This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Big Thunder Ranch Christmas 2009

Okay, so I was reading and planning... Going to DL Nov 13-17 for the Christmas theme... I saw on the refurbishments page of a post that Big Thinder Ranch wont open till the 19th!!!! No Santa!!!!???? I am so confused. I thought Christmas theme included Santa. Can someone please give me info on this! This may change our entire trip! We were going then, because one of our favorite DL family trips was during the Christmas Holiday and went to see Santa, made cookies with Mrs. Clause and played with Pluto and Chip and Dale. So Sad. Why would it not open on the 13th with everything else. Thanks.
    Obsessed with Disney! :earsboy:
    WDW vacation winners of Disney online video contest!
    Disneyland video contest...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
    Surprise DCL Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
    DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 03,08 DL +100 x's NEXT: WDW Sept 2012
    :stir: me 33 pirateH 35 princessD 10 :darth: DS 8

Re: Big Thunder Ranch Christmas 2009

I think the Christmas stuff starts around the 22nd, not sure, but it's usually a week before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Just confirmed with DL Rep and Big Thunder Ranch WILL BE open As of November 13th for the Christmas Holiday. Just FYI. I know it menitioned that it would be closed in the Refurb list from a Monday post but it will be infact open.
      Obsessed with Disney! :earsboy:
      WDW vacation winners of Disney online video contest!
      Disneyland video contest...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
      Surprise DCL Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
      DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 03,08 DL +100 x's NEXT: WDW Sept 2012
      :stir: me 33 pirateH 35 princessD 10 :darth: DS 8

Comment

You had me worried there for a minute. Cookie decorating while listening to the music is one of our holiday traditions and we're going Nov. 13-15. I certainly hope they're open.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnie Momma View Post
          You had me worried there for a minute. Cookie decorating while listening to the music is one of our holiday traditions and we're going Nov. 13-15. I certainly hope they're open.

The area where they did the cookies and shows the last few years is now the 'Celebration Barbecue.' I'm not sure but I think some here are confusing Big Thunder Ranch (which is now the barbecue eatery) with the Circle D Ranch which is the petting zoo, ranch house and seasonal home to Santa next door. I'm not sure if they are offering the stuff they have in the past seeeing as how this area is now a restaurant.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

They cancelled the Halloween cookie decorating this year because of the BBQ (at least that is what the CM said), so we hope the X-Mas cookies will at least be there.

If not, they should move them back to the Firehouse on Main St where they were before...

Comment

they had halloween cookies at the ranch and coloring me and my fiancee did it. just was moved to by the goats,

Comment

^^^^

That's good to hear! (they did have the coloring when we were there)

We were there early on and the CM told us to voice our concerns over the missing cookie issue at City Hall. We not only did that, but during a meal at the Club, we asked a few of the "suits" to put in a good word for them too.

We never made it back to the Ranch last w/e when we enjoyed Trick-or Treating with the kids at DCA.

We'll be there again next week, so we'll make a point to enjoy them and put in an atta-boy for their return!

Thanks!

Comment

I hope they have the reindeer again! They're one of my favorite parts of the holidays at Disneyland! It's so magical, in my opinion, to see real live reindeer, and they look so happy and well taken care of at the happiest place on earth! =)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X