831 View Post
                According to the calendar I looked at the Steam Trains will come back on Thursday and be there next weekend.
                off by a week. the Disneyland entertainment schedule has the steam trains closed until Wednesday 10/28, returning Thursday 10/29.

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                  I wud rent a wheel chair and go thru handicapped lines
                  I wud learn sum engrish

I highly recommend trying out the riders that are similar in style. The Mark Twain has become a recent favorite of mine, I love taking trips on it around all of Rivers of America. Another thing you might also want to try of course, is the Monorail. Not quite as entertaining as the Railroad, but the new Mark VII are so spiffy, and you get a birds eye view of the park!

Most importantly, absorb the atmosphere. Sink into the moment. Feel the magic. Take a ride on the Horse Drawn Street Car and let your imagination drift off into the 1900's. Slow down and explore New Orleans Square. Take the time and breath the Frontier Trail air.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

let see if this link works
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...isneyland.html
                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Go the Golden Horseshoe and enjoy a show. Go to Tomorrowland and enjoy Jedi Training Academy. You do not have to buy food to enjoy the trio that plays Jazz in the Marketplace eating patio. Riding the Mark Twain as mentioned is nice. And ride one of the vehicles up Main Street. Just sit and watch people. Find a place to sit and watch Celebrate Street Party.
                      sigpic

Comment

There is an alternate viewing theater for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Just ask the cast member to direct you to the Marine Observation Outpost. It's great and really nice on a hot day to sit in the air conditioning. There are wheelchair-ready boats for it's a small world and Jungle Cruise, but you may have to wait a while for that boat to come around. There is a wheelchair-adapted car on Winnie the Pooh. For all other rides that I know of, you have to transfer out of your wheelchair or ECV into the regular ride vehicle. They have a transfer board to make it easier. There is a Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion that is easier to get into than the regular ones. For many rides, though, you have to get in the same vehicle that everyone else gets in (Pirates and all the "mountains"). The train around the park has wheelchair space on the last car of every train. You wait at the exit gate of the station. I have no idea how they handle disabled guests at Indy though.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X